Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I was in the West End on Friday (much needed haircut) and was surprised how busy it was. I’d say about 50% of people wearing masks. I sat in a small park for a bit as I was early and people there were socially distancing. Not so much on the pavements or apparently the shops (though I didn’t go in any shops, just the hair salon). The tube was practically deserted (about 3 people in my carriage, all wearing masks). Lots of queues outside shops e.g. the big Apple store. There were even a few tourists.

Burford Brown eggs have a deep yellow yolk and they are delicious IMO. I think they include marigolds and other things in the chickens’ feed which gives the eggs their colour.
If you can find Cacklebean eggs, give them a try. There are two independent food shops near me that sell them. I bought some before lockdown and then had some others delivered to me from one of the shops.

Reactions: 1

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I haven't seen those before. Where can you find them? Are they suitable for vegans?
They are usually in the frozen kosher section in some supermarkets. Sainsbury’s normally have them. They are veggie but not vegan.
I haven’t actually tried them myself but cook them for a someone at work and she LOVES them.

MellowD

Thanks to the people that explained the situation. I have no idea about the posts that were deemed problematic on here. However the person that is being accused of this over on Twitter, I have followed for a couple of years, originally because she was the only person I had ever come across at that time who saw through Jack. Just because some of you have taken a bit longer, it is a bit rich to accuse this person of bullying Jack for years. As I said I didn't see the allegedly racist comments on here, however I have never seen them be racist on Twitter otherwise I would not be following them there.
However calling them out as a bully because they have always seen through Jack, when you come from somewhere with over 50 threads calling her a cunt is laughable.

I thought the answers would all be here but I'm even more confused! If anyone can be arsed (I don't blame you if not) and if I'm dm-able (I have no idea I've never had one!) Can somebody let me know what's going on please?

And happy birthday @Ellabella!! 🎂🎈

No takeaway for me tonight unfortunately. Mac & cheese though which is a pretty good alternative (and we're watching the drag race all stars final AND drag race Canada tonight so winning all round)
If you find out, please can you let me know? 🙏🏻

Mustard

VIP Member
I have a question about Waitrose delivery charges. From what I understand, they still have £60 minimum, for free delivery, which is why I don’t use them a lot. But I have been seeing a banner at the bottom of my screen saying £40 minimum spend. Anyone else seen this?
F7A4BC47-A32E-47D8-AAA8-B6B225A500AA.jpeg

Mustard

VIP Member
Thanks for the catch-ups and the recommendation for Melizcooks, gorgeous looking stuff. I’ve had a really shit real-life week and am happy to have finally Grunka’d my way through JM and this one. Still got a couple of others to go (Sali Hughes I’m Botox-squinting at you 🤨) and I’ll feel fully on top of things again 🤣

Anyway on the main thread I promised a black bean chilli recipe from the original 😉 Cook on a Shoestring book by Sophie Wright (@Mustard & @IGisntreal I think you were interested). Hope it's legible, I’ll type up if not. Excuse stains all over it, I make this a lot! It’s really good (I use smoked paprika which gives it even more depth)

View attachment 193008
Looks great! What kind of chillis do you use?

MellowD

It’s clearly stated in the rules that it stays on tattle - so, no - anyone who posts on here shouldn’t be on direct contact with JM on her twitter, her Instagram, her Facebook with anything that is even as mild as a critical comment - anything that could be skewed as trolling - as this would take away from what this site is largely about: critical commentary that can take place without being blocked or set upon by the hounds / sycophants.
It appears that the poster we’re talking about has been directly contacting JM for years, perhaps under different guises as well as the main one - and for the latter part keeping up a persona here. On thread 28 it’s made clear that some of the twitter profiles they are linked to are real cesspits of quite far-right mein kampf and BNP-sympathetic stuff among other stuff, so not something the majority of us here are altogether comfortable with posting
It’s clearly stated in the rules that it stays on tattle - so, no - anyone who posts on here shouldn’t be on direct contact with JM on her twitter, her Instagram, her Facebook with anything that is even as mild as a critical comment - anything that could be skewed as trolling - as this would take away from what this site is largely about: critical commentary that can take place without being blocked or set upon by the hounds / sycophants.
It appears that the poster we’re talking about has been directly contacting JM for years, perhaps under different guises as well as the main one - and for the latter part keeping up a persona here. On thread 28 it’s made clear that some of the twitter profiles they are linked to are real cesspits of quite far-right mein kampf and BNP-sympathetic stuff among other stuff, so not something the majority of us here are altogether comfortable with posting alongside.
Hi again. Thanks for responding. I have followed the accused account on Twitter since the Kickstarter fiasco. I have no idea if and who they were on here. All I see them tweet is stuff about cooking and their garden in France
I would not have a clue about any of this if Saturn had not posted an old convo about Jack I had had with this person, then accuse us of trolling Jack. If there was an issue they could have DM'd me here or there, and they have not responded to mine.
They have brought stuff from here to my Twitter account by posting my old tweets and making accusations.

Has anyone ever bought a frame from Desenio? I'm reluctant to because they do a LOT with influencers but it appears very few places do 70 x 100cm frames?!