Food & Drink #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm, not sure what to say to this tbh! I was trying to be all woman of mystery on account of TRIANGULATION purposes but I thought maybe my enthusiasm for Morton's crispy rolls might have given it away before now 😅
I had no idea about the Morton’s..... now that makes sense. 🎵 We built this city on Morton’s rolls 🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Today we had leftover homemade chickpea masala and cabbage thoran from Saturday, so we had that with turmeric rice, grilled lamb chops, and homemade raita and carrot pickles. My fave kind of food.

Also feeling FANTASTIC because I finally had my hair done today, flicking my bouncy waves all over the place but kind of let down by my mumsy rain jacket
Ooh it’s lurvely

ETA you’re not very good at eyeliner though

I'm finding this thread quite inspiring. I used to love cooking and was forever experimenting with new dishes, back when I lived with my ex. We broke up years ago, and I find cooking for one never really has the same appeal...so much of the joy of cooking is in sharing your food with others. Ironically it was wasted on my ex, who was a tastebud-free zone who, left to his own devices, would put pasta in a pan of cold water and bring it to the boil... 😱

I've always had an uncomfortable relationship with food (long history of bulimia), but I know I'm happier when I'm cooking regularly and properly. I really feel that this thread is inspiring me to get into the single-fridged kitchen of my (rented) flat.
Babe, same xx

• Haha
Reactions: 22
We went out for dinner en famille!!! Husband on holiday today but torrential rain ALL day so not much occurring. We went to our local sourdough pizza place where I had salami and black olive with 3 large glasses of rose... because I could. Kids had a ball as we were the only people in so they got HUGE portions (they’re so my kids!)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yep yep yep this is exactly how I feel, too. I don’t mean to start tit and sorry if I’ve made anyone uncomfortable, tbh I never think about the potential repercussions of sharing my opinions because I see the forum as a place for discussion? Not I’m right / you’re wrong - funnily that’s how I feel twitter actually is as it’s SO personality led with lil think piece threads from the same old journos? I felt we were all open to discussing anything from money / politics / class / gender (although lord help me cos I don’t fully understand that stuff) and wouldn’t ever be rude to anyone who disagreed or flounce 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s weird to have been described as hateful for daring to think a landlord may be a Tory - is that really that radical a view? And to have people be intentionally obtuse, like no of course I don’t think you’re scum for being tragically widowed, surely you don’t need that clarifying...

I think the threads are a victim of their own success / SEO ranking. It’s so fab as the visibility they clearly have means it’s grown the coven massively, but like with anything as it scales you get a dilution at best, actual scary tit at worse. It’s about then deciding if you feel comfortable being there amongst some odd bits. Weird init and sorry to be a chatty patty about this x

Are you still on tinder if you don’t mind me asking? That’s one of the things I miss the most about the office, swiping through colleagues’ options and judging 😂
I didn’t mean to shut down discussion I do generally love how meandering the threads get but MAN it was just boring and I should’ve just quietly hidden the people I found - yeah, obtuse. I am a bit uncomfortable with the comparison between the threads and the long term twitter abuse Jack’s had from I guess some people who also joined tattle, like I just don’t think it’s the same thing at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Today we had leftover homemade chickpea masala and cabbage thoran from Saturday, so we had that with turmeric rice, grilled lamb chops, and homemade raita and carrot pickles. My fave kind of food.

Also feeling FANTASTIC because I finally had my hair done today, flicking my bouncy waves all over the place but kind of let down by my mumsy rain jacket
Babe, same. I got my hair did on Saturday and I'm a new woman. I love yours it looks FAB

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just catching up.
Breakfast was cinnamon Graham’s (mad craving for all things cinnamon lately)
Lunch - chicken soup
Dinner - chicken fajitas

I feel the same about cooking for one. I live with my 5yo son but he’d live on spag bol and pizza given half the chance so I don’t go wild in the kitchen these days so live vicariously through the dishes on this thread 😂

Off to an actual Italian restaurant tomorrow evening though so very excited for that (and nervous to be venturing out in the strange world).

Tv wise I’m really into American horror story at the moment but aware I’m years late to the party with that one.

Oh and all the carpet juice posts are making me want to give mine a good going over. Whoever thought beige/grey carpet was a good idea?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Ooooo. Lovely hair. Enjoy the opportunity to swish it about as much as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a kid who doesn't eat a big variety of things, so I'm often cooking just for me too. I love cooking and I'm confident doing it, but even I've been in that vicious cycle and I completely get it. Also worth doing a bit of planning, not meal planning as such, because I find that depressing, but having a bunch of things that go together.

So, to go with your salady bits, I'd also throw in the trolley a block of feta cheese, some halloumi, hummus, yoghurt, maybe falafel, and some olives. Plus pitta or flatbreads. Then you've got greek salad ready to go. Wraps or pitta with halloumi, hummus and salad, or falafel, hummus and salad. You can make tzatziki easily with yoghurt, cucumber, mint and garlic (grate cucumber, squeeze out the water, mix with a little grated garlic, yoghurt, mint and salt and a tiny bit of sugar). Then you have several Mediterranean meals and not much prep or decision making to do.

You can marinade a block of feta in olive oil, lemon, thyme, olives and pepper (and a bit of chilli if you like), then tumble over some chopped tomato or cherry tomato for a feta salad.

Microwave bags of rice are admittedly an expensive way of having rice, but they taste ok, and aren't too bad when it's just for you. Makes what to have with the main nice and easy.

A few herbs make a difference too. Add leafy ones to salad and stalky ones to roasting meat, for easy, easy taste, but low effort.

Jars of antipasti veg are good to have with things. Red peppers, articokes, aubergines, semi-dried tomatoes, that sort of thing. You can have them in salads, or with roasted chicken thighs, or put them in salmon parcels too. Or stuff them into pitta or toasted sandwiches with cheese of your choice. And they keep for a while in the fridge, so don't have to eat all at once.

Hope that helps too. I so know the feeling of nice food feeling like too much work. x
I find almost all of those things appeal so defo going to buy some more exciting things that can be bunged together to make something nice. I did buy some boil in the bag rice because can I duck make it but then it’s still in the cupboard and I’ve just eaten bagels all week. It’s like you’ve SEEN me, thank you. When I manage to make something I’ll take a photo and show you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone over on the JM thread making our point for us as we speak 🙄

Edit to add (because I don't want to be unremittingly neg) that your hair looks amazing @blurstoftimes

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Someone over on the JM thread making our point for us as we speak 🙄

Watching JO on ch4 news & Jon Snow is asking him if covid was worse in countries where obesity is more prominent, what a bleeping ridiculous question to ask him he’s a chef not the world health organisation?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's really horrible! I grieve for our threads! It also makes it so much easier for certain people to write us *all* off as vindictive trolls.
Yep that’s the problem, isn’t it? Oooh they’re nasty trolls. No, we are actually intelligent people who can see discrepancies and untruths and it annoys us. No idea what is going on over there, but I certainly do not want to be lumped in with the right wing haters who seem to thrive on despising JM

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I only stumbled into the JM threads through lockdown boredom and joined in around DKL time as you were all so witty. I dont have the energy to be so invested hating someone like these trolls do.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yep that’s the problem, isn’t it? Oooh they’re nasty trolls. No, we are actually intelligent people who can see discrepancies and untruths and it annoys us. No idea what is going on over there, but I certainly do not want to be lumped in with the right wing haters who seem to thrive on despising JM
Again, babe, same. I am very left wing and I dont hate JM for any reason other than she scams people/initiates pile ons and commits animal cruelty ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Again, babe, same. I am very left wing and I dont hate JM for any reason other than she scams people/initiates pile ons and commits animal cruelty ☹
All actions anyone would/should find awful anyway! All the other stuff.. nah. Go to twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
mmm carrot pickles and raita 🤤 chickpea masala ... turmeric rice ... Cabbage thoran ...

Haven’t you got amazingly beautiful hair?! 😍
Saying this as someone with rod-straight black hair (grass is always greener)
indeed - I would LOVE to have rod straight black hair!

wow the JM thread is very yikes at the moment isn’t it...‘not ALL landlords’ is a strange hill to die on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
indeed - I would LOVE to have rod straight black hair!

wow the JM thread is very yikes at the moment isn’t it...‘not ALL landlords’ is a strange hill to die on 😂
Also fancy giving that much of a tit about what anyone online has to say about anything to do with your life? Obviously outside of the really wrong morally tit like Wiley being a massive anti Semite or anything right wing and poisonous, who bleeping cares? All our phones turn off 🤷🏻‍♀️

Babe, same. Absolute agony (and it wa the second time I’ve broken it!). Incidentally, I was prescribed tramadol for the pain, and the withdrawals from coming off that were almost as bad as the pain from the coccyx breakage...

LOVE this thread by the way. Been lurking and it makes me very happy. Almost as happy as the joy of seeing an unexpected butterfly 🦋
I don’t know the full story but hinch is promoting this fabric conditioner spray & told people to use it on their stairs, but it made them slippy af and loads of people have seriously harmed themselves from it 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.