Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh @Flumps i hope they fix you soon ❤

I have been busy working and catching up to join in that much, heading to the MT soon! Congrats to all Aunties on the thread, sadly as I have no siblings I will never be an Aunty 😟

We’ve had a rollercoaster here as my daughter got her dyslexia assessment and no surprise (but maybe a slight fright?) it turns out she is. Explains so much but I feel a bit just now like I’m standing at the bottom of a mountain trying to figure how to get her to the top.

@Veronicaaa what a lovely dog, I’m such a dog person so I will show you my boy...this is him with my daughter’s rabbit (toy)

View attachment 250845
I’m not a dog person or even animal person but all your dogs are so bloody cute!
See it as a good thing she’s diagnosed lovely now she hopefully will access support and understanding that she won’t have had before but I appreciate the feelings you’re going through as a mum xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He's a rescue from Romania so it's impossible to know for sure, but you're pretty much spot on, I think - he looks very like a collie and that's what most people think he is but I reckon he's got some springer in him too!
How big is he? I follow a few accounts on Instagram who have Romanian rescued dogs and there is a Rommie sheepdog type. Kratu is one of the dogs I follow. I saw him on television at Crufts a few years ago. I also know a woman in Yorkshire who fosters Rommies. She’s kept several of the dogs she has fostered.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel so bad for kids who are old enough to know what they’re missing, especially younger ones who can spot the difference but aren’t old enough to understand or be able to regulate their emotions around it? It must be so tough for them & their parents ☹

Her little name is so cute but unusual, I worry as Jack is so unhinged she probs reads here too! We had our own TRAAZERS, on a bird?! moment as she’s wearing a daddy sports number today so you would assume she was a boy, the registrar was a bit unprofesh mentioning it imo, but they were all rude down there got shouted at for using the wrong door to leave 🥴

So far she’s just met her nanny who is now in lockdown too so won’t be seeing her for a while, MIL is gutted I feel so sad for her as she’s retired so has a lot of time to think and get upset about it ☹ My sisters are obsessed with her, but one has had to cancel her plans to come down here for a week as she’s in a lockdown zone & other works with ppl fresh out of prison so wouldn’t risk giving us covid. Where there are so many of us kids we seem to take turns which of us are nuts at any one time, and the brothers are on one at the mo so wouldn’t be up for coming round, which is fine. I’ll go out for something to eat with them when lockdown is over and pray they don’t bring their always new, yet always somehow long suffering, girlfriends 😂

Been influenced by you guys getting mcflurries and went back 😳 there’s definitely a LOT more dairy milk in them than previously isn’t there?!
I always found people had comments to make if baby girl wore blue it’s ridiculous in this day and age no wonder people put those ginormous fuckin bows on their heads as soon as they come out just to shut people up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh fraus, is anyone experiencing Covid-related insanity in their loved ones? Old Mother Bookweevil is driving me mad. While my friends’ parents all seem to be staying put, having shopping delivered etc, mine have been Lockdown Rebels throughout, rarely wearing masks, continuing to see their elderly friends and being quite gleeful about flouting it all. Old Father Bookweevil is a scientist and I am used to him being incredibly logical. But he pores over the data and says it’s wrong, Covid is no worse than any normal flu/norovirus etc and everything should be operating as normal. OMB has taken it a step further and doesn’t believe Covid exists at all. It is a plot by a sinister, but unspecified, foreign government to take down Western economies. Covid, combined with some (admittedly very dubious and havoc-causing) road closures in the neighbourhood are all part of a state plot to imprison us. Bill Gates is also behind Covid and wants to take our DNA. NHS doctors and nurses are all in on it too which is why hospitals and GPs are shut (not true as we know from our chum’s black eye A&E visit). The UK is now a police state - although, at the same time, the police are too soft and feeble and are allowing protestors to run riot. What happened to the Blitz spirit? The nation is now overrun with fearful ninnies like me and my sister, creeping about in masks!

I saw her for 30 seconds this morning and she was ranting about the new lockdown and how Boris Johnson is clearly being blackmailed by the WHO (not the band). Gaaaaah! Send me doggos and cattos urgently, I beg you!🥴🙃
Are your parents on social media? I’m guessing so because of the Bill Gates bits, you need to get them off! This is awful but my sister pays for her in laws’ internet and the bloke was getting a bit EDL so she used parental controls to block it all. There’s been proper research done on the acquisition funnel to alternative views, algorithms suggesting content slowly drag people from pretty moderate views down and down and down. They need to come off YouTube and Facebook it’ll be that doing it. Try not to be too upset or think differently of them because it is a form of grooming really, also with them having so much time on their hands they do have the capacity to get into it all whilst the rest of us are too rushed off our feet to think about what Bill Gates gets up to in his spare time x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
How big is he? I follow a few accounts on Instagram who have Romanian rescued dogs and there is a Rommie sheepdog type. Kratu is one of the dogs I follow. I saw him on television at Crufts a few years ago. I also know a woman in Yorkshire who fosters Rommies. She’s kept several of the dogs she has fostered.
He's slightly smaller than your normal collie (about 23kilos but he's probably a little overweight for his size, my fault entirely, he simply loves his food and I can't deny him). He was really hard work when I first got him, it was clear he'd never really been indoors before (he was terrified the first time I put the TV on), and trying to walk him was a nightmare, he'd rear up like a wild horse and panic when on the lead, and he was just vey nervy and insecure. He's still terrified of fireworks and thunder but he's gradually calmed down a lot, it's taken a long time though. But he's got a lovely nature, no aggression in him at all and very sweet and loving and smart (whilst at the same time being a big daftie).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He's slightly smaller than your normal collie (about 23kilos but he's probably a little overweight for his size, my fault entirely, he simply loves his food and I can't deny him). He was really hard work when I first got him, it was clear he'd never really been indoors before (he was terrified the first time I put the TV on), and trying to walk him was a nightmare, he'd rear up like a wild horse and panic when on the lead, and he was just vey nervy and insecure. He's still terrified of fireworks and thunder but he's gradually calmed down a lot, it's taken a long time though. But he's got a lovely nature, no aggression in him at all and very sweet and loving and smart (whilst at the same time being a big daftie).
He sounds wonderful. How long have you had him?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He sounds wonderful. How long have you had him?
It'll be 3 years in December. It's been great because I got him just a few months after I moved into this flat and I've met so many of my neighbours because of him, he's worked his charm on most of them. It's also been a bonus over lockdown because at least I get out 3 times a day and get to speak to other dogwalkers, if nothing else.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh @Flumps i hope they fix you soon ❤

I have been busy working and catching up to join in that much, heading to the MT soon! Congrats to all Aunties on the thread, sadly as I have no siblings I will never be an Aunty 😟

We’ve had a rollercoaster here as my daughter got her dyslexia assessment and no surprise (but maybe a slight fright?) it turns out she is. Explains so much but I feel a bit just now like I’m standing at the bottom of a mountain trying to figure how to get her to the top.

@Veronicaaa what a lovely dog, I’m such a dog person so I will show you my boy...this is him with my daughter’s rabbit (toy)

View attachment 250845
How did I miss this gorgeous boy?! I grew up with Border Terriers! They are the BEST dogs ever!! Here is one of the Cow family Very Good Boys being festive!
1600783026209.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I always found people had comments to make if baby girl wore blue it’s ridiculous in this day and age no wonder people put those ginormous fuckin bows on their heads as soon as they come out just to shut people up
Even if my boy was head to toe in blue people would still say what a lovely girl so you can’t win either way!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I love all the doggo/catto(🤢) photos. I prefer large dog breeds but appreciate the cute little ones photos!

I feel for everyone struggling with COVID rebels. I was genuinely surprised that my mum followed all the rules and stayed in as she spends 90% of her time out and about. My dad is a paramedic so I worry for him in a different way!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not being nosy, but are you visiting the Rheumatology department for your tests? The extreme tiredness is one of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
Yep. That's where I was yesterday. That didn't even get mentioned as a possible thing. TBH, I felt like the tiredness was dismissed as 'Oh, you're in pain, so you're not sleeping well, and so the body isn't getting a chance to heal, welcome to a vicious cycle of general exhaustion'. I mean, hopefully, that's right, but I've been in pain before and been tired before and this is a whole 'nother level of stuff.

I'll tell you lot, haven't even told MrF this, because I'm tired <hollow laughter> of sounding like a wimp, but I tried to do some gardening on Saturday. I got down on the floor to weed some stuff and just got stuck there for about 10 mins longer than I needed to be because I couldn't work out a way to get up without hurting so much it made me want to cry, and because I was just too tired to go from sitting on the floor to standing. Less than a year ago I was impressing MrF with my ability to do the sit-stand up test without using my hands (apparently a thing that gets hard over 40 - https://www.prevention.com/fitness/...1/the-stand-sit-test-that-predicts-longevity/ ) and now I have to prep to stand up from a chair.

Sorry. I am so moany about this. As you were everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
omg my MIL bought her one of those bows, it's really not our vibe and I'm terrified about putting a band around a still malleable head!! Tbh I do think it's hard to find *cool* girl baby clothes without paying obscene insta mama prices (£50 baby dungarees anyone?), I want her to be bright and fun not just ~princess~, not that there's anything wrong with that I'm just bored and enjoy clothes!

Although our obsession with a baby's gender is such an odd thing isn't it, it's always the first thing I get asked before her name or age or anything? I'm not like ~radically~ raising her genderless or anything like that, tbh if anything raising a girl they have to be aware of how tit the world is for us!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Flumps ah mate that sounds tough, offload as much as you need/want here- we’ll never care if you sound like a wimp (or probably even consider you do!)

There does seem to be some kind of blindness with a lot of doctors with regard to what is ‘normal’ for each person and when they know things aren’t right (and also the psychological impact of that)- I get that they see a lot of people with varying levels of abilities and stuff but the times that I’ve wanted to shout ‘this isn’t normal for me, regardless of what other people are doing!’

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep. That's where I was yesterday. That didn't even get mentioned as a possible thing. TBH, I felt like the tiredness was dismissed as 'Oh, you're in pain, so you're not sleeping well, and so the body isn't getting a chance to heal, welcome to a vicious cycle of general exhaustion'. I mean, hopefully, that's right, but I've been in pain before and been tired before and this is a whole 'nother level of stuff.

I'll tell you lot, haven't even told MrF this, because I'm tired <hollow laughter> of sounding like a wimp, but I tried to do some gardening on Saturday. I got down on the floor to weed some stuff and just got stuck there for about 10 mins longer than I needed to be because I couldn't work out a way to get up without hurting so much it made me want to cry, and because I was just too tired to go from sitting on the floor to standing. Less than a year ago I was impressing MrF with my ability to do the sit-stand up test without using my hands (apparently a thing that gets hard over 40 - https://www.prevention.com/fitness/...1/the-stand-sit-test-that-predicts-longevity/ ) and now I have to prep to stand up from a chair.

You are definitely not moaning. When I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia it took 5 years. I had tests for rheumatoid arthritis, scans and MRI scans. Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia is difficult because there isn’t an actual test for it. It’s a process of elimination.
You have all my sympathy because it’s a horrible condition, one that some people (ie some of my family don’t understand). I use the “spoons” theory. I budget my energy to do a task and then have to rest. If I have a “busy” day I have to accept that the next day I will be wiped out.
Happy to give any support 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Are your parents on social media? I’m guessing so because of the Bill Gates bits, you need to get them off! This is awful but my sister pays for her in laws’ internet and the bloke was getting a bit EDL so she used parental controls to block it all. There’s been proper research done on the acquisition funnel to alternative views, algorithms suggesting content slowly drag people from pretty moderate views down and down and down. They need to come off YouTube and Facebook it’ll be that doing it. Try not to be too upset or think differently of them because it is a form of grooming really, also with them having so much time on their hands they do have the capacity to get into it all whilst the rest of us are too rushed off our feet to think about what Bill Gates gets up to in his spare time x
Dad doesn’t use the internet at all, really, but my Mum has been suckered into YouTube conspiracy theory vids. She has boycotted the BBC because it‘s also in on the Covid fiction and takes what she sees on YouTube as gospel. I wish I could use parental controls 😂 My sis has tried sending her articles that debunk the Bill Gates etc myths and explain why those rumours have taken off but she’s not interested. It’s been scary seeing this take hold, it’s like she’s joined a cult! And, of course, confirmation bias is going on here and she won’t listen to or read anything opposes her views. She begins shouting or crying while ranting about this stuff so I can’t get a word in edgeways either. Mind you, we had all this over the MMR vaccine too so maybe I should have seen it coming😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
omg my MIL bought her one of those bows, it's really not our vibe and I'm terrified about putting a band around a still malleable head!! Tbh I do think it's hard to find *cool* girl baby clothes without paying obscene insta mama prices (£50 baby dungarees anyone?), I want her to be bright and fun not just ~princess~, not that there's anything wrong with that I'm just bored and enjoy clothes!

Although our obsession with a baby's gender is such an odd thing isn't it, it's always the first thing I get asked before her name or age or anything? I'm not like ~radically~ raising her genderless or anything like that, tbh if anything raising a girl they have to be aware of how tit the world is for us!
I hate this focus too, but find myself unconsciously asking when people talk about being pregnant and I hate it! For a while I tutored young children, and had to consciously stop myself from making gendered style comments (i.e. to a girl, what a nice dress, to a boy what an interesting..." ) I was brought up using basically gender neautral language (i.e. not policeman, but police officer) as my mum was very feminist, but its awful how insidious the influence of society is

Dad doesn’t use the internet at all, really, but my Mum has been suckered into YouTube conspiracy theory vids. She has boycotted the BBC because it‘s also in on the Covid fiction and takes what she sees on YouTube as gospel. I wish I could use parental controls 😂 My sis has tried sending her articles that debunk the Bill Gates etc myths and explain why those rumours have taken off but she’s not interested. It’s been scary seeing this take hold, it’s like she’s joined a cult! And, of course, confirmation bias is going on here and she won’t listen to or read anything opposes her views. She begins shouting or crying while ranting about this stuff so I can’t get a word in edgeways either. Mind you, we had all this over the MMR vaccine too so maybe I should have seen it coming😬
youtube has a lot to answer for, I have found these kind of videos recommended to me when I have NEVER watched anything similar, and then once you choose one you go down a rabbit hole and it is neverending. This is one downside of it, there is seemingly no policing of content and anyone can claim anything, even if eventually it is taken down thousands, if not more, people have viewed it

• Heart

Women are woefully under believed about their own bodies, I’m so sorry you’re fighting this battle to get help x

• Heart

Long time since I had a baby to dress and mine is now no longer interested in much that doesn't have a Nike swoosh on it, but when she was little I did love the Scandi baby stuff. You can get it at decent(ish) prices on ebay....

H&M baby varies a bit (and I'm sure you're aware of it anyway) but I remember getting some nice things there:

And I'm afraid I always had a soft spot for this sort of nonsense:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really hope you are a teacher as this is the BEST (and simplest) explanation of viruses/vaccines I have ever heard!!! I have very little (no) knoelwdge of science at any level (as will become obvious in my question) I don't know if this makes sense/you or anyone could answer, but you mentioned the whole "y" shape thing of a disease, does this have any bearing on why covid is difficult to treat, as it is that weird "crown "shape?
No such thing as a stupid question!

If you think of coronaviruses (like Covid) as balls with a "crown" of spikes all overlike a dryer ball
or a spiky egg, but the yolk is a gooey blob of pure evil its quite a common shape for viruses to take. the coronavirus family has thousands of utterly horrid cousins including SARS and lots of common colds.***

The Y shaped antibodies our body makes are going to be latching onto those spikes and just hanging off them. Loads of them on each 'ball' covering it, so it makes it very obvious that "this thing does not belong here, he is not one of us & he will never be one of us" when the cells see it.

Lots of our cells rely on sending messages to each other (usually using little proteins or something else to carry a "message" and pinging these round the body like pinball) so they have little shallow "receptor" grooves to receive these messages, that the proteins slot into comfortably.

Like a peg into a hole, it's also those spikes that a coronavirus uses to slot itself onto some of our cells through these receptor bits. Say you have a virus with spikes that are square at the end, and that virus spots a cell with a square groove.(vast oversimplification but this is the limits of my knowledge)

The virus goes "hello it is me, a 100% genuine and real protein from this body, and I have a message for you from a nigerian prince" it fits the end of its spike into that little square groove but then it just keeps pushing, punctures its way into the cell and starts injecting the Bad tit it contains through the spikes into the cell.

If the virus is covered in antibodies its:
1/usually harder to actually fit the spikes onto the receptors cause the antibodies are blocking it
and
2/well, a bit of a red flag 🚩
so the cell is like "uh, actually..." and a lot less of them can bind to your body. They float around a bit not actually doing anything much, until a type of white blood cell comes along, sees its covered in antibodies and goes "oooh im allowed to eat that!" literally swallowing it whole and then melting it with acid, how hardcore is that??

***not relevant but if you google "what does a pollen molecule look like" you may see why some less discerning immune systems absolutely lose their tit at the sight of them and give us hay-fever by massively overreacting going "quick get it out GET IT OUT" and trying to make us cry/sneeze the molecules out.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.