Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grammarofskin

Plus all the free stuff too! All the latest cookbooks sent for free, free meals out, free expensive bread baking-ware, produce, flour, etc.

No real job so you can hop off on holiday about 53 times a year and divide your time between hipster Margate and hipster East London.

She obviously comes from money so the self-entitlement was probably instilled at a young age, but she’s so incredibly privileged/lucky and never ever seems to comprehend this.

Reactions: 3

Gingercream

VIP Member
My favourite food blogs which I use all the time are smitten kitchen, the loopy whisk (great for gluten free/vegan), cloudy kitchen and damn delicious.

smartalec

Was thinking this too! Seems quite desperate.

And surprised there isn’t a vague moan about how terrible her life is within that post like there is every single other one..
Still not sold out. She has not bothered with even vaguely indicating the menu theme.

now she doesn’t manically post every dog walk she’ll be appearing much less in the feed

SharkAttack

VIP Member
Ravneet can be quite annoying but I thought the food she ate in Puglia was 1000 times nicer than the endless octopus sandwiches MDL was posting about. Ravneet’s food made me want to go, whereas Martha’s all made me think urgh no thanks!

bobbinz

Ignoring her paying subscribers worked for Jack Monroe, so maybe MDL is taking her cue there? Agree the complaining about unspecified issues is tiresome.
She really does have a massive whiff of spoilt child / massive privilege…

SharkAttack

VIP Member
Pocketing online subs in return for, er, nothing is just what Jack Monroe does. What is it with these foodies (not sure JM really deserves that term) and their entitled arrogance that lets them take people’s money and give nothing back?
I would never behave like that - the shame!

Ss-ldn

Chatty Member
Totally here for a food bloggers thread and also think Felicity is great. Maybe we could make it wine bloggers too? I love Knackered Mother and Victoria Moore.

Interesting re MDL and her half hints. I wonder what’s up. She must want attention or she’d keep it quiet!
Definitely wants attention but I notice she’s not publicly responded to anyone who’s commented asking if she’s ok.

I’m sure she’s deleted a post from the other day saying she couldn’t go to Felicity’s book launch because life was so shit etc etc - feels like something must really be up for her to miss that. Especially as she seems to be out for dinner every other night.

I’ve met Felicity, she’s lovely. Seems much more normal than MdL.

Milli Taylor is fab! I’m pretty sure she was dating Hasan Semay (aka Big Has, I like his content a lot) a while back. Noticed they don’t follow each other any more so can’t have been an amicable split

SharkAttack

VIP Member
Holy hell, stop trying to make your boyfriend’s crappy app happen, Martha!
I think they move in such obsessively foodie circles they don't realise that 99pc of people, even foodie people, don't really care enough to bother with an app like that.

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
I had to unfollow her a couple of years ago and I can’t remember why, might have to have a look to remind myself 😂
i will prob unfollow her soon, all her meals are so boring and repetitive. constant selfies of her dull frumpy outfits from Toast too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

SharkAttack

VIP Member
Really not sure why I continue to pay for the pleasure of seeing MDL completely ignore the members of her “sourdough school” month after month, then come back (usually after about three holidays in a row) complaining about everything and advertising yet another supperclub.

Looking forward to her not posting any new recipes prior to the supperclub because she’s “too busy” and then immediately after it’s finished she’ll complain about how she’s over-exerted herself, go on another holiday and disappear for another month or two. And so on, and so on.

The recipes aren’t even good, always contain ingredients that are impossible to find (from her friends/bought on holiday) and weirdly always feed about 64 people so you have to scale it down massively.

Argh. Rant over.
Ignoring her paying subscribers worked for Jack Monroe, so maybe MDL is taking her cue there? Agree the complaining about unspecified issues is tiresome.

Ss-ldn

Chatty Member
I wonder if she’s started losing subscribers yet? I’m not a paid subscriber and her lack of /intermittent/not particularly inspiring content would rile me greatly if I was paying for it!

Lac1985

Blah blah again 🙄View attachment 1852264

Also anyone else think EllyPear is on hols with a new boyfriend? She’s not alone and if it was a mate (male or female) or her mum, she’d say. Noticed a few q’s asking about solo travel and she dodged it
I had to unfollow her a couple of years ago and I can’t remember why, might have to have a look to remind myself 😂

• Haha

smartalec

Martha is insincere and the constant gushing superlatives are so cringe. Not sure why anyone send her free stuff - she did a post with three different gifts in (even tho one was from her BESTEST pal) despite posting a dozen times separately per day? She’s so spoilt and ungrateful.

smartalec

She even Regrams her “helper” thanking her for the snacks. Imagine being that desperate/lacking in self worth. Christ.

• Wow

jf99

Chatty Member
But she also used to make about 4 grand from her in person sourdough classes.
This (and the 'sourdough school') just baffles me! You can get a good book on bread baking for less than £20 that will tell you everything you need to know about sourdough starters etc, its really not that complicated!

grammarofskin

Still not sold out. She has not bothered with even vaguely indicating the menu theme.

now she doesn’t manically post every dog walk she’ll be appearing much less in the feed
Yeah isn’t that weird? Normally she just rips off the food of whichever holiday she’s just been on as her theme.

No way in hell I’d spend £75 for a mystery Martha concoction, and I can’t help feeling that it wouldn’t be a very fun night anyway..? what with the way she’s been constantly vague-moaning for what feels like YEARS now.

Ss-ldn

Chatty Member
Down to 684 followers now, not surprising as she’s posted one barely a recipe recipe in the last 2 months.
Guessing her endless woes are health related, given this

A6FE2586-21FD-4BAE-BDFC-D0BD82E93487.jpeg