Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the pretty cake lovers among us!

I am having pate and chutney on toast for lunch. Going away tomorrow to spend the weekend with a friend, so I don't want to buy anything perishable.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
totally ot but as we're discussing holidays does anyone have a recomendation of a good beach not far from london (driving so transport not an issue)

Reactions: 4
totally ot but as we're discussing holidays does anyone have a recomendation of a good beach not far from london (driving so transport not an issue)
Norfolk coast?

Question..do you eat pizza with a knife and fork?
Nay, never! 😂 Maybe cut it with a knife but then hands.
Hmm well I guess if you were like in Pizza Express I’d use a knife and fork. Spose it’s not polite to shove pizza into your face with your hands when out.

Reactions: 7
The west beach at Littlehampton is glorious, miles of sand dunes, but parking there can be tricky if you aren't early on a sunny day.

Reactions: 6
Whitstable! South end!

Dominoes or oven pizza: hands
Restaurant pizza that has a fancy level of Pizza Express or above: knife and fork
Exactly the same! I miss fancy pizza, I saw a local pizza business that has outdoor dining and it looked SO lovely but alas, covid.

Reactions: 8
Exactly the same! I miss fancy pizza, I saw a local pizza business that has outdoor dining and it looked SO lovely but alas, covid.
My local 'fancy' wood-fired pizza place is doing deliveries or collection at the moment as we're still under restaurant lockdown in Wales (although I still wouldn't feel safe eating in anyway atm due to health conditions). But it's worth an ask maybe as I got mine home quickly and it still tastes lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Southend of course!

Pros
- You may run in to me
- Good Doughnuts/fish and chips
- Pier
- Peter Pans
- Great weather

Cons
- You may run in to Jack

Yeeea may be better to pick a different seafront location!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Southend of course!

Pros
- You may run in to me
- Good Doughnuts/fish and chips
- Pier
- Peter Pans
- Great weather

Cons
- You may run in to Jack

Yeeea may be better to pick a different seafront location!
love the first pro, should i wander round with one of those signs people have in airportswith your username do you can recognise me? 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My local 'fancy' wood-fired pizza place is doing deliveries or collection at the moment as we're still under restaurant lockdown in Wales (although I still wouldn't feel safe eating in anyway atm due to health conditions). But it's worth an ask maybe as I got mine home quickly and it still tastes lovely!
omg Wales is dealing with things SO much better, I'm horrified at England tbh. My sister's in Manchester and she's just received a text from her doctors telling them to wear face masks and be careful as they've had a high % of incidents up there. She thinks they may be going into a Leicester style lockdown, not that anyone knows what's going on with that as it's not spoken about?!

We could get it delivered to the door I just miss the JOY of eating fancy pizza in a restaurant, tbh probably because it's the only food type I'd go out for with mates? That or Nando's, which I also miss the joy of refilling the coke until you have to use the toilets and feel crushingly anxious because of the club-level music blasting at you... bliss!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i’d suggest camber sands but the car parks keep filling up really early which a) makes it a risk travelling to in case you can’t park and b) means it’s going to be packed!

Ps. is it everyone else’s flying ant day today?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
i’d suggest camber sands but the car parks keep filling up really early which a) makes it a risk travelling to in case you can’t park and b) means it’s going to be packed!

i have beem in a park today and haven't seen any? ( thanks for the rec btw )

Reactions: 3
Question..do you eat pizza with a knife and fork?
Yes, absolutely x

I love Camber Sands SO MUCH. It is like heaven. Seconding this recommendation but agree that the car parks will be diabolical.

Also @emm Greatstone is another beautiful beach.

Reactions: 7
omg Wales is dealing with things SO much better, I'm horrified at England tbh. My sister's in Manchester and she's just received a text from her doctors telling them to wear face masks and be careful as they've had a high % of incidents up there. She thinks they may be going into a Leicester style lockdown, not that anyone knows what's going on with that as it's not spoken about?!

We could get it delivered to the door I just miss the JOY of eating fancy pizza in a restaurant, tbh probably because it's the only food type I'd go out for with mates? That or Nando's, which I also miss the joy of refilling the coke until you have to use the toilets and feel crushingly anxious because of the club-level music blasting at you... bliss!
Definitely! I think they're opening pubs/restaurants indoors from next Monday (not a Saturday... note to Boris). No offence to my english fraus but I'm horrified at the massive influx of english tourists now entering Wales when we've worked so hard to get the numbers down! A bit like JM fannying up to Scotland!

Yes I do agree! I bloody miss Nandos so much, don't care how basic that makes me! It's the whole ~vibe~ of the place I love. I had one a couple of weeks before lockdown and if I knew it would it would be my last I would have cherished it a lot more!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.