Food and Drink #54

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Post eye hospital treat with one of the kids. Nice young man said yes I can have an extra egg/no bean sprouts and then told me “I gave you two extra”, my very own totally explicable egg 🤣
IMG_1535.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My friends yesterday seemed old and colourless and I didn't like the vibe.

I told them I dance around my house and they needed clarification this is to music. And a Bluetooth speaker. And Spotify. It seemed to be foreign.

Weird.

However, I love them.

This will pass. Or will it?

I conclude nothing and know I'm not meeting their friend role ATM either.

I think this polite silence may become fatal, as in marriage.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I got another pair of those DC X rave trainers. They were reduced to 40 quid and the first pair have lasted well and are comfy. 50 and in comfortable shoes. Win .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@mchops and @MurielSnark re the shower: it’s like this but perhaps not this exact version.
I’ve spent the past half hour fannying around trying to work out how to take all of the background out instead of just googling the bloody shower.
And sorry for expecting everyone to be mindreaders 😭😣
It’s heated by a gas combi boiler; just turn the water on and it heats up, and obviously I can control the heat on them (on all the taps in the house and in the bath) but on the shower it’s napalm or nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@mchops and @MurielSnark re the shower: it’s like this but perhaps not this exact version.
I’ve spent the past half hour fannying around trying to work out how to take all of the background out instead of just googling the bloody shower.
And sorry for expecting everyone to be mindreaders 😭😣
It’s heated by a gas combi boiler; just turn the water on and it heats up, and obviously I can control the heat on them (on all the taps in the house and in the bath) but on the shower it’s napalm or nothing.
So inside the shower body, the tap will be a mixing valve . You can pop the cap off and the clips and see if you can adjust the nob /lever. Have you definitely got cold water to it still?
Normally you can replace the mixer valve bodies of showers. For now you could turn your boiler water flow down to 36 degrees, for a shower.

So inside the shower body, the tap will be a mixing valve . You can pop the cap off and the clips and see if you can adjust the nob /lever. Have you definitely got cold water to it still?
Thanks! We’ve done this and there’s just not a single sign of cold water coming into it at all. Weirdly even when we’ve turned the water temp down on the boiler - though maybe I didn’t turn it down enough on the boiler so I might give that a try soon.

Reactions: 9
You can just replace these in showers . You have to turn the water off to the shower. You'll have to get one fits yours, pretty standard tho.

You can do this in taps too. Don't have to buy new all the time

• Heart
You can just replace these in showers . You have to turn the water off to the shower. You'll have to get one fits yours, pretty standard tho.

You can do this in taps too. Don't have to buy new all the time
Thanks so much. I’ll try this, really appreciate the advice xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's the only mechanical part. The nobs and chrome are just for show. I'd have a lever valve , no numbers. Absolute shower printed on the valve handle .

Reactions: 8
This is the reason I would have absolute shower printed. This is Terry Thomas speaking to John lemesuarear . Jk

Such a good film .

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Jesus H Christ. I took a couple of hours away from Tattle to watch a movie and there's 12 new pages on the Jay Slater thread. I'm going to ruin my eyesight on this.

Jesus H Christ. I took a couple of hours away from Tattle to watch a movie and there's 12 new pages on the Jay Slater thread. I'm going to ruin my eyesight on this.
I'm still on the first thread as I'm a latecomer to this. I always forget there will be a Tattle thread on stuff like this!

Having a bad weekend. Complex situation with a mate on Friday / Sat. Someone who ignored me for ages till he was dumped, now is being very hard work and denying saying stuff, saying quite nasty things. I think I'm done being nice. And then work kicked off so I've just done 4 hours needlessly, and am expected to be available through tomorrow. Will have to get up early to get some exercise in, which is not attractive! Shall look for some panda videos before bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm still on the first thread as I'm a latecomer to this. I always forget there will be a Tattle thread on stuff like this!

Having a bad weekend. Complex situation with a mate on Friday / Sat. Someone who ignored me for ages till he was dumped, now is being very hard work and denying saying stuff, saying quite nasty things. I think I'm done being nice. And then work kicked off so I've just done 4 hours needlessly, and am expected to be available through tomorrow. Will have to get up early to get some exercise in, which is not attractive! Shall look for some panda videos before bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Proud winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition is Pekingese Wild Thang. IMHO there's no such thing as an ugly dog, they're all just as their Dog God made them.
1719131583476.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Proud winner of the World's Ugliest Dog competition is Pekingese Wild Thang. IMHO there's no such thing as an ugly dog, they're all just as their Dog God made them.
View attachment 3011694
I’m obsessed with how aged Pekingese look like chain smoking old ladies. This is one of my favourite examples
IMG_9639.jpeg

I’ve got a whole narrative for her. Her garden is absolutely immaculate and the grandkids love going to hers for tea because she makes chips in the deep fat fryer and lets them have a shandy on Christmas Day.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m obsessed with how aged Pekingese look like chain smoking old ladies. This is one of my favourite examples
View attachment 3011881
I’ve got a whole narrative for her. Her garden is absolutely immaculate and the grandkids love going to hers for tea because she makes chips in the deep fat fryer and lets them have a shandy on Christmas Day.
I can't stop laughing at this. Is her name Jean? She looks like a Jean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This pony is entirely too cheeky for his own good. Went into the shed looking for a brush, heard a noise, turned round and...

1719145680773.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18