Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kklurker

So my question is… why was everybody so keen for Oscar to go to McLaren? Thinking long-term, with ZB having all these Indy drivers in the wings, wouldn’t he be more secure staying in Alpine? And it’s not like Alpine have a shitty car. They’re in fact above McLaren in the constructors championship at the moment. 🤔

Whatever it is, happy he’s finally in F1 for reals now! Hope he does well — I mean, he’s kinda helped with the development of the car over this year and he’s been getting loads of track time in last year’s car.

Reactions: 6

kubnikol

VIP Member
I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but you would think that they wouldnt make announcement of the biggest moment of his career at a time when all of Australia (and maybe him) are sleeping 🤔
I really don’t know . Maybe all the talk was made early this morning and they were waiting for something 🤷🏻‍♀️ They announced it at 6 pm for me. That is really weird too 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

suzananneboyle

Chatty Member
They’re also claiming that Daniel was on the phone to Alpine
Which could mean that Daniel isn't certain he can even keep his seat at McLaren next year I guess? So he can say that he'll be at McLaren in 2023 in press conferences and interviews all he wants but I don't really believe him 🤓