Food & Drink #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mmmmmmore food and drink discussion (plus babies / cats / weird crushes, etc.)

I for one am waiting with baited breath for @Flumps ‘s green pepper enlightenment! ❤🍏🌶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I bloody love it when you create new threads @Pocahontas - Pocahontas is one of my all time favourite films and seeing your picture next to my favourite threads always gives me a little joy!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I bloody love it when you create new threads @Pocahontas - Pocahontas is one of my all time favourite films and seeing your picture next to my favourite threads always gives me a little joy!
Ahhhh, very happy to give you a little joy!

Equally, your new name is providing me with much merriment, artist formerly known as LF19!! 😂 Why didn’t they just name you Highland Cow like you wanted? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ahhhh, very happy to give you a little joy!

Equally, your new name is providing me with much merriment, artist formerly known as LF19!! 😂 Why didn’t they just name you Highland Cow like you wanted? 😂
No idea but not gonna lie, I do quite like Jay-cloth Cow!! I have changed my picture so my intention is still known :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I didn't specify what I wanted in my first post so got changed to Jay Cloth, I replied that as much as it tickled me I wanted Highland Cow - so ended up Jay-cloth Cow 🤣
I love cows. My dream is to have rescue cows, sheep, goats and chickens.

And rehome ALLLLLL the cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I love cows. My dream is to have rescue cows, sheep, goats and chickens.

And rehome ALLLLLL the cats.
I adore cows!!

My colleague's wife rescues battery farm hens - she gets the baldest, oldest, ugliest ones she can to give them a nice retirement. If I had a house with a garden I'd want to do something similar, it must be so rewarding!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Here I am. You can breathe again @Pocahontas

Slug of veg oil
2 green peppers
1/2 tsp or so of cumin seeds
1/2 tsp or so of black mustard seeds (I don't always have them so often leave out)
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1/2 tsp of tumeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white sugar
2-3 tbsps gram flour

Halve two green peppers and dump the seeds. Slice fairly finely (if you are me and do not like any raw green pepper taste, go thicker if you do like it).

Heat veg oil and add cumin and mustard seeds, until they fizz and pop a bit. Add green pepper and stir fry for about 4/5 minutes until done to your liking.

Add chilli, tumeric, salt and sugar and give everything a stir to coat the peppers with the spices and let cook out for about 30 seconds or so.

Add gram flour, a tbsp at a time. I tend to turn the heat down here, you want it to colour and lose its rawness, but not burn. Keep stirring. You will get little crunchy lumps of flour mixed in with the pepper. Don't expect it to coat the peppers as such.

That's it. Can sprinkle with coriander leaves if you are in the coriander loving team, leave them out if you are not.

I like them just with yoghurt and pickle, but they make a good curry or dal side dish too. Also nice stuffed (again with yoghurt) into a pitta bread for something more substantial.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Flumps can we all come over for lunch / dinner please it'd be so much fun and probably the poshest food of my life?!

@Pocahontas thank you for being our thread creating saviour!

I found out I can have tuna today so I had a tuna + salad sandwich from the bakery on the way back from hospital (YET AGAIN, I'm going to go insane honestly). We have some nice strawberries in but I'm too lazy to cut them up right now!

Also was horrified at how few people are wearing face masks out? I tutted a bloke for coming really close to me w/o a mask, what the duck is that about? Is that normal out there now? I literally never see people cos usually I'm out the house really early in a hospital or we'll go for 8.30pm+ walks so I've no idea! x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Flumps can we all come over for lunch / dinner please it'd be so much fun and probably the poshest food of my life?!

@Pocahontas thank you for being our thread creating saviour!

I found out I can have tuna today so I had a tuna + salad sandwich from the bakery on the way back from hospital (YET AGAIN, I'm going to go insane honestly). We have some nice strawberries in but I'm too lazy to cut them up right now!

Also was horrified at how few people are wearing face masks out? I tutted a bloke for coming really close to me w/o a mask, what the duck is that about? Is that normal out there now? I literally never see people cos usually I'm out the house really early in a hospital or we'll go for 8.30pm+ walks so I've no idea! x
Re your strawberries, have you ever tried roasting them? You don’t even need to cut them up. Add some balsamic vinegar to the pan. Good served with yogurt, cream or ice cream.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m here finally from the Jack threads....I’m no longer reading them but thank you to whoever suggested joining you all here.

Food is a love of mine and I have the weight to prove it. 😁

Cant wait to grunka my way through the threads so far for some recipe ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't know I can promise the poshest food, but I would happily have you all round for a raucous gathering of the coven.
Us all running to Chez Flumps, stat.
Ooh, thanks for posting the green peppers recipe! Am soooo gonna do that. I don’t have gram flour, so need to purchase.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I‘m doing homemade kebabs tonight. I use 10% fat lamb mince, two cloves of garlic, an onion, a veg stick cube and garam masala....couple of heaped teaspoons.

chooe onion, garlic finely, add to lamb mince with veg stock cube and garam masala.

I usually blitz it all in a food processor to get it well mixed .

Pop it in a loaf tin and cook, then once it is cooked you can slice it and serve with pitta breads, salad, mint yoghurt and anything else you fancy. Tastes similar enough to the real thing with much reduced fat. Very popular here.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I‘m doing homemade kebabs tonight. I use 10% fat lamb mince, two cloves of garlic, an onion, a veg stick cube and garam masala....couple of heaped teaspoons.

chooe onion, garlic finely, add to lamb mince with veg stock cube and garam masala.

I usually blitz it all in a food processor to get it well mixed .

Pop it in a loaf tin and cook, then once it is cooked you can slice it and serve with pitta breads, salad, mint yoghurt and anything else you fancy. Tastes similar enough to the real thing with much reduced fat. Very popular here.
Weird! I was looking up homemade doner kebab recipes yesterday. What I need to be sure of is creating a proper kebab shop chilli sauce too.

Reactions: 4
i cannot be bothered cooking, but ive done a meatballs & orzo. One pot wonder saves the day.

I also finally got a sideboard 🙌 its quite sad but its now my favourite little corner 🥰 in an alcove, flowers in my favourite vase & pictures of the kids. I smile everytime I walk by 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lamb kebabs here too, obviously something in the air! Mr F does them with rice mixed with peppers and onion and a mint raita.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.