Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another issue I have. The guy was publicly saying he'd never lower himself to go to anything but a top team. Utterly deluded.
He’s going to great lengths to make it seem like a return to the “red bull family” rather than to their junior team. He’s gunning for a red bull seat that I don’t think he’s going to get.

Don’t think he’ll like getting shown up by Yuki either. Strikes me as someone who thinks he’ll wipe the floor with him from the get go and he he won’t.

Reactions: 6
He’s going to great lengths to make it seem like a return to the “red bull family” rather than to their junior team. He’s gunning for a red bull seat that I don’t think he’s going to get.

Don’t think he’ll like getting shown up by Yuki either. Strikes me as someone who thinks he’ll wipe the floor with him from the get go and he he won’t.
Definitely don't think he'll like getting shown up. It'll go the same way the Lando pairing did - people thinking they'd be PR dynamite then they obviously weren't, because it wasn't going the way he expected.

I wonder what other drivers are thinking of all this. Lando's said in the past that part of the reason he doesn't want to go to RB is because of the way they deal with drivers. Pierre maybe wondering if he did the right thing switching to Alpine since he'd be the most obvious replacement for Checo if he was still in the system (FWIW I think he did. They did everything not to give him that seat back). Yuki probably glad he's got an agent since he's clearly not in RB's plans for their big team. Alex potentially regretting signing to 2025 with Williams since RB's top brass keeps talking him up.

Reactions: 3
I don't like Danny Ric (controversial 😂 ) so I'm probably going to be more critical than most.

I think this is going to be career ending for him. He's required time to adapt in the Renault, and didn't adapt to the McLaren at all really. He's going into one of the worst cars on the grid, against a driver who's in his third year. The car has terrible brakes which has been an issue since the start of these new regs, with no sign of a fix on the horizon. When Gasly had the news he was finally escaping and started complaining about the car publicly, the brakes were his main target, and Yuki's continued to complain about them all through this year.

'Last of the late brakers' isn't going to do well IMO.
See I like Daniel as a person, outside of F1.

But as a driver, either his ego is bigger than his neck, with his comments about not driving for anything but a top team.

Or he's just tit because he couldn't adapt after 2 years to the McLaren, and he was slow to get going at Renault. AT is going to be another tractor of a car and if Yuki shows him up, it's game over for Daniel. But honestly, I think it was game over after McLaren sacked him. This is just good PR for Red Bull, saving a popular drivers giving him a chance and effectively letting him hang himself and his career finally by being tit in the car. And a little bit of me kinda hopes he does flop at AT.

Reactions: 7
See I like Daniel as a person, outside of F1.

But as a driver, either his ego is bigger than his neck, with his comments about not driving for anything but a top team.

Or he's just tit because he couldn't adapt after 2 years to the McLaren, and he was slow to get going at Renault. AT is going to be another tractor of a car and if Yuki shows him up, it's game over for Daniel. But honestly, I think it was game over after McLaren sacked him. This is just good PR for Red Bull, saving a popular drivers giving him a chance and effectively letting him hang himself and his career finally by being tit in the car. And a little bit of me kinda hopes he does flop at AT.
He gives me the ick! Honestly with the way his ego is it bleeds through everywhere to me. Plus everyone saying 'Everybody's a Danny Ric fan' makes me dislike him more because I'm a shithead 😂

Daniel leaving Red Bull because he didn't want to be Max's second driver, to go to Renault because he turned down Ferrari because he didn't want to be Vettel's second, then leaving when Renault were building everything for him to be their first driver, going to McLaren and being slaughtered by Lando, being fired, and ending up at Red Bull's second team as their second driver is almost a fable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He’s HulKENberg now 😂 (stole that off Instagram but made me laugh. OT but Ryan Gosling as Ken was brilliant btw).

I’m excited for DR but agree it is getting quite tiring but then again what else are they supposed to post about? There’s no battle for either Championships.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
What is the new format this weekend? Seen Lewis mention it and now Carlos in an IG post but totally missed anything was different

What is the new format this weekend? Seen Lewis mention it and now Carlos in an IG post but totally missed anything was different
It's to do with tyre allocation, basically they get less tyres and the tyres they use in qualifying are mandated compounds rather than free choice.

It's official known as an Alternative Tyre Allocation (ATA) weekend.

It's to do with tyre allocation, basically they get less tyres and the tyres they use in qualifying are mandated compounds rather than free choice.

It's official known as an Alternative Tyre Allocation (ATA) weekend.
Ah ok thanks for clarifying, hadn’t heard of this at all!

Nope me neither. And what is the point of it?
Meant to save the amount of tyres they're using. They've got 11 sets instead of 13, and they're going to be made to use every single type of tyre.

In Silverstone for example Hamilton and a few others didn't use a single hard tyre. Massive waste in transport costs and fuel.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else think George looks at Lando’s recent results and screams into a pillow “it should be me!”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Max is gonna have absolutely no chill tomorrow at the start and I'm scared Lewis will get taken out 😂

He's such a sourpuss when he isn't winning and dominating everything

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.