Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

I’m wondering if this will get me in trouble but I’m feeling a bit feisty so I’m going to post it anyway. It’s horrible when you don’t know what everyone else is talking about.

A while back, a user made some problematic comments about race. Nothing horrendous but enough to set alarm bells ringing. A discussion then ensued on the thread about why their viewpoint was at best ignorant and ill informed and at worst racist.

The user flounced off. Then came back later that evening and claimed they weren’t racist as their husband was a POC. Then they made some strange posts and left. The general consensus was that someone else had made the later posts on their behalf.

A few days later, they reappeared and didn’t reference the incident at all. It was odd.

Move forward to a couple of weeks down the line, some other posters noticed one of JM’s online twitter trolls had similarities to the poster in question. Think same B&W profile pic. This troll was a far right menace from what I can make out.

Saturn unmasked the person in suitably dramatic fashion and they disappeared again.

ONLY TO RETURN around the time the kitten died.

I assume they’ve done something else today but I don’t know what as I’ve had them muted since they came back. I hope I’ve represented all of this correctly but I might have missed bits.

I don’t know what miserable bastard complained about birthday wishes 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

HarderFaster

VIP Member
do people really complain about that stuff? 🥱
Way to suck the fun out of a thread, huh?

Members wishing each other well and offering support: unacceptable, we have deleted your post

Literal fash member who has been harassing subject of thread for years: please, continue talking about ham. Enjoy our forum.

Interested to see lots of new members liking posts, I'd love a poll on what brought everyone here.

Is it answer A: Jack's incessant grifting
B: exploiting a dead kitten or
C: Jack's incessant grifting?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Fraus, I've resurrected my account purely to say the following:
1. What boring fart insists on complaining about gifs, birthday wishes and off topic snippets? I LOVE them. Happy Birthday Ella!
2. I regularly read - in a grunka manner - the JM thread and my opinion remains the same (I find her very unlikeable but a fascinating study).
3. The dedication from so many of you to collect receipts is excellent, holding people to account is exactly what Quincy stands for - keep it up!
4. The support for each other is so lovely to see, when someone infiltrates and brings bad vibes and behaviour to the cabal it makes me very grumpy.
5. I very rarely post because I am BUSY (with just the two email accounts with no unread emails and 0 social media) but am here in spirit.
Must now go back to my medical examiners office but I think you're all great!
Ps. Not published on the other thread due to point 1 and if I knew how to post a gif I would put a bloody big one in right here 👇

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
Don’t all get too jealous now, this was our bathroom when we moved in, pay close attention to the brown shag pile carpet (stinking of wee), and the bath with cigarette burns from the previous owner having a cigarette in the bath 🤣
6AEF8844-5ED1-4A23-8EF1-E4C3F6DC3948.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Thanks to the people that explained the situation with Saturn. I have no idea about the posts that were deemed problematic on here. However the person that is being accused of this over on Twitter, I have followed for a couple of years, originally because she was the only person I had ever come across at that time who saw through Jack. Just because some of you have taken a bit longer, it is a bit rich to accuse this person of bullying Jack for years. As I said I didn't see the allegedly racist comments on here, however I have never seen them be racist on Twitter otherwise I would not be following them there.
However calling them out as a bully because they have always seen through Jack, when you come from somewhere with over 50 threads calling her a cunt is laughable.
It’s clearly stated in the rules that it stays on tattle - so, no - anyone who posts on here shouldn’t be on direct contact with JM on her twitter, her Instagram, her Facebook with anything that is even as mild as a critical comment - anything that could be skewed as trolling - as this would take away from what this site is largely about: critical commentary that can take place without being blocked or set upon by the hounds / sycophants.
It appears that the poster we’re talking about has been directly contacting JM for years, perhaps under different guises as well as the main one - and for the latter part keeping up a persona here. On thread 28 it’s made clear that some of the twitter profiles they are linked to are real cesspits of quite far-right mein kampf and BNP-sympathetic stuff among other stuff, so not something the majority of us here are altogether comfortable with posting alongside.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Ellabella

VIP Member
Thanks everyone!!

(Which miserable bastard is creeping all over our thread complaining about birthday wishes?).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I made a lovely pasta with roasted veg.

Got invited via Mrs Tunnel’s WhatsApp to a coffee outing with ex-colleagues. I hate that sort of thing and I hate that I am not the person I was when I left the school

Pasta has been relegated to the fridge and I have eaten a large share bag of giant chocolate buttons. And some brioche. And some cookies.

I don’t really know what else to say. 🥺. Sorry to put a downer on the mood.

if I was having a takeaway it wood be cheesy chips or cheese naan, but you have caught me at a bad time.
😔 Sorry you're having a bad night. I don't want to be out of line here, or to come across as preachy but I have been having a bit of a revelation lately in realising that it's ok to say no, thank you. You don't even have to give an excuse! If something is causing you to feel anxious and shit, is it worth it? I hope I'm not overstepping here because I genuinely mean well. Be kind to yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

JoyceDivision

Chatty Member
I’m wondering if this will get me in trouble but I’m feeling a bit feisty so I’m going to post it anyway. It’s horrible when you don’t know what everyone else is talking about.

A while back, a user made some problematic comments about race. Nothing horrendous but enough to set alarm bells ringing. A discussion then ensued on the thread about why their viewpoint was at best ignorant and ill informed and at worst racist.

The user flounced off. Then came back later that evening and claimed they weren’t racist as their husband was a POC. Then they made some strange posts and left. The general consensus was that someone else had made the later posts on their behalf.

A few days later, they reappeared and didn’t reference the incident at all. It was odd.

Move forward to a couple of weeks down the line, some other posters noticed one of JM’s online twitter trolls had similarities to the poster in question. Think same B&W profile pic. This troll was a far right menace from what I can make out.

Saturn unmasked the person in suitably dramatic fashion and they disappeared again.

ONLY TO RETURN around the time the kitten died.

I assume they’ve done something else today but I don’t know what as I’ve had them muted since they came back. I hope I’ve represented all of this correctly but I might have missed bits.

I don’t know what miserable bastard complained about birthday wishes 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thanks very Matt much 😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

Morning Frauen!

I have these Victorian Minton tiles in my house that were hidden under carpet. It was a lovely surprise to find. They need restoring as they’ve lost all their shine. It’s a shame that just this one little section remained as it looks like the whole hallway used to be tiled.

Finding stuff like this in old houses makes it worth having wonky walls where nothing ever lines up.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Britney Spiers Morgan

Thanks to the people that explained the situation with Saturn. I have no idea about the posts that were deemed problematic on here. However the person that is being accused of this over on Twitter, I have followed for a couple of years, originally because she was the only person I had ever come across at that time who saw through Jack. Just because some of you have taken a bit longer, it is a bit rich to accuse this person of bullying Jack for years. As I said I didn't see the allegedly racist comments on here, however I have never seen them be racist on Twitter otherwise I would not be following them there.
However calling them out as a bully because they have always seen through Jack, when you come from somewhere with over 50 threads calling her a cunt is laughable.
I don’t know what you’ve been reading but it’s clearly something very different from me. I don’t post much on Jack’s threads - or any others - because I’m almost always playing catch up but I’m an avid reader and I’ve seen very little of the vitriol you speak of.

Yes, people do call Jack out on here but it’s more for the inconsistencies in what she says/does. And yes, some people express a dislike for her but that’s because of the problematic behaviour she exhibits so openly and publicly.

That said, there’s something very different about posting something on a forum like Tattle in comparison with directly harassing someone. It’s the difference between talking ABOUT someone and TO them. Yes, it might be bitchy and catty and whatever else but it’s not bullying. No-one spoken about on any threads here needs to read them but it’s part and parcel of being in the public eye and it’s on them if they choose to come looking.

Taking it off Tattle is something completely different, particularly if you also deny that you have and appear to have waged some kind of campaign for years which goes way beyond simply calling someone out.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I think our next triangulation (I'm looking at you, @heretoreaditall2019 - baby due or not you are the chief investigator of wankers and Tattle counterpart of Saturn. Feel free to advertise a maternity cover position tho...) should be finding out who on the thread is complaining about people a) being fucking NICE to each other and b) using (frankly hilarious) GIFs to enhance their points.

I don't see how mods can discourage these things but not try to stop people from joining at thread 40-odd, not bothering to read the previous threads or even the summaries, and asking frankly idiotic questions.

In the meantime I'm glad this thread exists so we can continue talking (nice) shite. My soup was the bomb, btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm sensing quite a few posters whose dislike of Jack stems from right wing sensibilities rather than the general leftie discomfort and foodie outrage which seemed to be the majority view on the early threads. Shame.
Yep yep yep this is exactly how I feel, too. I don’t mean to start shit and sorry if I’ve made anyone uncomfortable, tbh I never think about the potential repercussions of sharing my opinions because I see the forum as a place for discussion? Not I’m right / you’re wrong - funnily that’s how I feel twitter actually is as it’s SO personality led with lil think piece threads from the same old journos? I felt we were all open to discussing anything from money / politics / class / gender (although lord help me cos I don’t fully understand that stuff) and wouldn’t ever be rude to anyone who disagreed or flounce 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s weird to have been described as hateful for daring to think a landlord may be a Tory - is that really that radical a view? And to have people be intentionally obtuse, like no of course I don’t think you’re scum for being tragically widowed, surely you don’t need that clarifying...

I think the threads are a victim of their own success / SEO ranking. It’s so fab as the visibility they clearly have means it’s grown the coven massively, but like with anything as it scales you get a dilution at best, actual scary shit at worse. It’s about then deciding if you feel comfortable being there amongst some odd bits. Weird init and sorry to be a chatty patty about this x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

HarderFaster

VIP Member
My boyfriend is fiiiiiiiiinally moving in with my next week (HUZZAH) so we're at his and I'm trying to use up all the chicken stock leftover from roast dinners in his freezer, so I'm making this delight tonight: https://smittenkitchen.com/2006/09/silky-cauliflower-soup/

I'm so excited that you're finally in Paris @crystaleyesd - would recommend Babka Zana in the 9th for the most insane pistachio babka you've ever laid lips around. Please give us all the filthy goss re: your liaison as soon as poss (with human, not bread, although give us the deets on all your gastronomic experiences too).

I don't want to bitch about the mother thread, and I'm obviously still on there, but it's a lot of the same questions now (despite the amazing recaps). And just stupid speculation (who cares about her siblings or what her dad might have said in a newsletter?).

I want to laugh at Celery. Edinburgh.

She gives us enough without going into her family, partner and son. (apart from right now. Quite relieved she's taking a break).
Thissssssss. I wish more people would take this rare time in which she's quiet and not doing a chaos to actually go back and read the old threads, stop repeating everything ad nauseum and asking questions which have been addressed on multiple occasions. Also, outside of people who have been discussed already, I'm sensing quite a few posters whose dislike of Jack stems from right wing sensibilities rather than the general leftie discomfort and foodie outrage which seemed to be the majority view on the early threads. Shame. As my fella said the other night with a knowing look on his face after we'd guzzled two bottles of wine: "with proliferation comes mediocrity".

Thanks for sharing the link for the personality test, I have finally done mine and it came out as ISTJ. Reading the summary I agree with the first half but not so much the second. Skimming the other Introvert ones though it is the closest to me. Interesting!
This sounds DELICIOUS

Lol sorry I meant to quote @Miss Anne Thrope here about her fish, but your personality also sounds delicious @Toffee finger

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Today we had leftover homemade chickpea masala and cabbage thoran from Saturday, so we had that with turmeric rice, grilled lamb chops, and homemade raita and carrot pickles. My fave kind of food.

Also feeling FANTASTIC because I finally had my hair done today, flicking my bouncy waves all over the place but kind of let down by my mumsy rain jacket

Attachments

• Heart