Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sometimes press the wrong reaction like a 😄 when I mean ❤ or a 🤢 when I mean ☹ and then think, tit!
Yes and, as per Mother Thread today, God forbid one should laugh at anything another does not deem acceptable (👀👀👀)

To go back slightly - I already mentioned how happy I was to see so many introverts on this thread, and while part of me feels bad for being in what is probably the (nice!) mean girl motherthread supergroup we've got going on over here (I play the tambourine at the back and occasionally sing the dominant seventh of a backing vocal) I'm also super pathetically pleased to be part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I have IRL friends, but sometimes you just can't say all the things you want to ("your baby is boring"; "I hate your sofa"; "your partner is bleeping useless") and it's so nice having supportive candour.

ETA: @Badlyplatedflapjacks legend! Well done. Smegs all around (on you) x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I like Nando’s but I’m not obsessed with it like some people get! I won’t be having it again now they’ve removed my favourite flavour, mango and lime 😭

You could give out Toffee Fingers to people you think may be me? I wear glasses to give you a head start. It’ll be like a real world guess who.

I’ve just read an article that Southend has been rated as one of the top places for a staycation so it could actually be a good option!
I have significant desires to experience the Southend funfair. I am also an Estuary Frau from across the water but I have never been to actual Southend.

Reactions: 6
Just to bring it back to the ‘alleged’ topic for a sec, I had an entire pack of sugarsnap peas for dinner, steamed and smothered in butter, lemon juice and salt and pepper. It was one of those randomly quick and simple things - I’ve been BUSY - but they were so so delicious 😋
Gonna risk expulsion from the canal 😊 I can’t see the point in sugar snap peas or mange tout, just seem like a con to me. Peas don’t grow enough to remove from pods? kid people that That’s how they are supposed to be and flog the pods

• Haha
Reactions: 15
100% agree @HarderFaster. Often on the Mother Thread, someone has already said what I’m thinking but way better than I could ever articulate so I end up hammering the like button on every post. I love that differing opinions can be shared without people being arseholes and the discussions and tangents that end up happening. It’s a shame we’ve had to stop the chit chat and GIFs because they really made the earlier threads. I’m happy to do that over here but a GIF can really say a thousand words over on the Mother Thread. The cabal have been my escape during lockdown when I want to avoid my family/parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh, definitely - I totally know what you mean on all counts. I’m pathetically pleased to be part of it as well!

I have IRL friends as well but they’re all so faaaaaar away and being able to chat tit to such smart, funny, lovely, kind (and sometimes filthy 😂) women had really made this whole ‘lockdown’ so much easier ❤

eta: ‘Your baby is boring’ 😂😂
I would also like to echo these sentiments, I've had the best of times here!
I have been to Nando's one time in 2008, had a halloumi burger. Thought it was quite expensive for somewhere you had to get up and get your own food* haven't ended up there since.
*Is that still the case?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
100% agree @HarderFaster. Often on the Mother Thread, someone has already said what I’m thinking but way better than I could ever articulate so I end up hammering the like button on every post. I love that differing opinions can be shared without people being arseholes and the discussions and tangents that end up happening. It’s a shame we’ve had to stop the chit chat and GIFs because they really made the earlier threads. I’m happy to do that over here but a GIF can really say a thousand words over on the Mother Thread. The cabal have been my escape during lockdown when I want to avoid my family/parenting.
I think this type of environment can't flourish without the chat, gifs and so on. It is a shame, though i understand to an extent.
I do wish the moderation was more clear or had more specific rules that are written down so they can be understood at the time of registration.
I accidentally posted something that got me a warning and two points, but I didn't know it was against the rules to discuss it/or what the points mean as it isn't stated anywhere?

Congrats to @Badlyplatedflapjacks !

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I think this type of environment can't flourish without the chat, gifs and so on. It is a shame, though i understand to an extent.
I do wish the moderation was more clear or had more specific rules that are written down so they can be understood at the time of registration.
I accidentally posted something that got me a warning and two points, but I didn't know it was against the rules to discuss it/or what the points mean as it isn't stated anywhere?

Now I want to know what badass move you pulled to get two naughty points! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

❤ That song.

Also love Hang on to your IQ - and Nancy Boy which always brings back memories of parties, for some reason!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Now I want to know what badass move you pulled to get two naughty points! 😂
Haha I wish it had been something brilliant, but I made a post many many mother threads ago asking for advice. I had come on that morning to a notification requesting I switch off my ad blocker. Totally happy to do so to support the site, but then I had a problem with a big ad on the left that was just wide enough to obscure the usernames on all the posts. I couldn't close it/refreshing didn't help etc.

So, I posted in the forum saying that i was happy to switch off the ad block but did anyone have any tips on closing the sidebar ad only cos I couldn't see who was who and thought I may have missed something obvious etc etc.

I received a warning notification from admin for 2 points for moaning about ads. But the notification doesn't click through into anything, and there is nothing anywhere to say you can't discuss ads, what points mean, and more specifically I wasn't being negative.
I asked on the board I used because I thought I might be missing something easily fixable, I think my post may have also been deleted, I didn't see it again post warning.

It was a little deflating haha, but I haven't seen the side ad since that day either?
I am also only posting for context and not to complain as I have found some things confusing here, and I have seen other members posting on the celeb threads discussing the ads so maybe it was okay after a bit?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Haha I wish it had been something brilliant, but I made a post many many mother threads ago asking for advice. I had come on that morning to a notification requesting I switch off my ad blocker. Totally happy to do so to support the site, but then I had a problem with a big ad on the left that was just wide enough to obscure the usernames on all the posts. I couldn't close it/refreshing didn't help etc.

So, I posted in the forum saying that i was happy to switch off the ad block but did anyone have any tips on closing the sidebar ad only cos I couldn't see who was who and thought I may have missed something obvious etc etc.

I received a warning notification from admin for 2 points for moaning about ads. But the notification doesn't click through into anything, and there is nothing anywhere to say you can't discuss ads, what points mean, and more specifically I wasn't being negative.
I asked on the board I used because I thought I might be missing something easily fixable, I think my post may have also been deleted, I didn't see it again post warning.

It was a little deflating haha, but I haven't seen the side ad since that day either?
I am also only posting for context and not to complain as I have found some things confusing here, and I have seen other members posting on the celeb threads discussing the ads so maybe it was okay after a bit?
How ... strange? Thanks for explaining. That’s baffling! I’m probably walking on thin ice here 😂

• Haha
Anyway I'll move on to my night snack. Half a mug of dry strawberry muesli/granola? And a glass of Innocent blue juice which is bleeping glorious and lovely and is like Um Bongo for adults. The juice is a vessel for a tablespoon of powdered collagen for my bones and eyes.

Placebo chat, I am a massive massive Talk Talk fan and I love what they did with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Could somebody please explain the gif rule for me? I did read The Rules on sign up but don’t recall anything about posting gifs etc. I saw there was an issue (complaint?) a few days back about them on the main thread, but seemingly they are allowed here? What is the difference between the two threads regarding that?

p.s I hope it’s ok to ask, I don’t want points on my licence but I want to (figure out how to) get my gif on at some point. Legally. OBVS.

• Haha
Could somebody please explain the gif rule for me? I did read The Rules on sign up but don’t recall anything about posting gifs etc. I saw there was an issue (complaint?) a few days back about them on the main thread, but seemingly they are allowed here? What is the difference between the two threads regarding that?

p.s I hope it’s ok to ask, I don’t want points on my licence but I want to (figure out how to) get my gif on at some point. Legally. OBVS.
Think people just want hit in the face with Jack facts™️ Over there and our gallivanting puts the general browser off so we just giddy about here instead now

ETA obvs sometimes we push it over there still too because norty

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Do you get a message when you get points? I never check my notifications (or what emojis people leave in response to my posts 🤷‍♀️ ) so I've probably missed mine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Do you get a message when you get points? I never check my notifications (or what emojis people leave in response to my posts 🤷‍♀️ ) so I've probably missed mine 😂
I just got a notification, though may not have seen it if I hadn't come back on not too long after I posted? If you were someone with lots of reactions coming in and not back immediately it would be easily missed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

I just got a notification, though may not have seen it if I hadn't come back on not too long after I posted? If you were someone with lots of reactions coming in and not back immediately it would be easily missed.
I totally forgot that Julia Davis was on it! Of course! 😂

I can very well believe that - remembering you saying you had thousands of email notifications 😂 that for me would be like

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I totally forgot that Julia Davis was on it! Of course! 😂

I can very well believe that - remembering you saying you had thousands of email notifications 😂 that for me would be like
loool it's true - oopsy, hopefully I don't get barred because I've accrued too many that I had no idea about!

This'll be like the Christmas I had serious anxiety every single morning and had to go downstairs to the post boxes (we were in a big block of flats) to look out for points on my license because of this AWFUL setup where you come off an a road at 60mph into an industrial estate which unbeknownst to me was just 30mph, I'd been cruising about at 60 there several times before I saw the 30mph sign, I was terrified I'd get my license suspended (6 points in your first year, which is just 2 speeding tickets) and was so upset! Dunno how Katie Price does it every other week.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.