Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spoonfulofjam

This is such a pleasant thread. Reminds me of the heydays of Judy Blume novels and horsespunk and what to do with courgettes...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Pocahontas

VIP Member
One more thing, as my dear friend Columbo would say. On the food front, can you lovely Fraus share with me your killer breakfasts that keep you full until lunch. I'm particularly interested in healthy (ish) and definitely vegetarian (100% not 90% nor am I vegan). I'm in a huge rut and am eating a slice of farmhouse bread with butter and jam every day. This needs to change pronto. Thank you and chefs kiss 😘
I alternate between toast with jam and peanut butter and a bowl of granola with yoghurt/fruit - the latter definitely fills me up right up til lunchtime 👍

Whatever you do, don’t do this:
1E6DC0D9-1D9E-4CD8-B836-011ECB9BE8F3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
What are we all having fur lunch today? I’m just enjoying a pastrami and horseradish sandwich. The horseradish is so hot my nose feels like it’s going to fall off. Delicious :giggle:
I had a tuna sweetcorn & salad sandwich, was lovely! Went to the bakery after hospital & there were no yum yums, so had to compromise with a hugely disappointing iced finger.

Also after a shitty 2ish weeks found out I'm allowed to go to full term now so really happy! Would love a nap but our wooden floor man is here and using a circular saw, the cat is terrified underneath the duvet bless her :(

• Heart
Reactions: 27

HarderFaster

VIP Member
It's probably a difficult and unfair ask, but try to see it from our pov. We don't moderate for fun, it's only ever for the good of the community.

I know lots do like the offtopic chat, but others find it hard to keep up with and only care about the more on topic stuff. While there's a thread specifically for the offtopic stuff on that thread it is good to make use of it.

For the concerns about a member, it was all going offtopic and to a witch hunt. There's quite a bit more to it that memebers aren't aware of, so best to just report and let us deal with it. And we have. :)
Sorry, I really wasn't trying to be a cock to the mods, I know it's a thankless task and I feel that in general the system works really well.

But the JM thread is still absolutely full of people saying they don't understand/ have no idea what's going on, and I guess what I want is for us to be able to openly call out someone who has been proved to be harassing the thread subject through different channels. But I get the delicacy required and I don't want to be an arsehole about it.

On that note... I am an INFP (surprise su-fucking-prise). Lovely to see so many fellow INFers over here. My boyfriend is ENFP so it's great that we share a worldview but at parties he can take the reins and soak up the human contact while I measure my interactions knowing that it'll take two days for me to recover from talking to other humans.

• Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Morning fraus - first time posting where the cool kids hang out! I *think* I get whats going on with the drams and agree any nasty trolls need to GTFO.

Last night I had takeaway too! I'm back in London for the first time since lockdown and I ordered kotthu parotta from my fave sri lankan place and it was deeeeelish. Having leftovers for lunch today. Breakfast was a fried egg on potato waffle.

• Heart

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
Sorry Fraus for causing a mischief when I posted Saturn’s Twitter posts!! I then went out for my first meal out since lockdown and find it was deleted! I shall keep the receipts on it.

I will say I agree about not overlap onto SM from here, as it then becomes trolling IMO. I know there are a couple of people who say they were already on Twitter and then came here, but to me there is an uneasy under current to their views here and on Twitter. Just my opinion m’lud!

just had a bacon sandwich on brown bread with HP sauce.... win!!!!

• Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Being nosy now ... is this the trip that might include your Before Sunset-style reunion? ❤ Just living vicariously through your young, free life 😂😂😂
You would be correct! Everything is in place for my Celine cosplay - Jesse has been informed (and sounds miffed I am only staying for 24 hours but dahling, I have mystique to maintain 💅), I have a bottle of whisky in my bag for romantic lubrication, and a selection of masks for park shenanigans!

• Heart
  • Haha

AlphaBeta

You would be correct! Everything is in place for my Celine cosplay - Jesse has been informed (and sounds miffed I am only staying for 24 hours but dahling, I have mystique to maintain 💅), I have a bottle of whisky in my bag for romantic lubrication, and a selection of masks for park shenanigans!
Just be careful - my husband was only meant to be in Paris for 24 hours but then he met me. Still stuck with me years later 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Oh I didn't make banana bread, watch Tiger King or shave my head. I'm useless. Am I even in lockdown?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

GothPrincess

Hello, I have not grunka’d but is it ok for me to join in with this general chitchat here? Thanks fraus.

• Heart

Emlo

Had homemade scones and sandwiches with (GIFTED) Fortnum & Mason tea so feeling like a real fancy bitch over here.

• Heart
  • Haha

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Sadly all I've seen so far are lots of petit Citroëns. Jack wouldn't enjoy it here at all.

Thank you for this! Definitely going to pere lachaise and I'll think about the pompidou. Not hugely keen on going inside places rn 😂 I've been to Paris several times so I'm mainly here to chill (not necessarily in my boutique hotel) and eat (definitely not self made slop).
No le bonking in le cemetery

• Haha
  • Wow

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'm finding this thread quite inspiring. I used to love cooking and was forever experimenting with new dishes, back when I lived with my ex. We broke up years ago, and I find cooking for one never really has the same appeal...so much of the joy of cooking is in sharing your food with others. Ironically it was wasted on my ex, who was a tastebud-free zone who, left to his own devices, would put pasta in a pan of cold water and bring it to the boil... 😱

I've always had an uncomfortable relationship with food (long history of bulimia), but I know I'm happier when I'm cooking regularly and properly. I really feel that this thread is inspiring me to get into the single-fridged kitchen of my (rented) flat.

• Heart

Babysnark

Yep that’s the problem, isn’t it? Oooh they’re nasty trolls. No, we are actually intelligent people who can see discrepancies and untruths and it annoys us. No idea what is going on over there, but I certainly do not want to be lumped in with the right wing haters who seem to thrive on despising JM
Again, babe, same. I am very left wing and I dont hate JM for any reason other than she scams people/initiates pile ons and commits animal cruelty ☹

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member

Me checking into the JM thread seeing that there is still "not all landlord" bullshit vibes
and checking straight back out... Nah...

Agree with everything that's been said in this thread... I have spent my evening making jelly out of queen Anne's lace wild carrot growing in the garden and raspberries. I moved in with my fella about 4 weeks ago and I still can't quite believe I have a garden now (at the risk of sounding like JM)...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I worked with a goooorgeous girl (funnily the love island recruiters were in her DMs, as well as retired footballers who were old enough to be her dad) But she once wore a pair of leather trousers to work and was suffering by the time she got through the door, but best of all... was surprised that it was so bad?! Surely you’d KNOW it’s gonna be a damp smelly day?
I guess the influencers don’t talk about having a sweaty fanny just how super cute leather jeans look

OMG, that tip is amazing. Running out of coconut milk gives me anxiety (yes, I have no real problems, judge me, ok?). And Aldi seems to be permanently out at the moment.
I also hear if you put pistachios in one of your three fridges and forget about them the milk is superb

• Haha

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I'm properly pissing myself at the image of obsessive Hinchers falling down stairs. I'm going to hell.

On the topic of thread titles, I know I've expressed my chagrin already on the JM thread but I was so pissed that the UNDEMOCRATICALLY CHOSEN title was a) annoyingly similar to thread #13 and b) the suggestion of someone who is mates with a fash and done a flounce now.

Like, obv, I have a life and job and relationship so this hasn't weighed heavily on my mind but if I'm bitching about fairweather gossipers then I may as well get it out.

ETA lol @Alansbigplate sorry for becoming everything you despise. That actually WILL weigh heavily on me.

• Haha
  • Heart