Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite crisps. Tough call 🤔 I love Walkers beef & onion, wotsits, Twisties (basically cheesey NikNaks), plain corn chips, those fancy vegetable crisps, and my new favourite is Mi Goreng flavour. Slightly spicy, with a nice ridged crunch to them. Yum 😋
Ooh, speaking of Mi Goreng - is anyone else fond of eating raw instant noodles?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I stupidly started to make my pea and ham soup at about 10.30pm and it's still not ready and I can't go to bed until it's done but I'm exhausted.
I've done a chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I had a small business doing it for a while (with a punny name and everythin but it was so hard to charge the prices you need to charge to make it profitable, let alone to pay myself a reasonable salary. I did it in the evenings and weekends and just never got anywhere close to being able to make a leap to full-time. Sadly these were pre-Patreon/Crowdfunder days;)

I peaked around 2011 when a few of my cakes got featured in a book of cake decorating ideas. Which was cool but also a bit silly, just loads of pictures of cakes madeby different bakers. I’m not sure how useful it was to anyone who bought it. But it was kinda cool to pretend I was proper published

Then the market got saturated with loads of people who were hobbyists, which isn’t to say they were crap, not at all (though some were, and dishonest, I had some businesses steal my photos to pass off as my own, that was fun. One had the bare faced cheek to claim it wasn’t my photo, but their cake inspired by mine. Bizarre early social media gaslighting there) but because they didn’t need to make a lot of money from it, they were doing it for fun, it made the market incredibly hard to be profitable in.

So, in the end, I had to give it up as a business because it was driving me crazy from lack of sleep, I couldn’t see it going anywhere, I also was ill for a while then ran away from my marriage and it all got too much

I love edible flowers too. Here have some pretty ones @heretoreaditall2019

I’m off to bed, and will restrain from excessive cake photos in the future. You are all lovely to be so nice to me about them, I have fond memories of them as I lost myself in making them and they were a joy to me in a crappy time. x
Flumps, your cakes look gorgeous. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am so confused. Was MG eating ham crisps all along or was she different crisps from the same multipack?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm rather partial to skip but don't get them often as I can't stop at one packet. Also love veg crisps, I always wish there are more beetroot ones in the pack. In view of this I did buy a box of Beetroot crisps from Amazon once. I ate 3 packets day of arrival and, apologies if TMI, I had a few moments alarm the next day until I remembered what I'd eaten the night before.😱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Me when I finally twigged what people were talking about

You guys really could be spies!

Apropos of nothing at all, but I mentioned on the mother thread a while ago that my partner lost his job (because Covid). He's just got a shiny new one! And I reckon much better suited to him than the previous one. Am so very happy and so relieved for him. I may have had a little cry, because I am a crier.
Oh hurray! What a relief for you both. And it seems things have turned out better in the end. Also - I bow down to your supreme cake baking and decorating skills!

Favourite crisps? Walkers Marmite flavour and Hula Hoops original.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I do like walkers prawn cocktail. I can’t believe everyone was thinking the same as me about long posts. So long, often irrelevant but I thought I was being a witch! I am partial to a wotsit too but I eat them too quickly as I like to pretend I’m woody woodpecker with them.

eta- I meant to say well done to Mr Flumps too, what a relief, love the cakes too. Cake decorating is always one of those things I think I could have a go at but it’s so difficult!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I first heard about this place through Mumsnet (dunno why I read it so much, I'm not a mum, and the quality of the AIBUs just gets worse and worse) and came in to check out the Meghan Markle threads. Found them a bit mad, full of conspiracy theories about fake babies and the like, then I noticed that Jack Monroe had a thread...

I think Mumsnet tries to quickly stamp out any mention of Tattle though (not as quickly as they stamp out mentions of MNTrolls, mind!).
Yes about the MM threads! I dipped my toe into them after finding this place thanks to Jack on Twitter. They absolutely dislike her, talk about her giving Harry blowjobs in public, (sure) and think Kate is a goddess (hmm). I want to find a thread with a similar vibe to Jack's, but haven't yet (except this one obvs).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm still catching up fraus, bit poorly with MH at the mo and keep falling behind! 😩

But crisps - I'm actually a ready salted girl! Sometimes with ketchup on 😂 (weird childhood thing!)
Outside of that, salt and vinegar, pickled onion, Worcester sauce, tomato ketchup. Cheese and onion only really in a sandwich.

Most boring crisps ever? Effing roast chicken! 🙄

And as for avocado, avo and marmite on toast is the best, sometimes with a sprinkle of chilli 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I ended up here because a Facebook acquaintance, who has threads about her on here, shared a petition to get the site shut down - backfired somewhat, as I saw there was a Celeb section and that was it, hooked!

• Haha
  • Wow
I ended up here because a Facebook acquaintance, who has threads about her on here, shared a petition to get the site shut down - backfired somewhat, as I saw there was a Celeb section and that was it, hooked!
No way!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
PS - may I submit as a contender for Worst Crisp Ever, Tesco's Taste The Difference Mince Pie flavour? They were vile and thankfully have never been repeated.

• Sick
  • Wow
Stop encouraging me. It's the one vaguely creative skill I have, so I will show off. I liked making ones for kids best I think, though I do love making sugar flowers too.

View attachment 195049View attachment 195050View attachment 195051
I'm late to the party, but @Flumps, these are incredible! I wish I could order one for my half Jamaican half German nephew, but alas he doesn't live in these Isles. I think it would show him I love him as much as he loves me.

I'm obsessed with the Peppa pig picnic. Obsessed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Morning Fraus! Thank you for the photoshop hilarity on the other thread, gave me a good laugh over my first cup of tea (and will make me laugh for the rest of the day I reckon). My pea and ham soup is the best I've ever made, it's SO NICE if I do say so myself. I don't always use celery because I hate the waste of it (though now I've realised I can freeze it that's not going to be a problem) - but it makes *such* a difference to the base, I'm never going to leave it out again.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Morning all! Catching up on my break with a cuppa and brownie. I also have some lychees in an attempt to pretend I’m healthy.

@Falkor I found this site through someone on Facebook sharing the same (or a similar) petition last year. They were saying what a horrible mean site it was so obviously, being a nosey bastard, I came and had a look. Been here ever since!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.