Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Without wishing to be triangulated I grew up on a rough council estate with a sister who decided to be vegetarian and then vegan in the 1980s. Looking back my mum had to be really inventive but we always had an alternative non-meat meal option in the house. I grew up thinking this was totally normal, while I remember other kids coming to our house thinking we were an odd family! Going to restaurants wasn't a 'thing' then but when we got older and started eating out in (probably the early 2000s) it was so hard. I remember going out for a family birthday to a nice restaurant and the waiter calling my sister a rabbit as the only thing on the menu she could eat was a salad!
In the past few years there have been some amazing vegetarian and vegan restaurants opening and its been great to go out as a family and not think twice about accommodating everyone. I've not thought about this for a while but this thread reminded me today of how far we have come in how people can talk about food and diet without being judged or have to explain themselves and its a huge leap.

Is it safe to go to the MT?
Mackie s quiet today, apparently she’s tidying 🙄 translation hiding

Reactions: 11

EddieBeds

VIP Member
No you are not! These things are important and as you say he got some time to himself yesterday. Those extra few hours are precious. Any chance of him taking them to the park later for you to have a nap? I am sure my ex used to deliberately misunderstand me at times and it would drive me crazy.
Thank you ❤. I don’t think it helped when I (metaphorically) was banging my head against the wall re-explaining that he then went ‘I’m just clarifying’...um no you didn’t listen in the first place so I’m not clarifying anything but repeating it all! For me it’s the simple thing of if I can bank some sleep I know I’ll then be happier for them all instead of trying to walk through treacle - don’t get me wrong those days will still happen but if I can I’ll bank some sleep to help make them less frequent.

Oh I hadn’t even thought of something like packing them off to the park - if the weather holds out will suggest that aka push him out the door with the buggy and toddler and swiftly lock the door behind! Have handed baby back over and said I’m off for a shower - wondering how long I can stretch it out for?!

For the other Frauen who were discussing toiletries - I am living through you all. I have sensitive skin so use really bland/non fragranced products in the shower (epiderm for the win) but love the smell of some shower gels, especially orange scents. I also got post partum hives which was fun - I swear the amount of E45 I was using to calm my skin I was then flammable with all the paraffin in it! Thankfully it’s gone now but really made me appreciate how others with year round/life long skin conditions cope.

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
I have a huge pot of beef stew on for dinner 😋

My skin & hair recently have started becoming greasy. I dont know why?! I had terrible skin up until having the kids (late 20s), but its been fine since. The last 2 weeks its now oily and my hair is getting greasy again quickly. Normally gets greasy after like 2/3 days usually but now its almost straight away??
This may sound counterproductive but when my skin was going through a massive oily stage, I read that using an oil cleanser helps. Your oily skin is producing excess sebum which won’t be budged by water-based cleanser. So for science reasons I don’t understand, using an oil cleanser seems to balance your skin out and stops you producing more oil than it needs. I started doing an oil cleanse once a week and my excess greasiness stopped.

Can’t help with the hair because mine is bleached to hell.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
did they do the impacted one in local or general anasthetic (sorry to everyone who hates the teeth stories) my top ones both are and i am terrified.
About the Very thing, that is crazy, how are things like this not illegal?!
Both of mine were impacted, done under GA.

My top wisdoms are through and just.. keep growing. They wont do anything with them til theyre a problem. So like.. i have weird fangs at the back of my mouth, and im waiting for them to reach the gum on the bottom so i can have them out 🥴🤮

• Wow
  • Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
I’m so sorry guys I know this is literally insane of me but I can’t believe it, I just need to share my truth 😭 I think the only solution is next time he goes to the dentist to ask them for advice and I know he’ll resist but what if it just gets worse with age! I’ve said do we need to get arm & hammer toothpaste that tastes like salt (why is this!) as I think the mint may agitate his throat hence the constant dry heaving, I’m not even adverse to trying him back on kids toothpaste as surely he wasn’t doing this as a child?!

Also it doesn’t help that I’m livid we had our security system serviced and they’ve charged us £50 for £14 worth of batteries (checked Amazon), next year I’m buying them in advance and asking them to fit them cos I hate stuff like that - I’d sooner they doubled the Labour cost of the service than pull a Jack Monroe on us. The guy was also clearly stoned which is fine if you’re just doing your spreadsheets but he was going up to near roof height on a ladder?! I suppose he knows his limits who am I to judge.

Rants over sorry guys just 😫😫😫😫 please let the vaccine be found soon
Does he smoke or have post nasal drip? Could also ask advice from ENT forum or doctor to see how common this is? If he uses a manual toothbrush then try an electric one?

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
I excelled myself today - made a vegetable soup with pre-shopping trip left over veg and a crumble using a bag of frozen mixed berries and custard (proper custard courtesy of Birds powder).
As I haven’t eaten much for a while (depression), I now feel stuffed. Kids in the same state!
Sounds like the perfect winter grub, can't beat that "warmed through" feeling 💕

Have just enjoyed a nice warming (can of) chicken noodle soup before i head back to the joys of work 😄

ETA Warming not worming im not JM

• Haha

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I have a huge pot of beef stew on for dinner 😋

My skin & hair recently have started becoming greasy. I dont know why?! I had terrible skin up until having the kids (late 20s), but its been fine since. The last 2 weeks its now oily and my hair is getting greasy again quickly. Normally gets greasy after like 2/3 days usually but now its almost straight away??

• Sad

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I love you @Alansbigplate.....in a way.

(that’s a Partridge joke btw, should it go in the Partridge thread?! My head is fucked. I posted massive Jack and Cooper in there and then opened the MT to that. Thankfully my lady love @Pocahontas had warned me but I never fail to be surprised by people and the way they speak to and about people.

Ah well. On topic, having some new potatoes for tea. Love me a herby potato.
Get loads of butter on them ❤

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I don’t have my wisdom teeth through and have been veggie for 20 yrs. Anthropologists and doctors say we will stop forming them soon as we don’t need them. It’s fascinating.

• Heart
  • Wow

Sentient mirror

Jagshemash/ Jak się masz?

Yes, Mr A and I watched it last night and it was hilarious! I honestly don’t know how they find people who don’t know who Borat is. And fair play to Sacha Baron Cohen and Maria Bakalova for being able to keep in character, especially around the weird and wonderful people they seem to encounter (like those two guys in the log cabin and when she’s dancing at the ball.) 🤣😱😱🤣
ETA. Also glad to hear that Mr @Flumps is home and recovering. Sending my best wishes to the Flumps’.
Ooooh maybe Mackie was talking to Borat in that twitter midnight tryst?😈

Loved reading your review. Really looking forward to it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
@emm thank you.... it may be that I have to get the train to a random park near a station in a tier 1 area and ask them to meet me. I couldn’t have picked a further place to live from them....

Loving all the brushing teeth chat. There is that condition where you can’t cope with hearing people eat.... I wonder if that is the same?

Sorry to hear about your neighbour @Silver Linings ....nothing else to say other than maybe one of our favourite MT virtual hug gifs that she loves so

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
I just find it really weird that our bodies know to produce extra teeth between the ages of 17 and 21 a full ten years after you start growing your adult teeth.

• Heart

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Tonight we had Beyond Burgers 🍔 they are the nicest ones I’ve had to date

They had a very meaty texture which I appreciate isn’t something that everyone is looking for in a veggie burger

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
He sounds utterly wrung-out the poor man. As much as you can sound anything via text. I'm feeling sick now, but that's too much caffeine, fear, adrenaline and fretting for you.
Aww bless you, it's horrid when you have to just wait but you are probably best off trying your best to sleep so you can be ready to spring into action in the morning. I wish Covid would Foxtrot Oscar so that everyone can see each other again without fear.

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
Do any of you frauen remember when root beer was a drink option at McDonalds? It was a sad day for me when they stopped selling it in the early 90s. I love A&W root beer and have no idea why it’s not a more popular drink in the UK. I sometimes find Carter’s root beer in Asda, or Bundaberg in Tesco which are both nice, but neither of them are a patch on A&W.
I am old enough to remember! I loved it too.