Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blablabla29

VIP Member
I just realized this morning than the last true silly season we had was 2020. And this was also Seb who had begun it when they announced he wouldn't be with Ferrari anymore 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 13

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Right I went to bed early, I’m on my break now and trying to figure out who’s Clive. He sounds like Cyril’s evil twin.

• Haha

yukinobambino

VIP Member

Between Ferrari and Alphatauri, it is time to ask ourselves whether Italians should be allowed to run F1 teams

• Haha
  • Heart

Albrouze

Chatty Member
This killed me. I would be here for a summer break where we've got Pierre slagging away in one corner and Lewis giving us Insta stories of him boiling up some raspberry jam. 😅
Lewis seems like he would get totally into whatever interest he currently has. So, if he becomes a jam enthusiast, you'll definitely see him boiling fruit on Instagram. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Came here to talk about the Nando to AM drama but I see some messages were removed? Is that what was considered off topic? Don't want to get in any trouble for rehashing that if we can't.
I’d love to tell you in full detail but I don’t know if I can. Let’s just say it wasn’t pleasant and it’s probably for the better that it’s gone.

• Heart

spielberg

VIP Member
lando's first
Screenshot_20220731_211729_com.instagram.android.jpg

which brings me flashbacks from a year ago doing men's euros when he and max streamed all the time and I'd watch them all because it helped me with my anxiety and depression and when he kept going to share the wrong screen

• Heart

kubnikol

VIP Member
I feel like we need to introduce thread titles to these threads, I can see it now...

Formula 1 Wags #127 The Mystery of Clive Abiteboul
Please do it 😂😂😂 I'm enjoying my last days on holiday so i'm just lurking , drinking beer and fighting with my sun allergy 😂 but last night was so fun to read 😂😂

• Heart

maisie20

VIP Member
Just dropping by to say……

Lawerence and Fernando sitting in a tree

K I S S I N G

#Cyril&DannyRicBacktoAlpine

• Haha
  • Heart

OOps2022

VIP Member
oooh, I have to go now, but if the whole summer break will look like today in this thread, we'll be fine girls and Stephen 🥰😘😘😘:ROFLMAO:

• Heart

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Okay thanks for the updates everyone. And yeah Oscar does seem like the obvious choice to be but I guess if he was promised to Williams already that puts an interesting twist in the story.

I wonder how the whole thing with Nando to AM went down though, like someone mentioned on here, no way that was a last minute decision. Either Seb told them about possibly retiring earlier than we thought or AM thought ahead and had back up options in case Seb said bye.
I think all the drivers with contracts up in the air start the season before. Like I'm sure Daniel is already sniffing out possibilities for after 2023 as is lewis. But ultimately this is the work of your/agaent/manager etc. Fernando has done this enough time... what like 5 teams... and a full on return to one, that I think he is probably one of the more skilled drives on the grid when it comes to that. I see is also is probably a good old boy networks closed door handshake deal kinda thing too.

But also let's just say I think Ted called this completely on the notebook earlier in the week. I was like no way... but ultimately yes I think this was because he was only gonna get a year at a time tossed his way and he wanted more. AM is actually perfect in that respect. Maybe after Nando crushes the Strolls soul, AM can move forward.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

welp

VIP Member
You dont make a deal in F1 over a weekend. Those contracts are hundred pages long usually. Both set of Lawyers take ages to get through this. Either Vettel was retired and they gave him the chance to make it look on his terms, or Alonso was always in the wings in case Vettel retires.