Formula 1 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree does seem a bit unfair that Max is left with a messed up car and visit to hospital and Lewis walks away with the win.
Lewis just looked like he was either going to pass or take max off in that first lap.l, he’s not normally like that. I think he’s spooked. 5 years of no one really pushing him. He’s behind in the championship and he’s not used to it. Home race, he’d lost pole from the sprint race and he was driving like he was panicking.
I agree with you totally here. He's gone so long, so many years with no pressure, noone challenging. We hear on the team radio how rattled he gets when he's suddenly behind and can't catch someone.

The celebration being OTT, to be fair, Lewis does always celebrate flamboyantly at Silverstone, but perhaps he could have had more in mind Max's situation and potential condition? I don't know how much information he was aware of at any given point.

I can understand Max's anger, 51g crash is huge, and when he watches footage back, he's going to be cross at Lewis for clipping him there, he wasn't ever ahead of him.

Reactions: 9
I was sat in Copse today so that crash was literally right in front of me. So scary at full speed!

Reactions: 3
If only Lewis would have reacted like this.. instead he just tried to blame Max and didn’t seem to care.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
He cycled in and then afterwards helped clean up. I could not love Seb more. I’m so envious I wasn’t at silverstone today. I’d be first in the queue to help.🥰
Seb is literally awesome he has no social media but does much

Reactions: 8
If only Lewis would have reacted like this.. instead he just tried to blame Max and didn’t seem to care.
Totally agree. It was shameful. He didn’t even ask about Max at his interview and it was the interviewer that told him that Max was in hospital for further tests.

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20210719-073508_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think this awful 😞. Twitter seems to think because they didn't see it it didn't happen. Regardless of what happened in the race this is disgusting a line has well and truly been crossed

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Yeah but Max’s wouldn’t have been racist!!!
So him being called a Dutch whatever is not racist? Race is not just colour of skin race is also where from. None of this is needed at all. We all have our opinions on what happened and those who like Lewis will blame Max those that like Max blame Lewis. But to send any abuse to them is wrong end of.

Reactions: 8
Changing the topic to a more light hearted approach.

My husband was intrigued after I said how much I loved Seb. Shag, marry, avoid current F1 drivers?

I'll start. Shag Daniel, marry Seb, avoid Nikita

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Actually this is a though question! Pierre and his 2021 season body deserves his own box.
S: Carlos
M: Lando
A: Nikita

• Haha
Actually this is a though question! Pierre and his 2021 season body deserves his own box.
S: Carlos
M: Lando
A: Nikita
I’d go for this too 😂 although actually speaking I’d probably avoid a few more than just Nikita

• Haha
Shag: Kimi, Seb, Max
Marry: Lando, Carlos, Daniel
Avoid: Lewis, Nikita

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The penalty system is an absolute joke in this sport. Hamilton takes out his main championship rival, wins, claws back the majority of the points deficit in both championships and all the punishment falls onto the victim.

It will further impact Max in the next race too, because ain't no way any of that Honda PU is getting reused after that 51g impact, so he'll need to take grid penalty incurring replacement parts or risk a dnf by using old worn out parts from the first PU. Piss off 😡
I'm inclined to agree. I'm not suggesting for a moment Hamilton did or ever would crash into Verstappen on purpose, but having no real consequences does leave open the possibility of a Prost/Senna or Jerez 97 scenario (although that didn't really work out as Schumacher wanted), further compounded by the parts issue and no one wants to see championships won and lost that way. I'd like to think none of them would be stupid enough to do that, but then I thought no team would be stupid enough to tell one driver to crash to benefit another 🙄

I watched a recording (and wasn't entirely sober ☺) so I fast forwarded the red flag period. I don't therefore know if Hamilton had any damage he was able to repair during the stoppage but if he did, that also seems unfair. He made a mistake earlier in the season too, which he was able to rectify because of a red flag (albeit not one he caused), that could have a massive effect on the championship.

Reactions: 2
Yep, some damage was repaired to the front wing and I think tyres may have been changed?
Really felt for Charles having engine problems, and Carlos having such a slow pit.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.