Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

matto

VIP Member
Remember when I said I started a gossip account on Instagram and Magui viewed some of my stories??
Well, Rebecca just viewed some of mine today 💀 💀

(she isn't tagged in anything I posted and she viewed several of the stories-for privacy reasons I won't say which-but a lot of them didn't involve her)/and yes, I just took several screenshots of it

I am so obsessed with Tattle that even if I became an F1 wag, I'd be coming on here every day to dish out the insider info- like I'm doing with this gossip account 😭😭

I'm definitely on the verge of losing the whole account but whatever

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Futtrit

VIP Member
DR is a passive aggressive knob.....so glad other people can actually see it now as well......

• Haha
Reactions: 15

fryolyfe

VIP Member
Okay what’s annoying me is people on twitter celebrating him unfollowing Michael in the same breath as him unfollowing Zak. I can understand why DR fans would be happy about the latter, as much as I personally think it was undoubtedly the right choice by Zak, it was harsh and all that jazz. But there is absolutely zero proof, at least that I’ve seen, that Michael did anything to Daniel. All this unnecessary speculation is grossly unfair, I mean people are saying Horner told Daniel that Michael was to blame for his weight loss? It’s almost laughable because some fans definitely view F1 like some kind of fantasy fanfiction and it’s really not. No one knows and I doubt we ever will but the way Daniel fans have started acting like he’s the devil incarnate is really weird I’m sorry

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

Pole er bear

VIP Member
I don;t want to speculate. But all friendships combined with work/doing business together that I've seen ending - ended because of money things.
this was my thought as well although that makes grown men unfollowing each other even more petty... kinda thinking there may be some legal something going on behind the scenes.

Like Port Cops salary is LOW... i think below 100K to be away traveling that long. Port cop left that (Hinta) to be with Daniel. He was hired by red bull for daniel so when daniel left port cop should have been stuck with Red Bull (like Pyry or Yuki's old trainer who is with Jrs) as per the agreement, but he left that to follow daniel. IN that way he started his own business/was getting paid by daniel. now he's back at red bull but was certainly making more from daniel at McLaren and Renault.

All of that said I fully believe daniel leaving mclaren early to him meant that he and port cop were over a year early too. Theoretically he should have paid port cop out for this year too but somethng tells me daniel didnt pay what he probably should have and could have easily afforded to do.

Now that daniels back and Mclaren is off the hook paying him out, not sure how that works with what port cop was owed

Reactions: 13

matto

VIP Member
This man. 💀 💀

1693238415321.png

1693237996913.png

1693237973277.png

Pierre has the same moves for everyone 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
A lot of F1 fans feel like they have to act as their fave drivers knight in shining armour but when it damages other people in the sport then it comes to a point of why are they attacking people for any reason they can grasp onto. Michael didn't say anything that would warrant rude comments, whatever happened behind the scenes may never be known between the two but that is not these fans responsibility to act as some sort of security guard for Daniel when he is a grown man.
I don't usually like to cite the whole DTS fan thing as people find F1 in all kinds of ways and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with discovering it through Netflix. I do think though that particularly in Daniel's case, an awful lot of this particular type of fan of his came via DTS and the way they have portrayed him has a lot to do with how these fans treat him/talk about him. The show has held him up as a kind of downtrodden ordinary-man hero, constantly having to fight an uphill battle against the big bad world of F1 that is always against him. It makes for a handy narrative for them for the show, especially as Daniel has never met a camera he doesn't love (and I say that as someone who doesn't mind him) but a lot of these fans genuinely think the narrative is true and that they need to protect him in some bizarre way. I really do believe it has a lot of answer for in this case, and no amount of trying to explain the reality of his situations to them works (especially that he had a very large hand in all his issues himself) - they stick their fingers in their ears like 5 year olds going "nah nah I can't hear you" and if reality doesn't suit the victim narrative they want then they create the narrative themselves.

And this constant painting of the victim narrative has led to them quite frankly bullying multiple people through the last few years - they have gone for his ex-teammates, mechanics, engineers, other team members at all of Red Bull, Renault and McLaren and now they're focused on his ex-trainer. They were even sending abusive messages to a vitally important mental health charity at one point just because McLaren have an association with them (a partnership that sprung up in large part as a result of McLaren supporting the very real mental health difficulties that his then teammate and some others on the team had been struggling with back in 2019/20). As I said in another comment earlier, it genuinely worries me that one day this behaviour by this section of his fans is going to harm someone in real life, be it their career or their mental health. Last year, the wife of one of Daniel's mechanics at McLaren begged on twitter for them to stop sending abuse to Tom Stallard (DR's engineer) and his pit crew because the constant stream of it every race weekend across all forms of social media was starting to take a toll on them. It's not a laughing matter.

ETA Just want to add I know it's not all his fans, there are plenty of DR fans who don't behave this way at all, but the group that do are unbelievably loud and prolific.

Last edited:

Louanne

VIP Member
Come on DR, give us the social media breakdown we all need.

Maybe he's deleting everyone who didn't reply "you ok hun?" when he checked in at hospital 😂

• Haha

cl16girlie

Chatty Member
I don't usually like to cite the whole DTS fan thing as people find F1 in all kinds of ways and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with discovering it through Netflix. I do think though that particularly in Daniel's case, an awful lot of this particular type of fan of his came via DTS and the way they have portrayed him has a lot to do with how these fans treat him/talk about him. The show has held him up as a kind of downtrodden ordinary-man hero, constantly having to fight against the odds of the big bad world of F1 that is always against him. It makes for a handy narrative for them for the show, especially as Daniel has never met a camera he doesn't love (and I say that as someone who doesn't mind him) but a lot of these fans genuinely think the narrative is true and that they need to protect him in some bizarre way. I really do believe it has a lot of answer for in this case, and no amount of trying to explain the reality of his situations to them (a lot of which he had a very large hand in himself), they stick their hands in their ears like 5 year olds going "nah nah I can't hear you" and if reality doesn't suit the victim narrative they want then they create the narrative themselves.

And this constant painting of the victim narrative has led to them quite frankly bullying his ex-teammates, mechanics, engineers, other team members and now his ex-trainer. They were even sending abusive messages to a vitally important mental health charity at one point just because McLaren have an association with them, in large part a partnership that sprung up due as a result of them supporting the very real mental health difficulties that his then teammate and some others on the team had been struggling with back in 2019/20.

As I said in another comment earlier, it genuinely worries me that one day this behaviour by this section of his fans is going to harm someone in real life, be it their career or their mental health. Last year, the wife of one of Daniel's mechanics at McLaren begged on twitter for them to stop sending abuse to Tom Stallard (DR's engineer) and his pit crew because the constant stream of it every race weekend across all forms of social media was starting to take a toll on their mental health. It's not a laughing matter.

ETA Just want to add I know it's not all his fans, there are plenty of DR fans who don't behave this way at all, but the group that do are unbelievably loud and prolific.
Absolutely, Daniel has been allowed to be put on a pedestal by his fans as untouchable and giving criticism of him is met with a barrage of comments calling you every name under the sun because you don't believe he should be treated with higher regard than other drivers. His fans are crazy, absolutely bonkers and I avoid talking about him on Twitter for this reason. They bully anyone and everyone they can under the excuse of 'defending Daniel'. Those who became fans from DTS were obviously apart of fandoms where they would routinely participate in this behaviour without repercussions then trying to replicate it in F1 space means they get shut down so they turn to the insults and general nastiness. I'm hoping a lot of them grow up and realise that he isn't an untouchable angel, he will also get criticism just like any other driver in this sport

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
AT have confirmed Liam will be driving in Monza (and until Daniel's better)

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 17.50.54.png

(Fanpages for Liam's delightful girlfriend incoming in 3, 2, 1... :sick:. At least Kelly will no longer be the only facist-lover in the room).

Last edited:
  • Haha