Food & Drink #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm properly pissing myself at the image of obsessive Hinchers falling down stairs. I'm going to hell.

On the topic of thread titles, I know I've expressed my chagrin already on the JM thread but I was so pissed that the UNDEMOCRATICALLY CHOSEN title was a) annoyingly similar to thread #13 and b) the suggestion of someone who is mates with a fash and done a flounce now.

Like, obv, I have a life and job and relationship so this hasn't weighed heavily on my mind but if I'm bitching about fairweather gossipers then I may as well get it out.

ETA lol @Alansbigplate sorry for becoming everything you despise. That actually WILL weigh heavily on me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm properly pissing myself at the image of obsessive Hinchers falling down stairs. I'm going to hell.

On the topic of thread titles, I know I've expressed my chagrin already on the JM thread but I was so pissed that the UNDEMOCRATICALLY CHOSEN title was a) annoyingly similar to thread #13 and b) the suggestion of someone who is mates with a fash and done a flounce now.

Like, obv, I have a life and job and relationship so this hasn't weighed heavily on my mind but if I'm bitching about fairweather gossipers then I may as well get it out.

ETA lol @Alansbigplate sorry for becoming everything you despise. That actually WILL weigh heavily on me.
I’m so ancient I can’t even remember what I had for dinner yesterday, so to be honest I can’t remember thread titles

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Landlord & billionaire lives matter x

That’s lovely though congrats, sorry to be so uncouth as to ask but what is Queen Anne’s lace wild carrot? Is this a carrot flavoured jelly? It sounds very fancy though x
Not uncouth at all... until last week I didnt have a clue but am now rebranding myself as women of nature x

My partner is massively into his horticulture and is gettint to teach a city urchin like me about it all now I live with him! It's a plant that is from the carrot family and has a really floral scent and you can use it to make cordial, jelly and fizz! I feel like the closest flavour is elderflower but tbh it's quite different! It's a white plant thay has one red flower in the centre and that's supposed to be Queen Anne's blood (speculation) when she pricked her finger sewing lace or something. Sorry for the botany lecture 🤣
growing-queens-annes-lace.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I don't see how mods can discourage these things but not try to stop people from joining at thread 40-odd, not bothering to read the previous threads or even the summaries, and asking frankly idiotic questions.
I noticed Jack hasnt mentioned Louisa for a while...have they split up?

SHEEEEEE LEEEEEFFFFFTTTTT 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m so ancient I can’t even remember what I had for dinner yesterday, so to be honest I can’t remember thread titles
I'm just a crank, tbh. I don't know my times tables but I have Rainman-esque recall of words.

One of my favourite things is noting social contagion (in linguistic terms) on the threads. Someone will use a particular turn of phrase and it mushrooms.

It's also why I get super bored with very repetitive posters (ham, anyone?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I was quite proud, however, when I threw in ‘reverse rats tail’ and everyone ran with it 😂 Put in on my CV.

PS: what does ‘fash ’ mean, please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm just a crank, tbh. I don't know my times tables but I have Rainman-esque recall of words.

One of my favourite things is noting social contagion (in linguistic terms) on the threads. Someone will use a particular turn of phrase and it mushrooms.

It's also why I get super bored with very repetitive posters (ham, anyone?).
but how does your old boy feel about ham?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Not uncouth at all... until last week I didnt have a clue but am now rebranding myself as women of nature x

My partner is massively into his horticulture and is gettint to teach a city urchin like me about it all now I live with him! It's a plant that is from the carrot family and has a really floral scent and you can use it to make cordial, jelly and fizz! I feel like the closest flavour is elderflower but tbh it's quite different! It's a white plant thay has one red flower in the centre and that's supposed to be Queen Anne's blood (speculation) when she pricked her finger sewing lace or something. Sorry for the botany lecture 🤣View attachment 194184
Oooh, FANCY! In all seriousness, I’ve gone from no indoor plants pre-lockdown, to at least one in every room and that’s all because of you guys. Loving it! And well, many of you will have seen the secretions I shared earlier which was also a purchase made on the advice of the coven. And I had that charred aubergine chilli that was discussed a few threads ago #Cabalite

Agree that the JM thread has gone a bit weird - but to be honest this thread has everything I wanted. Bit of craic, and a bit of education! And many, many gifs 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The actual embarrassment of it, I just sulk quietly instead.

I love dipping in and out of the Celeb Gossip on Tattle, I do find it confusing though as I forget it’s not just about one person a la Mx McMonroe so wonder why Dani Minogue and Antonio Banderas are having an affair!
SAME! Sometimes I get annoyed at JM for being so active and I miss out on gossip on dirty old Tom Jones (most recently). I'm also sad that the Brian Harvey thread is so quiet and forgotten - always up from some East17 drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The celeb gossip thread is always worth a dive. I never could have imagined how offensive people would find Jack Whitehall’s penis 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

My partner is massively into his horticulture and is gettint to teach a city urchin like me about it all now I live with him! It's a plant that is from the carrot family and has a really floral scent and you can use it to make cordial, jelly and fizz! I feel like the closest flavour is elderflower but tbh it's quite different! It's a white plant thay has one red flower in the centre and that's supposed to be Queen Anne's blood (speculation) when she pricked her finger sewing lace or something. Sorry for the botany lecture 🤣View attachment 194184

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Lol it’s fiiiiiiiiine

• Haha
Reactions: 13

New thread !
@admin please close this thread, thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.