Food & Drink #7 We like texture, babe, texture

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like how people are now imagining me liking Babybels! 😂😂😂

I love all the cheeses, especially a mature cheddar so strong it shreds your gums off or a blue so pungent it smells like an actual arse.

There is definitely more than 6 of us did you see how many likes on Grunkas not a bully post!?
Holy tit I just checked the likes on it!! Small but obsessed group of bullies my arse. There's 155 reactions 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
This is a really good easy cheese biscuit recipe:

I have to admit to adding more cheese for extra cheesiness and I used butter. 😋

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I like how people are now imagining me liking Babybels! 😂😂😂

I love all the cheeses, especially a mature cheddar so strong it shreds your gums off or a blue so pungent it smells like an actual arse.

Holy tit I just checked the likes on it!! Small but obsessed group of bullies my arse. There's 155 reactions 😳
Come come we all know you like making your cheese strings have hair

I couldn’t believe the number of reactions on your post just shows and that’s people with accounts!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I couldn’t believe the number of reactions on your post just shows and that’s people with accounts!
We’re still ‘hounding’ her apparently, Alan. With gifs of Vlad riding a ritz cracker and the Golden Girls choking eachother out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
We’re still ‘hounding’ her apparently, Alan. With gifs of Vlad riding a ritz cracker and the Golden Girls choking eachother out.
Do you not think it’s the twitter peeps she’s on about rather than us? Gawd i think having a knife wielded at me in the form of an A-ha (why does that sound so much partridge) video is an over reaction to us bimbling on about our favourite cheese

• Haha
Reactions: 12
never tried those... I do like plastic cheese though (that awful one in single plastic wrappers) as a quesadilla filling with black beans and avocado. Everyone I know is horrified by it :LOL:. Side note about marmite, has anyone tried the marmite peanut butter?! I haven't but am intrigued lol

I have marmite toast with peanut butter (has to be crunchy) on top. Branson can also be added.
sacriledge

Reactions: 4
LOVE cheese but sorry Fraus it’s a no on goats cheese :sick:. I’ve yet to find one that doesn’t go up my nose - sorry weird description but I find goats cheese really pungent and the taste/smell literally burns my throat/nose.

Quince with cheese is divine. I love Ossau-Iraty cheese 🤤 and anything like Boursin is a winner too. Old Amsterdam Gouda is a current fave. My toddler made us proud when he shunned mild cheese and went straight in for the extra mature....his current favourite cheese is ‘orange cheese’ aka Double Gloucester!

ETA: saw Lynx Marmite - yes as in the teenage boy deodorant de jour at the supermarket the other day. The other half sprayed some on his wrist (a la perfume) out of curiosity and concluded it smelt the same as any other lynx deodorant and reminisced about being a teenage boy and spraying himself to high heaven in Lynx Africa!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
LOVE cheese but sorry Fraus it’s a no on goats cheese :sick:. I’ve yet to find one that doesn’t go up my nose - sorry weird description but I find goats cheese really pungent and the taste/smell literally burns my throat/nose.

Quince with cheese is divine. I love Ossau-Iraty cheese 🤤 and anything like Boursin is a winner too. Old Amsterdam Gouda is a current fave. My toddler made us proud when he shunned mild cheese and went straight in for the extra mature....his current favourite cheese is ‘orange cheese’ aka Double Gloucester!

ETA: saw Lynx Marmite - yes as in the teenage boy deodorant de jour at the supermarket the other day. The other half sprayed some on his wrist (a la perfume) out of curiosity and concluded it smelt the same as any other lynx deodorant and reminisced about being a teenage boy and spraying himself to high heaven in Lynx Africa!
Voodoo! Java!

Reactions: 7
I am assuming that the "hounding" is similar to the "torrent" of "vile and abusive comments" which the judge wasn't satisfied there was evidence of during the KH trial.

As a little side note there, I think the outcome of the KH trial would've been very different had Tattle been filing her receipts back then.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hate to be a negative nellie, but I really disliked it! I mean, I think he could have pulled it back somewhat by injecting some heart or any kind of human feeling or emotion into the end, but he didn't, the ending was awful. It's a shame because I used to really like his films but I really had a viscerally negative reaction to Anomalisa too, and now this. Jessie Buckley was terrific though.
Agreed. I watched it today and it just wasnt for me. Jessie was great!

Reactions: 5
As a little side note there, I think the outcome of the KH trial would've been very different had Tattle been filing her receipts back then.
In my more paranoid moments, I have in fact imagined this court case she keeps threatening, and only manage to calm myself down with the thought of the incriminating material we've compiled here and the fact we mainly just point and laugh at whatever new concoction she's brewed up.

Agreed. I watched it today and it just wasnt for me. Jessie was great!
She's got the most amazing face you just want to stare at. Have you seen Wild Rose? I thought I'd be annoyed by the amount of non-Scots playing Scots but I just couldn't help but love it. ETA oh, and Beast, which I think we've discussed here before wrt Johnny Flynn, she's great in that too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I have the ultimate 🔺 cheese trivia and have read the last couple of pages with heart in mouth in case I actually know a Frau and they mention it. They haven’t but this double life is a danger.

Also @Nottonightbabe, I might have done your wedding cake. Just saying. Anyway can’t join in the cheese chat but frigging disappointed not to because I have a lot to add.

It’s so unexciting, it would bore you all to tears

Sorry me again fraus. I need some tv recs: anything vaguely cheerful or light hearted. Nothing frightening or dark, at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have the ultimate 🔺 cheese trivia and have read the last couple of pages with heart in mouth in case I actually know a Frau and they mention it. They haven’t but this double life is a danger.

Also @Nottonightbabe, I might have done your wedding cake. Just saying. Anyway can’t join in the cheese chat but frigging disappointed not to because I have a lot to add.

Sorry me again fraus. I need some tv recs: anything vaguely cheerful or light hearted. Nothing frightening or dark, at the moment.
Better Things. It’s on BBC iPlayer. Start at series 1.

Reactions: 8
Good Trouble, on the iplayer. I've been meaning to recommend this for a while, it's kind of soap-ish but a young, updated soap with some really interesting characters and the 'issues' it goes into are very contemporary but they don't bludgeon you over the head with them, they're all kind of organically part of the various plots. There's 2 series, quite a lot of episodes, but I gobbled it all down within a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 7
Look at this tasty snack...

20200909_184817.jpg

Seriously though, this is hilarious and would be my face permanently if I had to do PMQ's 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I am INTRIGUED. I have an idea of what it is because I have taken Vlad's advanced 🔺 class but I won't potentially out your double life!

I am really loving Ted Lasso (on Apple TV, but I watch it through <ahem> less than legal means) - it's just so good hearted and it really makes me laugh. It's about an American football coach taking a job as manager at a struggling English football club even though he knows nothing about the game. You don't even need to like football - it's just a silly, ridiculous, nice thing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Sue Perkins in Mexico? I’m watching the first episode now.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.