Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Flumps I’m doing a sporadic grunka of the delightful F&D threads - it’s such a shame the food ramble and wild rollercoaster of gifs aren’t allowed on the mother thread! - so I’m sorry if someone has already said this but can you PLEASE write a cookbook? I urge you with the fire of 1000 suns and if you don’t I’ll just be a child on the beach weighed down by the oysters in my handbag😫
I second this request for an @Flumps cookbook, in fact an F&D cookbook would be amazing, it all looks soooo delicious! A very welcome change from the slop queen.

The chat of rats and mice has reminded me about the time my 6 month old kitten bought in a giant rat. Yes, A RAT 🤢. It was almost the same size as him 🤢🤢. He was so proud of himself, bless him, and I jumped a mile!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Evening fraus. Spent the day searching İstanbul top to bottom for the perfect meze. I had started to give up hope when a flash of orange caught my eye. I inched closer, trembling in anticipation, before I read that sweet word synonymous with all turkish/greek food the world over: Sainsburys. Gleefully hooting, I chaotically tumbled inside and my aching eyes were filled with the sight of an unctuous feast, bedecked in yellow stickers. The cashier sidled up to me, eyelashes fluttering like a soaring butterfly, before whispering to me: 'it's all fifty percent off'. My ovaries flipped like a roller coaster on Southend pier, and I scooped the lot into my yellow raincoat pocket. I had barely made it onto the street before I started scarfing down globulous olives, a rich spicy pate and the creamiest bean that had ever been rinsed. I cast my mind back into the mists of my imagination and remembered I was somehow descended from a distant ottoman sultan. Then I realised... I WAS HOME.

(Also this was the best damn seabass I ever ate)

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Heya folks, I'm stepping away from the JM thread cos I just can't with her at the moment. She is. Completely. Doing. My. Head. In.

Before I go back to grunking the rest of this thread, I have a quick question (could Google but being lazy, helluva day). What is Biscoff?
This thread really is a godsend. The JM threads can get heavy for even the steeliest of Frau sometimes. It's not like following the Hinch threads with iffy swipe ups and over use of chemicals being the most hard hitting of topics to discuss! There's well needed light relief here when it gets too much.

Also - showing off my mini tortillas ☺

IMG_20200805_201930.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Evening all! I've been using up the tomatoes I got in my box. Of the normal tomatoes, a couple have been squished up for pa amb tomàquet tomorrow morning, and the rest have gone into a dal which will last a good few days. The salad tomatoes are tonight's dinner:

20200805_213546.jpg

Served with bread, of course...got to get rid of it somehow!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
This thread really is a godsend. The JM threads can get heavy for even the steeliest of Frau sometimes. It's not like following the Hinch threads with iffy swipe ups and over use of chemicals being the most hard hitting of topics to discuss! There's well needed light relief here when it gets too much.

Also - showing off my mini tortillas ☺

View attachment 203040
Making tortillas is always such a rewarding experience, I find. So easy and unbelievably better than the shop bought version. Yours are very neat and I love, love, love your plate.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I made a Joe Wicks sweet potato curry for dinner, which reminded me that he’s another one with a tough backstory (drug addict dad mostly in prison brought up by a hard up Single mum) and he’s hardly mentioned it from what I’ve seen.
According to the Joe Wicks thread here he does complain about his mum quite a lot. How she fed him junk and didn't breastfeed etc (which isn't an issue but he consistently makes it one apparently)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Making tortillas is always such a rewarding experience, I find. So easy and unbelievably better than the shop bought version. Yours are very neat and I love, love, love your plate.
These plates came with my husband, they used to be his nan's! So genuine retro 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This sounds amazing! I’m going hunting for one tomorrow!

I made a Joe Wicks sweet potato curry for dinner, which reminded me that he’s another one with a tough backstory (drug addict dad mostly in prison brought up by a hard up Single mum) and he’s hardly mentioned it from what I’ve seen.

I just Ill advisedly took another peek and the latest Hinch thread just to check I wasn’t speaking out of turn and oh my gosh... it really has got more and more demented. R Jackie would love this level of troll-ery aimed at her. We’re almost like friends to Jack compared to how these people are to Hinch. I don’t even particularly like the woman and I find myself annoyed at the obsessiveness.

is there a tattle thread to complain about other threads because clearly I need that 😅 I’ve been completely distracted from my roast potato cravings...
Try it honestly, I think it has some form of biscuit in to. I have to admit I’m not the biggest Hinch fan I still think she’s a massive marketing ploy that’s been set up but her threads are vicious. Most of the stuff they say about her is based on her looks, comes across a bit jealous to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
According to the Joe Wicks thread here he does complain about his mum quite a lot. How she fed him junk and didn't breastfeed etc (which isn't an issue but he consistently makes it one apparently)
Yeah he mentioned that they ate a lot of junk as a kid (on the table manners podcast) but was really nice about his mum. More a “she did the best with what she had” kind of thing. Never heard him mention his dad before. My point was more he hardly makes it his “image” and tries to monetise his poor upbringing a la JM

• Wow
Try it honestly, I think it has some form of biscuit in to. I have to admit I’m not the biggest Hinch fan I still think she’s a massive marketing ploy that’s been set up but her threads are vicious. Most of the stuff they say about her is based on her looks, comes across a bit jealous to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.
I haven't visited the Hinch threads for a long time, there used to be some very reasonable people on there. Trouble is, they are really busy threads and frequented by a lot of different people now so i guess there's a higher chance of some not so reasonable opinions being on there. I gave up with them when I joined the JM threads as couldn't keep up with the two, and I felt more at home here (coz, food innit 😉).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Evening fraus

Congrats to @LavaFlake, getting to interview stage is fantastic, well done. Also congrats to @Sausage Grand Station on your rainbow surprise. Love to everyone else who needs it.

For tea tonight I made red lentil and chickpea soup. I added red peppers as I absolutely love them in a soup. Whizzed it all together with my soup whizzy stick I got for Christmas. My mum was genuinely flaberghasted I wanted it as a gift but I love it. Almost as good as the poached egg frying pan I got for the year before. Would have tasted even better with homemade bread so gonna wack out the breadmaker and finish it for lunch.

I also made my own tortillas on Monday for quesadillas and felt smug af about it. Apart from the cheese it was a plastic free meal and that makes my green heart very happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh I love Simon Amstell, I’m going to look that film up 🥰

On my dog walk today I was listening to Jay Rayner “Out to Lunch”, the episode with Stanley Tucci... for anyone having a bad day I recommend it as medicine. Stanley has such a great voice and vibe to him
i just fell in love with the tooch in J&J. Also love Simon Amstell I’d forgotten about Benjamin will see if it’s available on my electronics

• Heart
Totally. And you’ve pretty much summed up exactly how I feel.
I haven't visited the Hinch threads for a long time, there used to be some very reasonable people on there. Trouble is, they are really busy threads and frequented by a lot of different people now so i guess there's a higher chance of some not so reasonable opinions being on there. I gave up with them when I joined the JM threads as couldn't keep up with the two, and I felt more at home here (coz, food innit 😉).
Yep totally re: thread busy-ness effecting poster reasonable-ness. There’s probably a direct correlation we could show on a graph 😂. I think maybe it just takes a while to catch the vibe. And if lots of jealous people just jump straight in and witch thinking that’s all Tattle’s about it can overpower the fun chatty nature and genuine/reasonable gripes.

Ok the roast potato craving is back... would a big plate of roast potatoes and gravy count as a dessert after a curry? Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The brake on my car was just a dodgy sensor so it’s all sorted now thankfully!

Having one of these to tide me over til dinner time, hopefully nothing can go wrong 🤣

View attachment 202606

Sending hugs for the first bit but my shocked reaction is for this bit 🤣 I only use brown sauce for a bacon butty
I LOVE these. The Thai Curry version that are in a pack like super noodles are my favourites. I try not to buy too many otherwise I would eat them every day!

Congrats @LavaFlake!

@Shesaidwhat? I’m not a fan of the new blueberry one but really like the coconut version.

I used to really like Oreos but I’m sure they’ve changed them?! They are definitely less flavourful now, though I do still enjoy an Oreo milkshake.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Evening fraus. Spent the day searching İstanbul top to bottom for the perfect meze. I had started to give up hope when a flash of orange caught my eye. I inched closer, trembling in anticipation, before I read that sweet word synonymous with all turkish/greek food the world over: Sainsburys. Gleefully hooting, I chaotically tumbled inside and my aching eyes were filled with the sight of an unctuous feast, bedecked in yellow stickers. The cashier sidled up to me, eyelashes fluttering like a soaring butterfly, before whispering to me: 'it's all fifty percent off'. My ovaries flipped like a roller coaster on Southend pier, and I scooped the lot into my yellow raincoat pocket. I had barely made it onto the street before I started scarfing down globulous olives, a rich spicy pate and the creamiest bean that had ever been rinsed. I cast my mind back into the mists of my imagination and remembered I was somehow descended from a distant ottoman sultan. Then I realised... I WAS HOME.

View attachment 203038

View attachment 203039
I live for your travel blog updates 😂+🤤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

View attachment 203038

View attachment 203039
If you wrote a book, I’d read it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I could definitely check for spelling mistakes and grammar 😉 know what I mean? Plus I am an organisational dynamo, as I’m sure you have all guessed! I love to organise and collate! <too much>

So that’s a yes, please. Only if I’m allowed to triangulate you all, taste all the food (for accuracy of flavour) and someone arranges Mark Bonnar to perform a lapdance in form of celebratory payment 😂
I will pay $2 a year to taste test from home

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I would *so* be up for a cabal cookbook! Especially if it went BESTSELLING in Jackie's niche 👀👀👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.