Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot about this thread!!! Now I've found you all and caught up - phew. The crisp thing makes no sense to me, and I'm not asking, I don't need to know even though I'm a nosy cow 🤣 It makes me slightly sad that everyone is suspicious of new people, but I do understand why... I'm new but I've been reading for months - just lacked the courage to join and post. I really didn't like the post that mentioned JM being covered in tattoos and looking bad (can't remember the exact wording) but wasn't brave enough to tackle that person. I'm happy to prove I'm not JM or any of her fangirls if any of you want to pm me and I'll send you a photo or my Facebook profile or something. I don't use Twitter, never have and more than likely never will - I don't see the point in it.

Sorry to hear your news @Toffee finger - sending you love, hugs and strength xx
Hope you're feeling ok with the baby news now @heretoreaditall2019 - good luck with the birth malarkey xx
Eek I'm excited for your date @BeautifulTrauma xx

We got home late from vets and music lesson (FANCY) so we had a quick pasta tea - I'd give up rice without even thinking twice. I've just made some (more) cheese whirls as the ones I made last night seem to have disappeared 😙

Sorry for the huge essay - please tell me if I'm being a bit too try hard, I feel like I am but I don't want to just fade away and not post either in case that makes me look like a someone else... I'm very much an overthinker, sorry. Hugs xx
I promise we're not suspicious of all new people. We welcome you with open arms! I really don't like the thought of a hierarchy just because some of us have been around a long time. If nothing else, the really dodgy person we caught some of our trust issues from had been around a long time. No receipts necessary! Entirely agree with you on the tattoo comment, it was unnecessary and personal in a way that I didn't like at all.

And, hurrah, a chance to bring out this gif:

ETA: though you do really need to update us on your thoughts on which is the god of cakes, biscoff (yay or nay) and now, apparently, would you kiss a smoker (and like it).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Someone mentioned fajitas earlier on and it made me want some. Me and my fella are currently making teriyaki chicken fajitas 😋 yum! Late tea due to baby refusing to go to sleep 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ooh those sound yum! Different I know, but made me think of these, not made them for ages, must rectify that. I add a few peas to the potato mix for little pops of freshness.

Bad form to quote myself but the recipe for aloo bonda is adaptable. You can make good ones from any floury potatoes, garam masala, fresh chili and fresh coriander. A batter from just chickpea flour, seasonings and water. The rest is 'just gravy'

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ensaïmada. They're a Mallorcan pastry with a kind of snail shape that usually either have créme patisserie or something called cabell d'àngel, which is a sweet mix made from some kind of squash.

What I wouldn't give for a 3rd (or indeed 2nd) freezer right now...
Enseimada are the food of my childhood - triangulation data for you there Jack - and I could eat that pile right now. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Bad form to quote myself but the recipe for aloo bonda is adaptable. You can make good ones from any floury potatoes, garam masala, fresh chili and fresh coriander. A batter from just chickpea flour, seasonings and water. The rest is 'just gravy'
God, I really, really want these. I love anything involving a batter of chickpea or gram flour.

Reactions: 7
Crap pic but a huge pot of spaghetti with very garlicky pomodoro sauce and crispy roasted kale. There is probably no excuse for why this very simple dish has been served so late

Now I’m about to make my 10 year old watch a freaky Macbeth cartoon that we were subjected to in school during my youth. Does anyone else know what I’m talking about?!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Also I had a chicken Caesar salad that I ate out of a pie dish because hungover/starving

(It wouldn’t let me add a gif but I would have done!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ah, there you all are! @Toffee finger, I'm sorry to hear your news.

@Flumps, you're awesome and I was thinking of you when stuffing down Bovril on Toast eating a late breakfast after my fasting blood test this morning.

@crystaleyesd - are you licensed to kill - or just to stamp various documents with an air of annoyance? (one of my mates described herself as a Baby Diplomat and you remind me of her somehow).

I've been given a 'healthy eating leaflet' since I'm very obviously bloody fat. Mr D went through it and went full on grumpy old man.

'More like ten a day'.
'We do that'.
'We do that'.
'Why would anybody eat margarine instead of butter? It's full of palm oil.'
'Sunflower oil? Didn't you ask me to stick with the Omega 3s and 9s from rapeseed, rice bran and olive oil instead of 6s from sunflower?'
'low fat cholesterol reducing yoghurts? They're full of sugar and taste like tit. What's wrong with real yoghurt like your sheeps' milk one and some dates and nuts?'.
'Are they going to mention that you need to have sources of calcium and vitamin D at all? No, apparently not'
'But we do cook most things from scratch'.

It's nice to feel that somebody has actually listened to me ranting occasionally over the years.

Mr D went round the corner to get some more veggies/salad from the Turkish shop, so we've had helim salad pitta for tea. It was very nice. Think I'll go back there tomorrow once they've had their delivery. I fancy Tabouleh tomorrow.

I'd give up crappy white sliced bread, then pasta, then rice, then proper bread, then potatoes. And then I'd cry if I couldn't have any of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Also I had a chicken Caesar salad that I ate out of a pie dish because hungover/starving
I find eating food out of inappropriate receptacles one of life's great joys. One of the many reasons I fell in love with my partner was when he made us late night hot chocolate and served it to me in one of those microwave bowls you use to take soup to work and stuff like that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I find eating food out of inappropriate receptacles one of life's great joys. One of the many reasons I fell in love with my partner was when he made us late night hot chocolate and served it to me in one of those microwave bowls you use to take soup to work and stuff like that.
Haha I love this! I went through the cupboards and rejected a lasagne dish, a measuring jug, the bowl from my kitchenaid and settled on a pie dish.. Needed extra room for the bacon and croutons which the salad was basically a conduit for

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Enseimada are the food of my childhood - triangulation data for you there Jack - and I could eat that pile right now. ❤
Someone has to! 😂😂 TBH it is quite the pile, I'm probably gonna have to palm some of them off onto friends...

The pears in my TGTG box didn't look like they'd last long so I made a sausage dish with them. I glanced at a few recipes then went with my crazy little brain (and what I had in the cupboard). I've done similar things with apples, so the theory is sound I guess. Anyway I had a TGTG sandwich for dinner so this will be lunch tomorrow:

20200804_220749.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
God I miss smoking too! Smoked from 14 to 21 and have had the occasional cig when very drunk or stressed but nowhere near what I smoked as a wayward teen! But its nice to have non stained fingers and more monry in my purse! I did smoke menthols primarily though so not sure if I would now they're banned.

I love the smell of stale cigerettes because it smells like my Dad's jacket. It's like a lovely familiar smell from my childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone has to! 😂😂 TBH it is quite the pile, I'm probably gonna have to palm some of them off onto friends...

The pears in my TGTG box didn't look like they'd last long so I made a sausage dish with them. I glanced at a few recipes then went with my crazy little brain (and what I had in the cupboard). I've done similar things with apples, so the theory is sound I guess. Anyway I had a TGTG sandwich for dinner so this will be lunch tomorrow:

View attachment 202056
What’s a TGTG? Am I being really dense? Tattle Goodies Tasty Gluttons?

Oh duh. Just worked it out. Thought it was like a BLT! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I promise we're not suspicious of all new people. We welcome you with open arms! I really don't like the thought of a hierarchy just because some of us have been around a long time. If nothing else, the really dodgy person we caught some of our trust issues from had been around a long time. No receipts necessary! Entirely agree with you on the tattoo comment, it was unnecessary and personal in a way that I didn't like at all.

And, hurrah, a chance to bring out this gif:

ETA: though you do really need to update us on your thoughts on which is the god of cakes, biscoff (yay or nay) and now, apparently, would you kiss a smoker (and like it).

Thank you ❤

I'm not a huge fan of Biscoff, husband and kids like both the biscuits and the spread and I occasionally make a tray of brownies using both - it keeps them a quiet for a few minutes at a time... I like most types of cake and have the (lack of) waistline to prove it 🤣 I prefer cookies/brownies/blondies to actual cakey cakes but I'd never say no to a slice of cake if offered - you know, to be polite to the offerer 😉

I'm an ex smoker and totally get the memories attached to the smell and taste... Good times before the days of being a grown up and having children *insert wistful gif here*

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@TheDragonWithAFlagon - nothing diplomatic about me, which is possibly why Vlad ain't so keen to get me in the country... DESPITE all the overtime I've put in for him here! :ROFLMAO:

Joining the sexy smoking club. When I was young and naive a boyfriend told me he'd dump me if I ever started smoking - now I'd probably have dumped his ass there and then but back then I just did as I was told. Since him every partner I've had has smoked... COINCIDENCE? Probably, but it's still sexy! 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Tonight's tea was spaghetti with leftover chicken, onion, chilli, anchovy and lots of cheese and pepper.

Am getting hungry reading all the lovely food mentioned.

Another one partial to the smell of cigarettes, reminds me of happy times spent in pubs as a poor student.

ETA Not trying to be like our Jackie, only that quite a lot of my pub friends worked and they insisted on paying for the students drinks and always said we could buy them a drink when we could afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh my gosh, how do you keep up with this thread and the mother thread? 🙈 I feel terrible that I’m not better at contributing here because you’re all so lovely but I just can’t keep up even during another twitter hiatus.
I have to admit I’ve only skimmed the MT so I’ve probably missed lots.

@Toffee finger so sorry for your loss.

x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I inherited my gran's microwave, which is ancient but AMAZING because it has all these weird settings, like ridiculously low to shudderingly powerful. It takes a bit of practice to figure out which setting and for how long, and it's a bit of a fangle, opening every 30 secs or so to stir, but take my word for it (you'll have to, I guess!), my microwaved scrambled eggs are possibly even better than pan-made ones.
100% agree! I grew up with microwaved scrambled eggs and love them - same method of checking/mixing every 30seconds and they come out great every time. Occasionally do them in a pan but never managed to achieve the same greatness but that could be due to lack of technique as I’ve never learnt how to do it that way.

My fiancé’s dad ‘cooks’ his bacon in the microwave - it just looks so anaemic 🤢.

Sups was turkey escalope with sweetcorn and garlic roasted baby potatoes.

• Heart
Crap pic but a huge pot of spaghetti with very garlicky pomodoro sauce and crispy roasted kale. There is probably no excuse for why this very simple dish has been served so late
That looks delicious. Crispy roasted kale sounds lovely. How long do you roast it for and on what temp? Explain like I’m 5 please.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.