Forever Yours Betty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to them years ago when they only had the salon in Finnieston and my hair got wrecked.
OH SNAP! They were awful! The sinks they had there were so stupid up against the wall so dye was never washed out properly. I went to them when I was going from blonde back to brown and it was the most awful experience.

Reactions: 3
I went once years ago for a consultation. I felt from the minute I walked in the door that I wasn’t one of the “cool” girls. Just such an awkward experience and that was only a consultation which felt very rushed and uncomfortable as I didn’t feel particularly listened to. Weirdly enough during my consultation Amanda (honey pop whatever her name is) came in to ask if she could take photos of the salon for her blog or something. Literally every stylist ran over to speak to her. A bit unprofessional and thankfully I went elsewhere

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Really pisses me off how she’s blatantly copied sim0ne with uploading memes between her photos on her feed 🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
I went to the Blow training salon in Shawlands a few times as the girl I had was very good doing colour. And I did get a lot of compliments on the blending. However, I didn’t feel comfortable in there - the stylists (bar the one I had) - esp the one the owned it - seemed very superficial. Wish I found out where she went.

• Sad
  • Heart
I had an incredibly mediocre cut and colour for £300+ in blow.
I know Betty’s social media is all ‘ahh it’s plush and they give you treats and it’s plush etc’ but I was not offered one thing while I was there. I’m not surprised the salon in Shawlands didn’t last long. People in Shawlands have money but they can’t be assed with unethical/unfair businesses.

if businesses want to chase Betty et al I think it’s fair to assume that they’re not a good fit for me.

Reactions: 6
Betty came up in my TikTok fyp today and it’s clearly an advert for Kip (hotel chain) but she’s not declared it. Had a look at a few other of her TikToks and there’s a lot of undeclared ads there.

Reactions: 1
Her obsession with orange things and that annoying squeal she has does my tits in. Bloody Dyson giving her a free air wrap 🤬

• Sick
Is she neurodivergent?

Yes, she was diagnosed with ADHD a while back and from her earlier stories specifically asked the Dr to prescribe her Elvanse. (Again, not sure how that happened as I’ve never been able to ask for a specific ADHD med, but Im treated via the NHS not private so maybe it’s different?)

I don’t have a problem with whatever she chooses to do to manage her symptoms, I do have a bit of a problem with her using it for social media engagement where it could encourage people coming off prescribed meds due to the insinuation they are not as “natural”.

Reactions: 2
She’s one of those people who just makes out everything they do is cos they have ADHD even if it’s a normal thing millennials do

‘the adhd moment when you listen to music when you go jogging’
‘the adhd moment when you order takeaway even though you’ve got a fridge full of food’
‘the adhd moment when you ignore an unpleasant task for longer than is ideal’
‘the adhd moment when you buy something you don’t need in the middle aisle of aldi’
‘the adhd moment when you want to try different dishes at a restaurant but order the same thing anyway’

• Haha
Reactions: 13