Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all. Really hoping having done a mini grunka this doesn’t land inappropriately!

Firstly, sending the Frauen who need them some hugs and love. Life in general can be hard enough to deal with at the best of times without the current COVID world we’re navigating on top. You are all amazing, and always on hand to lend an ear on this lovely thread to anyone that needs it alongside providing a lot of laughs along the way.

Little Master EddieBeds decided he wanted out of my tummy earlier than planned. We are both well, just a bit of a fraught experience as it happened sooner than we expected! I’m biased but he’s as beautiful as his big brother and I’m so in love.

But HTRIA it meant I missed the chance to play with the carpet cleaner so no pictures of bin juice - genuinely gutted not to have seen it. Also weather comments - went into hospital and it was a mini heat wave, left hospital and it was freezing.

Will be lurking about here in between the chaos and at some point might attempt a grunka on the MT, though Poca’s recaps might have to suffice for now unless I’ve missed anything major?!

🔺 My waters began going earlier on in the week....not in the dramatic fashion often shown on TV just a steady trickle. My first was a planned c-section so never had that experience so was convinced I was just leaking something else? bleeping dumb in hindsight I know! 🤦‍♀️ So ended up being admitted for steroids to help his lungs and antibiotics. Not caught up on the MT yet but the Brenda pics/comments on Tuesday night provided a welcome distraction and I genuinely think I lost more waters as I hooted up a lung!

Our maternity unit was super busy (crazily so) so he wasn’t born until the early hours well over 24hrs later. My incredible Consultant went above and beyond and ended up delivering him which was a relief - the poor man had me crying on him a lot as my anxiety/ptsd from previous pregnancy losses got really bad. Contractions never got going so another c-section but all ok on that front.

Still in shock he’s here already to be honest mixed in with ALL the hormones. He’s so dinky compared to my first so all his clothes are massive but kinda cute too. We are back home now and I’m so pleased to be back with my older boy - was horrible to be apart from him for so long. Despite Covid-19 the midwives and other staff were incredible and I couldn’t fault them - I really hope the same is the case in other hospitals for other women. My other half, as designated birth partner was able to come during set visiting hours. He was also able to stay with me the majority of Wednesday when we thought we were headed to theatre earlier than it ended up being so all things considered it was ok.

Sorry realise that’s a very long winded, likely boring spoiler so will stop rattling on now!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Ah I watched the Duchess too - all in one weekend - absolutely loved it! Katherine Ryan's brilliant, isn't she? Her stand ups on Netflix are hilarious as well. I need to catch up on her podcast ☺
Haven’t watched the stand ups I might give it a go. I love her attitude about men and her priority being her and her daughter. She was great on the podcast about being heckled sexually at that awards show she said look I was in the position of power there!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello all. Really hoping having done a mini grunka this doesn’t land inappropriately!

Firstly, sending the Frauen who need them some hugs and love. Life in general can be hard enough to deal with at the best of times without the current COVID world we’re navigating on top. You are all amazing, and always on hand to lend an ear on this lovely thread to anyone that needs it alongside providing a lot of laughs along the way.

Little Master EddieBeds decided he wanted out of my tummy earlier than planned. We are both well, just a bit of a fraught experience as it happened sooner than we expected! I’m biased but he’s as beautiful as his big brother and I’m so in love.

But HTRIA it meant I missed the chance to play with the carpet cleaner so no pictures of bin juice - genuinely gutted not to have seen it. Also weather comments - went into hospital and it was a mini heat wave, left hospital and it was freezing.

Will be lurking about here in between the chaos and at some point might attempt a grunka on the MT, though Poca’s recaps might have to suffice for now unless I’ve missed anything major?!

🔺 My waters began going earlier on in the week....not in the dramatic fashion often shown on TV just a steady trickle. My first was a planned c-section so never had that experience so was convinced I was just leaking something else? bleeping dumb in hindsight I know! 🤦‍♀️ So ended up being admitted for steroids to help his lungs and antibiotics. Not caught up on the MT yet but the Brenda pics/comments on Tuesday night provided a welcome distraction and I genuinely think I lost more waters as I hooted up a lung!

Our maternity unit was super busy (crazily so) so he wasn’t born until the early hours well over 24hrs later. My incredible Consultant went above and beyond and ended up delivering him which was a relief - the poor man had me crying on him a lot as my anxiety/ptsd from previous pregnancy losses got really bad. Contractions never got going so another c-section but all ok on that front.

Still in shock he’s here already to be honest mixed in with ALL the hormones. He’s so dinky compared to my first so all his clothes are massive but kinda cute too. We are back home now and I’m so pleased to be back with my older boy - was horrible to be apart from him for so long. Despite Covid-19 the midwives and other staff were incredible and I couldn’t fault them - I really hope the same is the case in other hospitals for other women. My other half, as designated birth partner was able to come during set visiting hours. He was also able to stay with me the majority of Wednesday when we thought we were headed to theatre earlier than it ended up being so all things considered it was ok.

Sorry realise that’s a very long winded, likely boring spoiler so will stop rattling on now!
Congratulations! What lovely news! 💕 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Congratulations @EddieBeds, another thread baby! I had a sneaking suspicion you might have been en labeur (is this French, I do not know)
Very glad to hear he arrived safely despite being a little earlier than expected. The only major thing that comes to mind with Jackie M is that she posted a photo of herself wearing a Burberry scarf - when questioned about it, it turns out she found it in a puddle. Cor, what a lucky lass.
Congrats again! ❤👶🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 16

LOVE THIS!! Mega mega congratulations this is so wonderful, also really loved reading your positive birth story so thank you for sharing 🥰

It’s also lovely to hear women are allowed visitors now, that must have been such a relief especially after a c section. Not silly on waters either because it’s the only image we get in the media isn’t it, also antenatal education/support has taken a hit cos of covid too.

And this has been educational because I didn’t know you were even allowed to attempt a natural delivery after having a c section! Also amazing that your second is smaller because I thought they always got progressively bigger, it’s what’s put me off the idea of ever having a second 😂

And sorry to hear about your PTSD, hope this isn’t patronising but might be worth asking your midwife about a referral to IAPT. I’ve had a fab experience with them in my late pregnancy & have my last few sessions over the next few weeks and am so so grateful for the support I’ve had. Happy to chat about it x

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Oh I’m sorry I was ramblechatting and missed this huge congratulations! I think you do go into a sort of shock and I hope you’re ok and getting used to things, how lovely. I’d been thinking I bet maternity wards are busy there seems to be a lot of lockdown baby action. Enjoy the snugs x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
it’s mad isn’t it how much stuff is left out of education around birth. I think I may have mentioned it before but I had no idea of the whole placenta birthing bit until I had my first and that my waters could take so bloody long to finish coming out. I also wasn’t prepared for the bleeding afterwards- apart from being told ‘buy pads’ that was a big shock just how heavy it was! I was quite young when I had my first and hadn’t had friends who’d had babies but not even my mum warned me! (Although she had a hugely medicalised old school c section followed by a long hospital stay as was the norm back then so was probably as surprised as me!) I went to all my ante natal classes but they were so focussed on pain relief and breast feeding that there wasn’t much on the actual practicalities of giving birth

• Heart
it’s mad isn’t it how much stuff is left out of education around birth. I think I may have mentioned it before but I had no idea of the whole placenta birthing bit until I had my first and that my waters could take so bloody long to finish coming out. I also wasn’t prepared for the bleeding afterwards- apart from being told ‘buy pads’ that was a big shock just how heavy it was! I was quite young when I had my first and hadn’t had friends who’d had babies but not even my mum warned me! (Although she had a hugely medicalised old school c section followed by a long hospital stay as was the norm back then so was probably as surprised as me!) I went to all my ante natal classes but they were so focussed on pain relief and breast feeding that there wasn’t much on the actual practicalities of giving birth
My Nana said when she had her first no one had told her anything at all. Can you imagine??

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
omg yes, 100% this!

Guys I went to hospital with JUST the disposable knickers I thought it was just going to be like a bit of blood (after a c section) no big deal free bleed it’s all natural init. duck meeeee how wrong I was!!

The morning after they want you to pass 250ml of wee. So I work on my hydration, pop that little brown tub in the loo and get to work. When I got up to collect what I thought was my perfect sample the HORROR, I instantly felt faint and sat back on the loo seat and started to feel so dizzy I was going to fall off, so had to pull the red cord. The poor night midwife who had to sort that out, I felt really awful. Thankfully a few hours later a midwife I knew came and helped me, she literally tiled my knickers with 3 pads and helped me wipe downstairs. Mortifying / what an absolute angel ☹ I had no idea you bled for 2 weeks either... agree completely after my antenatal class I knew everything to do with BF, but nothing to do with my own bits?

Even worse two nights ago I felt a ghostly presence in my knickers, freaked the absolute duck out at what the mass was when I patted it. Had to go show an even more terrified husband because I couldn’t bear to look, he had to pretend to not be absolutely repulsed, but apparently that’s the cervical plug? Why was it chilling up there for 6 weeks?!!

You are so so right though - no one tells you what is going to fall out when? I’m half expecting a leg to fall off now, who bleeping knows what I get to keep anymore. Also in all of this I had to explain to my husband what toxic shock was as I’d mentioned being scared about the volume of blood and making sure I kept clean down there. Anyway, now when he checks on how I’m feeling he says in a dead serious concerned voice “you’re not feeling the toxic shock are you” 😂

ETA: conscious of sharing negative things without positive so will disclaim that it was the most positive experience possible & absolutely nothing to fear. Just would have been able to handle the gross after party from hell better had it not been a surprise 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
omg yes, 100% this!

Guys I went to hospital with JUST the disposable knickers I thought it was just going to be like a bit of blood (after a c section) no big deal free bleed it’s all natural init. duck meeeee how wrong I was!!

The morning after they want you to pass 250ml of wee. So I work on my hydration, pop that little brown tub in the loo and get to work. When I got up to collect what I thought was my perfect sample the HORROR, I instantly felt faint and sat back on the loo seat and started to feel so dizzy I was going to fall off, so had to pull the red cord. The poor night midwife who had to sort that out, I felt really awful. Thankfully a few hours later a midwife I knew came and helped me, she literally tiled my knickers with 3 pads and helped me wipe downstairs. Mortifying / what an absolute angel ☹ I had no idea you bled for 2 weeks either... agree completely after my antenatal class I knew everything to do with BF, but nothing to do with my own bits?

Even worse two nights ago I felt a ghostly presence in my knickers, freaked the absolute duck out at what the mass was when I patted it. Had to go show an even more terrified husband because I couldn’t bear to look, he had to pretend to not be absolutely repulsed, but apparently that’s the cervical plug? Why was it chilling up there for 6 weeks?!!

You are so so right though - no one tells you what is going to fall out when? I’m half expecting a leg to fall off now, who bleeping knows what I get to keep anymore. Also in all of this I had to explain to my husband what toxic shock was as I’d mentioned being scared about the volume of blood and making sure I kept clean down there. Anyway, now when he checks on how I’m feeling he says in a dead serious concerned voice “you’re not feeling the toxic shock are you” 😂

ETA: conscious of sharing negative things without positive so will disclaim that it was the most positive experience possible & absolutely nothing to fear. Just would have been able to handle the gross after party from hell better had it not been a surprise 😂
Bless you!

you’re absolutely right to be cautious tho, I was stupid and remember goin the loo on the ward and thought what I’d done on the pad had come from my arse cos it smelled that grim. Passed a midwife on the way and she asked if I was ok so I smile and nod like I’m not telling you I’ve just shat myself lady. Anyway days later I start going mad, proper thought I was losing consciousness/gonna die. Head up to A&E a la our Jackie and they totally misdiagnose me with a migraine with aura cos I’m reacting so slowly and strangely. Only at a follow up appt at the GP did they give me the right strong anti biotics for a uterine infection and it took me so bleeping long to realise I hadn’t tit myself at all it was cos of the birth- she did that pooing inside me and my placenta was basically pulled out with tweezers. They didn’t think to watch out for me after that birth tho?only bovved about the kid ain’t they?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
i remember them saying ‘tell a midwife if you pass any clots bigger than a 50p’ and then passing what felt like eels, duly saving them in tissue and showing my ex girl guide sixer midwife only for her to be like ‘yeah that’s normal’ thanks, so glad I’ve demeaned myself for that!

anyone watch Bellator? I love MMA but can’t be arsed to pay for ufc with all the fights at the wrong times so only really follow bellator. (Please Don’t go all mumsnet on me that fighting is bad etc!)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bless you!

you’re absolutely right to be cautious tho, I was stupid and remember goin the loo on the ward and thought what I’d done on the pad had come from my arse cos it smelled that grim. Passed a midwife on the way and she asked if I was ok so I smile and nod like I’m not telling you I’ve just shat myself lady. Anyway days later I start going mad, proper thought I was losing consciousness/gonna die. Head up to A&E a la our Jackie and they totally misdiagnose me with a migraine with aura cos I’m reacting so slowly and strangely. Only at a follow up appt at the GP did they give me the right strong anti biotics for a uterine infection and it took me so bleeping long to realise I hadn’t tit myself at all it was cos of the birth- she did that pooing inside me and my placenta was basically pulled out with tweezers. They didn’t think to watch out for me after that birth tho?only bovved about the kid ain’t they?
Yep!! You’re so right, they really do only care about the baby?! I also feel like this with the BF conversation in a way, like it’s all very well and good but if you don’t offer ongoing support then this is just a burden you’re imposing on women. You can’t be 100% about that breast milk life and not facilitate it working for us!

But omg bless you so much, what happened to you is absolutely horrific and I’m so sorry you had to go through that!! The thing is where your body has gone through so much something gross like smelling tit doesn’t really register because you’re like yeah that’s NOTHING compared to x / y / z, so they really need to inform women on this. It could literally be ONE pamphlet where they give you the release schedule of ur vagina & red flags to watch out for, and who to call?

• Heart
after my first (bad labour), i had lost a lot of blood and was a bit shell shocked. The MW gave me one of those ice packs to put on me after the swelling of the episiostomy. I thought it felt weird. Turns out my catheter had leaked 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
i remember them saying ‘tell a midwife if you pass any clots bigger than a 50p’ and then passing what felt like eels, duly saving them in tissue and showing my ex girl guide sixer midwife only for her to be like ‘yeah that’s normal’ thanks, so glad I’ve demeaned myself for that!

anyone watch Bellator? I love MMA but can’t be arsed to pay for ufc with all the fights at the wrong times so only really follow bellator. (Please Don’t go all mumsnet on me that fighting is bad etc!)
Omg I wish I could find the tweet but it was something about how ridiculous it is when HCPs turn away or draw a curtain for you to put your knickers back on after they’ve examined you, like you’ve seen everything I have to offer my M&S knicks aren’t the scandale here darlings x

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yep!! You’re so right, they really do only care about the baby?! I also feel like this with the BF conversation in a way, like it’s all very well and good but if you don’t offer ongoing support then this is just a burden you’re imposing on women. You can’t be 100% about that breast milk life and not facilitate it working for us!

But omg bless you so much, what happened to you is absolutely horrific and I’m so sorry you had to go through that!! The thing is where your body has gone through so much something gross like smelling tit doesn’t really register because you’re like yeah that’s NOTHING compared to x / y / z, so they really need to inform women on this. It could literally be ONE pamphlet where they give you the release schedule of ur vagina & red flags to watch out for, and who to call?
it literally scares me what could’ve happened if I’d not got the right diagnosis and I remember the few days after getting home they come round don’t they and the midwife said no honestly if you had an infection I’d come in your house and smell it - foul! But like that stuff had already come out of me? And she watched me feed and said it was fan dabby dozy she could take a photo for a magazine it looked that perfect and then days later I just had no energy because of the infection and wasn’t producing any milk so she was talking tit really it was all surface. My dad bless him said you can’t pour from an empty cup you always come first not the baby and that’s so true I do think the NHS needs to sort it out with that priority but I think basically if a baby died then they’d look more terrible in the media than a woman dying so it comes down to that, may be being too cynical there! ETA sorry for being fast and loose with the emotive wording in the last bit there

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
omg yes, 100% this!

Oh my god, that is so accurate a description of what I went through!
I had a c-section too - for both my sons , and I had naively thought oh, I won’t bleed afterwards as it was a c-section... was I wrong or what 😂 jeez Louise. Also, it takes a few days for your milk to come in, doesn’t it and then when it does it’s like suddenly looking down at Dolly Parton 😂 ah, birth

• Haha
  • Heart

always demean yourself tho cos they need to know! Although I totally get you cos I did save a pad to show the midwife who had told me to watch out for smelly things and she looked at me like wtf are you doing not putting that in the bin & yeah said it was fine but actually all the gunk had fallen out of what I thought was my arse the day after birth. Ah, memories such a special time!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Little Master EddieBeds decided he wanted out
Congrats @EddieBeds hope you and the little one both safe and well! 👶✨💖

Alan im so sorry that your ex is either incredibly oblivious to how cruel that is or is being a pompous dingbat. Keep being the amazing, kind, funny and (as already stated above by other fraus) gracious lady that you are, and don't you dare skip out on free cake! (You deserve far more than free cake for dealing with this scenario)

@ all the mothers in the thread you deserve an MBE. I'm sat reading these childbirth posts like
we really do need more education in our media/schools re childbirth

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.