Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know F1 is savage but has anyone checked to see if Nyck is OK? 😭 Poor lad.
---
But can't deny I'm delighted to see the honey badger back on the grid!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
---
It’s a double edged sword! Happy to see Danny ric back and maybe without the pressure he’ll show some banging stuff, excited for the Yuki and Daniel content too. I hope Nyck gets the right support too! Hope he’s okay

Reactions: 4
Ohhh, I bet Checco’s stress levels just rose… I don’t know why these masochists keep going back to RB/AT.

Reactions: 6
I expected more from Nick but Danny Ric had his chances be interesting to see if he improves

Reactions: 2
Cut throat business 😅 I like Ric but if he can't prove himself after so many team moves, I feel like it's not for him
Yep the Grim Reaper strikes again. A young kid given a chance, not that much, but the owner wants instant success.
So question is why is Sergio not gone from RB? 1 answer. Millions of money from 1 country.

Reactions: 4
Not fussed about Ricciardo, his time has passed and he was really stroppy and annoying last time he was a driver. Teams need to look forward not back, not everyone is an Alonso.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Pretty spot on, this was before today's news
is this a how drivers would feel if they joined ferrari bracket? because max and lewis need to be in “would never even consider joining ferrari are you crazy” 🤣
---
---
F1 honestly needs some kind of rule that a rookie gets a full season before any decisions are made. i know nyck didn’t want to be treated like a rookie but waiting that long to get into f1 and being discarded after 10 races is devastating. though he was never a fit for RB, i just think they panic bought when they couldn’t get herta.

i have to say i think this is the first chess move into putting daniel back into that RB second seat and keeping him there until they can convince lando. watch your back checo.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Found off Instagram

No idea if true but maybe details should come out so full comparison be made not just assumptions.
Won't happen but can hope Red Bull are Red Bull you know what will happen. Don't do well in a short space of time, you're out
it’s been debunked slightly - he would have been around p6-p7 (still not too shabby):

I think it was either Ted or Craig said on Sky earlier that DR only took half a day to convince the five top guys at RB and AT he still had it and was well worth getting rid of Nyck for. So it does seem like he jumped in and got straight on with it
---
it’s been debunked slightly - he would have been around p6-p7 (still not too shabby):

For a first time in that car though it’s quite impressive after seven months without driving an F1 car at all

I think it was either Ted or Craig said on Sky earlier that DR only took half a day to convince the five top guys at RB and AT he still had it and was well worth getting rid of Nyck for. So it does seem like he jumped in and got straight on with it
---

For a first time in that car though it’s quite impressive after seven months without driving an F1 car at all
it is! like i said, not too shabby (and he would have far out qualified checo, which is the deeper point 🧐)

i don’t think red bull really wanted nyck tbh. they were in a corner when they couldn’t get herta, has already agreed for gasly to leave, junior drivers not quite ready, everyone on the grid saying nyck deserved a chance after that williams drive… absolute panic buy (sorry nyck). marko never liked him.

i wonder if this is now a straight competition between him and yuki for the second RB seat - but daniel has a little more going for him there. if i was checo, i’d been making plans now 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't like Danny Ric (controversial 😂 ) so I'm probably going to be more critical than most.

I think this is going to be career ending for him. He's required time to adapt in the Renault, and didn't adapt to the McLaren at all really. He's going into one of the worst cars on the grid, against a driver who's in his third year. The car has terrible brakes which has been an issue since the start of these new regs, with no sign of a fix on the horizon. When Gasly had the news he was finally escaping and started complaining about the car publicly, the brakes were his main target, and Yuki's continued to complain about them all through this year.

'Last of the late brakers' isn't going to do well IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't like Danny Ric (controversial 😂 ) so I'm probably going to be more critical than most.

I think this is going to be career ending for him. He's required time to adapt in the Renault, and didn't adapt to the McLaren at all really. He's going into one of the worst cars on the grid, against a driver who's in his third year. The car has terrible brakes which has been an issue since the start of these new regs, with no sign of a fix on the horizon. When Gasly had the news he was finally escaping and started complaining about the car publicly, the brakes were his main target, and Yuki's continued to complain about them all through this year.

I have found my person also not a danny ric fan

• Heart
Not fussed about Ricciardo, his time has passed and he was really stroppy and annoying last time he was a driver. Teams need to look forward not back, not everyone is an Alonso.
Another issue I have. The guy was publicly saying he'd never lower himself to go to anything but a top team. Utterly deluded.

Reactions: 6

I welcome everyone's opinion, to be honest, that's what make forum talks entertaining !

And I do actually agree; this is make it or break it. It's been a very dire personal year for me, so I'm just happy that he's here (UNIVERSE I WILL TAKE ANY GOOD NEWS ANY I AM OPEN TO GOOD NEWS LETS GO). But I also think that if this doesn't go well, this is the end of his career.

Reactions: 5
I welcome everyone's opinion, to be honest, that's what make forum talks entertaining !

And I do actually agree; this is make it or break it. It's been a very dire personal year for me, so I'm just happy that he's here (UNIVERSE I WILL TAKE ANY GOOD NEWS ANY I AM OPEN TO GOOD NEWS LETS GO). But I also think that if this doesn't go well, this is the end of his career.
Same, everyone has their faves and possible dislikes. Don't hate any driver might not like some 😉

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.