Food Bloggers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread to discuss any and all food bloggers… Martha, Felicity et al.

Personally, I love Felicity so I suppose it doesn’t have to be moany all the time 😀.

Any tea gratefully received.

Reactions: 7
Can I talk about my love for Miguel Barclay? Actually in the last week I've bought books by Jamie x 3 and a vegan Lucy Watson one too
I'm vegan and I'm not rich which is why the Miguel books have been brilliant for me. I've cooked from scratch every night for the last week.

I'm basically buying books by anyone who is not Jack Monroe

(I have no tea).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Can I talk about my love for Miguel Barclay? Actually in the last week I've bought books by Jamie x 3 and a vegan Lucy Watson one too
I'm vegan and I'm not rich which is why the Miguel books have been brilliant for me. I've cooked from scratch every night for the last week.

I'm basically buying books by anyone who is not Jack Monroe

(I have no tea).
Tbh Lucy Watson drives me crackers. I had her vegan book for a while but I took it into work because I just couldn’t get on with the recipes. At least her vegan book is coming from a place of “veganism”. The others, unless they are actually vegan themselves should be calling their books “plant-based”.

Miguel is just a good egg all round.

Reactions: 3
Totally here for a food bloggers thread and also think Felicity is great. Maybe we could make it wine bloggers too? I love Knackered Mother and Victoria Moore.

Interesting re MDL and her half hints. I wonder what’s up. She must want attention or she’d keep it quiet!

Reactions: 4
Tbh Lucy Watson drives me crackers. I had her vegan book for a while but I took it into work because I just couldn’t get on with the recipes. At least her vegan book is coming from a place of “veganism”. The others, unless they are actually vegan themselves should be calling their books “plant-based”.

Miguel is just a good egg all round.
Miguel says in his books that he isn't vegan so at least he's not coming from a place of being the most vegan of vegan people. His Green book is also brilliant

Unlike some people eh? I've not tried any of Lucy's recipes yet and to be fair I only paid two quid for it

Reactions: 2
Totally here for a food bloggers thread and also think Felicity is great. Maybe we could make it wine bloggers too? I love Knackered Mother and Victoria Moore.

Interesting re MDL and her half hints. I wonder what’s up. She must want attention or she’d keep it quiet!
Felicity’s perfect books were great. I have her croissant book and will get the red sauce/brown sauce one when it comes out in paperback. She reminds me a bit of Anna del Conte.

Don’t drink but happy to nod along with you ❤.

Thanks for setting up the thread! I love Felicity. I think Anna Jones is my all time fave chef - just adore her books and think she is really classy and cool.

On the fence about MDL, she’s a bit of an attention seeker and has all her adoring instagram fans and just all the drama all the time? Sort of the same with Elly Pear (although I love her books too)

i think felicity seems lovely and i adore her food column but the food she cooks at home always looks so unappealing to me! i used to love martha but i have come to realise she’s basically really good at going out for dinner and making bread…some of her food concoctions are absolutely bizarre

i can’t figure ellypear out - but i feel like she basically always makes the same meal so i don’t understand how she has a career as a recipe writer, i find her food pics super uninspiring

i love millitaylor though! she always inspires me to make spanish food

Definitely wants attention but I notice she’s not publicly responded to anyone who’s commented asking if she’s ok.

I’m sure she’s deleted a post from the other day saying she couldn’t go to Felicity’s book launch because life was so tit etc etc - feels like something must really be up for her to miss that. Especially as she seems to be out for dinner every other night.

I’ve met Felicity, she’s lovely. Seems much more normal than MdL.

Milli Taylor is fab! I’m pretty sure she was dating Hasan Semay (aka Big Has, I like his content a lot) a while back. Noticed they don’t follow each other any more so can’t have been an amicable split

Milli Taylor is great, I’ve met her and her mum and they’re both so lovely. She’s so kind and has really helped me out in the past. And that woman can COOK!

Reactions: 6
I love Anna Jones. Totally agree with you on her. I forgot about Elly Pear, I used to follow her, now not so much.

Never heard of Milli Taylor so thanks for a newbie, off for a nose.

Just seen Ella Risbridger is coming up my way so going to try to see her.

(Donna Hay- almost as good as Ina- got a huge award thing in Australia yesterday, her books are out of this world)

Agreed, Milli’s recipes are 👌

I forgot about Elly Pear. She also did a big woe is me shpiel for ages a while back but seems better now.
Assume due to split with boyfriend - I thought they'd bought a place together? She seems to be back in a rented place now.

Re: Elly Pear, I always had a big of second hand embarrassment when she was hanging out with Gizzi and Gizzi’s famous mates - always seemed a bit try hard and the unpopular girl at school being allowed to hang around the cool kids for a bit. Would love to know why she and Gizzi had a falling out - Gizzi posted on IG about her being a bit single white female (well I think everyone assumed it was about Elly) but would love to know the full story.

Does anyone have any opinions on Jonathan Nunn? (Demarionunn on Twitter who created Vittles). I do find him funny and I like the fact he’s not afraid to publicly take shots at people in the food world, but it’s only ever people who don’t mix in his circles so a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. I’ve seen on Twitter a few quite well known people in the food world who openly can’t stand him.

Anyone got any goss on Jonathan Downey? I gather he’s a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work - threatening to have people beaten up etc. I’ve been at a few dinners in the past where him and Gizzi have been dining together. I think they share a few extra curricular activities 👃

Reactions: 4
Love Felicity - just finished one more croissant which was a v enjoyable read. Whenever I need to try out a recipe of something I've never done before I always try her perfect recipes first and they have always worked!!

I used to like MDL but she got a bit much in lockdown living. Excessively braggy about random stuff? I bought my husband a subscription to sourdough online school- tbf the bread tutorials and guidance were good. But the other stuff we tried mainly using up sourdough starter... None of it worked properly and the focaccia was a disaster 😂

I follow lots of cooks and bakers on insta and my pet hate (with any influencer) is undisclosed ads for the free stuff- love the boywhobakes but he has been sneaking them in a bit too often for my liking!

Reactions: 6
Felicity has just posted a vegan carbonara (much better than any attempt made by a certain JM). It isn’t hers- pen and spoon I think.

Shouldn't this thread be titled 'food writers'? I don't think many mentioned on here actually blog?

What newsletters, cookbooks and food writers are people particularly interested in? I'm looking to expand my rather narrow range. I really like Meera Sodha, Rachel Roddy and Tejal Rao. Not keen on Ella Risbridger (she's a bit twee for me) and I like Felicity although her writing is not my cup of tea.

Shouldn't this thread be titled 'food writers'? I don't think many mentioned on here actually blog?

What newsletters, cookbooks and food writers are people particularly interested in? I'm looking to expand my rather narrow range. I really like Meera Sodha, Rachel Roddy and Tejal Rao. Not keen on Ella Risbridger (she's a bit twee for me) and I like Felicity although her writing is not my cup of tea.
Probably. Didn’t know how to put it in this section without it being under “bloggers” though. Also didn’t want it in rave because of MDL.

😑.