Formula 1 Wags #166 First Raw Ceek 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbe whole article the Lando quote was from. Seems perfectly reasonable to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lando Norris has hit back at Jenson Button after the 2009 world champion said he was 'surprised' that the F1 star committed to a four-year deal with McLaren.

The Englishman, 23, who lives in Monaco, made his debut with the Woking-based team in 2019 and agreed to stay until 2025.

Button, 43, who spent seven seasons with the team, said Norris needs to be in a winning car at this stage of his career.

'It is not always that simple,' Norris responded in an interview with the PA news agency.

The thing with Formula One is that you can be the best driver in the world, and not be in the best car, and that is through no fault of your own.

'Lewis (Hamilton) came into McLaren (in 2007) when they were winning championships and winning races and from the beginning, that makes you look good.

'If he came into McLaren now he wouldn't have won a race and he wouldn't have been anywhere near the driver he is today or achieved what he has today.

'Not everyone knows what goes on behind the scenes and what opportunities there are. It is my choice and I am the one who says "yes" or "no". I could just be here because I am enjoying it more and I like McLaren and it as simple as that.

'I respect people's opinions - particularly Jenson's because he has been through a lot of these times - so I take it all on board. I don't ignore it, I get what he is saying a little bit.

'But if someone says c**p about me, then cool I will laugh about it and move on. Big deal. A few years ago I probably would have taken it a bit more to heart.

'I am doing the best I can, but most people who make these comments are people that don't just have knowledge of what the facts are. They just come up with an opinion that creates controversy.'

Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull were all understood to have been interested in Norris before he signed the contract.

But Norris, who is starting his fifth season in F1, said that he does not have any regrets.

He said: 'We saw what was on the table, but I did and I do want to believe in McLaren - the team that gave me the chance in Formula One.

'It would mean more if we eventually do get to win a world championship, rather than just jumping into a car and winning a title, although I would love that, too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-blast-sweeping-in.html?ico=related-replace-2
'For now, it is tough and I would love it if we were ahead of where we are.

'Last year, there should have been an opportunity for us to take advantage of the new rules and we didn't and now we have to find that momentum. We are playing catch-up.

'It is hard because I am not the most patient guy and when you get into Formula One you have to learn to deal with that. But I did what is best for me and I have faith in my decision.'

The 2023 F1 season gets underway this weekend with the Bahrain Grand Prix.
He literally called him the best in the world and still pissed off everyone

That's why he is in antiheores team even though I know he will not bring any points 😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Landos ability to say something factually correct and still get hate for it is beginning to be impressive 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Guys I need some work advice….is three senior people repeating/telling you an error necessary? Like it was stupid and silly but it was insignificant. I have no self confidence at work and I kinda wanna flag it to my boss. And say I’m happy for someone to point out I’ve done something wrong but three people (including my boss) pointing the same thing out is making me feel extra dumb. Like I wanna call out sick tomorrow as a result!
---
Hey if you decided to go to the work , sending hugs love ♥
they did mistakes and stupid things too. If you can , just tell them it was stupid mistake that you are pretty aware off and you want to forget it and do your job better 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not if those "awesome" drivers never get to be at the front though.

All great that talents like Oscar and Lando are around but it means nothing if they're just there. However, every regulation era will have those who make up the bottom plus the fault of team development. F1/FIA has yet to crack the code on how to actually make things "close" - it's just a change in roles thus far.
Yeah. The actual racing is closer imo but short of going the same car for everyone route I don't think much will change. The innovation has always been a sellling point of F1, the best in the world etc etc.

But yeah, it would be great to see cars nose to tail every lap, but the new regs are slowly changing things but McLaren really seemed to have dropped the ball.

Wondering if Mick has only just noticed that Lando didn't follow him back and thats why he unfollowed or if (unlikely but for the sake of making everything more interesting 🤣) theres another reason 😅

• Haha
Wondering if Mick has only just noticed that Lando didn't follow him back and thats why he unfollowed or if (unlikely but for the sake of making everything more interesting 🤣) theres another reason 😅
Good question, but I don't know if Mick would care that much (from that perspective)... I mean, he for example follows Bottas who doesn't follow him back 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

The only person he's unfollowed being his possible girlfriend's ex......

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Landos ability to say something factually correct and still get hate for it is beginning to be impressive 🤣
Factually correct? That he wouldn’t win yes but how can you say he wouldn’t have the career he’s had when the best of him has been at a completely different team? He’s basically saying Merc wouldn’t have taken him if he didn’t win that championship which is based on absolutely no factual evidence at all. Why are Red Bull interested in Lando if it’s only based on results? 😂

Factually correct? That he wouldn’t win yes but how can you say he wouldn’t have the career he’s had when the best of him has been at a completely different team? He’s basically saying Merc wouldn’t have taken him if he didn’t win that championship which is based on absolutely no factual evidence at all. Why are Red Bull interested in Lando if it’s only based on results? 😂
I think what Lando meant is, statisticaly, without McLaren being a race win capable car Lewis would have 1 less championship and 21 less wins, putting him back behind Schumacher on those lists respectively.
Obviously no one knows what would have happened if McLaren wasn't a race/championship winning car back then but its a fact that he wouldn’t be the statistical GOAT without them 🤷‍♀️
---
It just a fact of F1 that you can't achieve what Lewis has without the right car at your disposal. That doesn't take anything away from what he has achieved but it is a fact.
Just as it is a fact now that Max is winning with the best car 🤷‍♀️

I think what Lando meant is, statisticaly, without McLaren being a race win capable car Lewis would have 1 less championship and 21 less wins, putting him back behind Schumacher on those lists respectively.
Obviously no one knows what would have happened if McLaren wasn't a race/championship winning car back then but its a fact that he wouldn’t be the statistical GOAT without them 🤷‍♀️
Also you need to be able to show potential for bigger teams to notice you. Its possible that Lewis being his first year wouldn't be that noticeable in a tit car. Always talking about possibilities,he might have been great and performed reasonably well unlike the state of the car, but the possibility of not performing well at all and having to wait a few more years to get in a winning car is also there

I mean he’d still have 7 championships 🥲 f1 is incomparable back then anyway because you didn’t have 1 dominant team with the rest very lucky to grab a win. You’d have seasons where multiple drivers from multiple teams would win and even be in championship contention and the 2020/21 McLaren would definitely have won more back in those days. You just can’t say any of that for sure. Lewis would most likely have switched teams a lot earlier too, he’s always had interest from everyone because of his pedigree in junior categories. Being on par with Alonso in his first year sealed his fate regardless of results in my opinion

Reactions: 2
I just want some confirmation that LICK are still a thing so Lu get that hint game on! 👌🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean he’d still have 7 championships 🥲 f1 is incomparable back then anyway because you didn’t have 1 dominant team with the rest very lucky to grab a win. You’d have seasons where multiple drivers from multiple teams would win and even be in championship contention and the 2020/21 McLaren would definitely have won more back in those days. You just can’t say any of that for sure. Lewis would most likely have switched teams a lot earlier too, he’s always had interest from everyone because of his pedigree in junior categories. Being on par with Alonso in his first year sealed his fate regardless of results in my opinion
Go back and read what Lando said again. He said "If Lewis came to McLaren now." You said yourself F1 now have 1 dominant team with the rest very lucky to grab a win. So if Lewis start his career in McLaren "now", then he can't win and most likely won't have his GOAT career since RB and Max will dominate the field. That's a fact. He didn't say Merc wouldn't take Lewis if McLaren back then wasn't good. That's your own interpretation.

Go back and read what Lando said again. He said "If Lewis came to McLaren now." You said yourself F1 now have 1 dominant team with the rest very lucky to grab a win. So if Lewis start his career in McLaren "now", then he can't win and most likely won't have his GOAT career since RB and Max will dominate the field. That's a fact. He didn't say Merc wouldn't take Lewis if McLaren back then wasn't good. That's your own interpretation.
But you still can’t know that because there’s no way he’d stay at McLaren with that car, who’s to say Red Bull wouldn’t take him if they wanted to take Lando? 😂 and I’m always gonna think he’d beat Max in equal machinery so that’s that. Sorry I’m not changing my mind on this, I think sometimes less is more and Lando needs to learn to stop name dropping and look more at himself. It’s giving me Alonso vibes

But you still can’t know that because there’s no way he’d stay at McLaren with that car, who’s to say Red Bull wouldn’t take him if they wanted to take Lando? 😂 and I’m always gonna think he’d beat Max in equal machinery so that’s that. Sorry I’m not changing my mind on this, I think sometimes less is more and Lando needs to learn to stop name dropping and look more at himself. It’s giving me Alonso vibes
yeah I think this is the main point -> Lewis knew when to leave McLaren and Lando seems to be hoping on the dreams (&lies) zak brown has been feeding him. Honestly this sport isn't just about being a good driver, its about making the right decisions at the right time. We can literally use Daniel as an example here. Great driver but ruined his own career....that's what Lando is doing now, and his public comments really aren't helping him either.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.