Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely! I think they're opening pubs/restaurants indoors from next Monday (not a Saturday... note to Boris). No offence to my english fraus but I'm horrified at the massive influx of english tourists now entering Wales when we've worked so hard to get the numbers down! A bit like JM fannying up to Scotland!

Yes I do agree! I bloody miss Nandos so much, don't care how basic that makes me! It's the whole ~vibe~ of the place I love. I had one a couple of weeks before lockdown and if I knew it would it would be my last I would have cherished it a lot more!
i got takeaway the other day (first time since last year) almost cried with happiness 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ps. is it everyone else’s flying ant day today?
I keep having to explain flying ant day to my girlfriend because she doesn't believe it's a thing.

Anyway, I believe ours is imminent, there have been a few early fliers, but not the swarm of THE DAY.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I keep having to explain flying ant day to my girlfriend because she doesn't believe it's a thing.

Anyway, I believe ours is imminent, there have been a few early fliers, but not the swarm of THE DAY.
i haven't seen flying amt day since i was a child, anyone else in London still get it??

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i’d suggest camber sands but the car parks keep filling up really early which a) makes it a risk travelling to in case you can’t park and b) means it’s going to be packed!

Ps. is it everyone else’s flying ant day today?
Depends where you are, but the other week the swam of flying ants was so huge, that it was picked up on satellite and the meteorologies they were a tad confused

Reactions: 7
Our flying ant day seemed to be yesterday. I hate it, gives me flashbacks of when I laid down on some grass as a teenager and a swarm got tangled in my hair 🤢😭

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s flying ant day here, I told someone this earlier and they looked at me like I had a potato for a head.

In food news, I’m having my first real world meal out on Saturday and I cannot wait. We’re going to my favourite fish restaurant in a normally quite touristy town and I am going to eat EVERYTHING Frau. Everything.

Also I really miss pizza and Nando’s, I would give a big thumbs up for the Pizza Pilgrims pizza by post effort. It was cracking and if you got Eddie to stick some candles in some old wine bottles and adopt an Italian accent and moustache (stereotype from 90s computer games there) for the evening, you could almost recreate the ambience HTRIA x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Nottonightbabe just wanted to send you some kind of acknowledgement. I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad bit, hope the clouds lift soon.
Thank you ❤ It's the usual cycle for me and should bugger off in a few days, fingers crossed.

Flying ant day fraus - it's been all around our local area a few days back but seems to have passed where I live by for now...

Pizza - agree Domino's with hands. I do love a Zizzi pizza and that's always sliced politely with knife and fork into thin slices and then eaten delicately with hands like a lady 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Poncey flavour name alert but Tesco finest (FANCY) Marie Rose Prawn crisps are my current fave. Do a good job of removing the top layer of your tongue. Also Pringles Prawn Cocktail. And all crisps have to be tongued (I’m so sorry but couldn’t think of a better word to describe the action of crisp laying flat on tongue whilst using gentle tongue action (yes I am also making myself feel sick with this description) to absorb the flavour from it) before flipping it over (with tongue) and repeating on other side.

I will never say tongue again on these here threads.

Prey somebody tell Jackie to start using her nose for my future posting benefit.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Erm I have a confession Fraus, I’ve never had a Nando’s, there I said it. Just didn’t appeal as everyone was going on about it, I can be a bit cantankerous like that. Hence the reason I’ve never seen an Arnold Schwarzenegger film either, just refused years ago and still never have 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Erm I have a confession Fraus, I’ve never had a Nando’s, there I said it. Just didn’t appeal as everyone was going on about it, I can be a bit cantankerous like that. Hence the reason I’ve never seen an Arnold Schwarzenegger film either, just refused years ago and still never have 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve been once and didn’t get the hype

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Haha you stick to your guns!!!
That’s cracked me up. You’ve missed out on the joys of peri-peri chicken (not that I eat it) AND Twins. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven't either. I know they do a veggie option, but the thought of eating while surrounded with people eating chicken on the bone makes me feel so squeamish. I mean, I don't know much about it tbf but don't they just bring out a chicken's body chopped in half?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Babe, same! I refuse to join in the chicken with flag thing.

camber sands makes me think of caravan club in inbetweeners

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thank you ❤ It's the usual cycle for me and should bugger off in a few days, fingers crossed.

Flying ant day fraus - it's been all around our local area a few days back but seems to have passed where I live by for now...

Pizza - agree Domino's with hands. I do love a Zizzi pizza and that's always sliced politely with knife and fork into thin slices and then eaten delicately with hands like a lady 😂
Hope the black dog takes his paws off your chest soon ❤
Still very grateful for your How To photos of how to make kimchi.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
My non vegetarian son likes the Nandos veggie burger so much he will often choose it as his main. Although he does confuse the server by choosing three chicken wings as a side!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.