Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Melian

VIP Member
I used to hate the rainbow cake trend. A 7 layer cake full of artificial colouring, no thanks. Also hate how coloured sprinkles are on/ in so many cakes. They add nothing to the taste or appearance, again just more unnecessary chemicals
I do like cake but I don't want cake that's been so overly decorated. I'm happy with a fairy cake. (I think? The buns with plain sponge and a bit of icing on top)

Reactions: 4

Redrose97

Chatty Member
Putting spirulina in everything to make it blue. Like blue lattes , blue mayo , blue coleslaw you name it
It is the same as that phase of putting charcoal in everything to make it black ! Or the opposite, rainbow food ! I It's quirky the first time then it's just disgusting!

• Sick

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
we have a local vegan restaurant that does a pretty good jackfruit burger!
---
Fake meat. As a vegetarian of 35+ years I’ll stick to lentils, beans, veg etc I don’t want fake bacon or chicken - if that’s what you want just eat the actual meat?

and as others have mentioned, grazing platters / tables - it’s just a mess of piled up food!
bravo ! 👏 Thanks for actually saying this !
im not vegetarian but enjoy lots of meat free options ..so only coming from my own opinion but i have never been able to get my head round why theres all these vegan /vegetarian fake meat products that try to look like actual real animal products..i would have thought that this would have been massive no no .
i think if i was veggie it would totally disgust me.
The vegan/plant based take over everywhere also annoys me as there were lots of items in supermarkets etc that would be suitable for vegetarians that I really enjoyed eating and these seemed to have been ditched and Plant based is the only option which must be really frustrating for vegetarians to have their choices restricted

• Heart

CrazyGiraffeLady

VIP Member
Five Guys burgers are elite! Not the cheapest place to eat, but so worth it. The burgers just so easy to eat, so tasty, just the toppings you want. Delicious fries. And the milkshakes. 🤤🤤 Like a meal in themselves.

I feel like I need to make an excuse to go to my nearest Designer Outlet now just so I can get Five Guys for lunch while I'm there. 😆
I love 5guys but Mr Crazy giraffe has a bad nut allergy so we can’t have it 💔

• Sad
  • Wow
I've seen this, what a tremendous waste of food too. Just give them a whole sandwich!

I'm sick of food being overly visually pleasing because 9 times out of 10, it has zero substance.

Overly sweet everything. I feel like this American style eating has taken over everywhere and the whole freakshakes, sugar covered glasses, stuff you can't even eat or drink because it'll topple over and bury you is sickening. I've seen a video of a famous diner in Chicago putting a giant slice of iced chocolate cake in ice cream, mixing it up with syrup and more ice-cream and serving it as a "cake-shake". Made me heave. It's a mystery of teeth aren't just dropping out of people's mouths these days. It'll be diabetes nation soon enough.
My husband is American and agrees with this, he prefers desserts and drinks etc. in the UK where there's quite a lot less sugar. I prefer them as they are in East/SE Asia where there's usually even less sugar than that!

We both dislike "birthday cake" flavours which are basically just vanilla that's too sweet

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Plant based "meat" dishes.

Biscoff spread/cheesecakes - tastes like regurgitated biscuits. I don't get the hype.

Its_Me

VIP Member
The reels of people eating a day of Italian/Chinese/Arabic in London and other cities. The amount of food is obscene makes me feel sick.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Five Guys burgers are elite! Not the cheapest place to eat, but so worth it. The burgers just so easy to eat, so tasty, just the toppings you want. Delicious fries. And the milkshakes. 🤤🤤 Like a meal in themselves.

I feel like I need to make an excuse to go to my nearest Designer Outlet now just so I can get Five Guys for lunch while I'm there. 😆
I used to love 5 guys before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and had to go gluten free!

I end up making my own these days… mince with just salt & pepper added and made into thin patties. I then dry fry them in a pan and add cheese slices at the end before putting them on the bun & adding the toppings. They then get wrapped in tin foil & placed into the oven for a few mins to heat them & melt the cheese!

totally amazing!

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Any food/drink which is popular because of TikTok

Little Moons
Feta pasta
"tiktok" wraps
iced latte

• Heart