Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Yes. I can watch Iplayer, prime, Netflix etc thru Wi-Fi on it but can’t get free view and terrestrial channels as my house doesn’t have an aerial (rented and I have a sky dish for the main tv)

plus I inherited it with no manual and I’m just not very good with these things. Omg am I jack?
Can you google the instructions, I had an indoor Ariel which was better than the outdoor (too close to the transmitter)

Reactions: 8

Bellaboos

‘Ghosts’ watchers, have any of you watched the US version and is it worth a watch ?

I only discovered the series really and enjoyed binging and wondering if the US version is any where near as good

• Heart
@heretoreaditall2019 I’m with you on Gousto - we got one last week on offer and it was really disappointing. We have had a few HelloFresh on order and I think they’re really great. They save me money on shopping and, as the person in charge of meal planning, shopping and cooking in the Lazarus household, it’s nice to have something a little bit different as I tend to cook the same type of things, even though I’d consider myself quite a good home cook.

anyway I’m here with an ask of my own tonight. Bed sheets: looking for new ones: flat sheet, fitted sheet and some pillow cases.

my dream is:https://bedfolk.com/products/linen-sheet?variant=39371429740587

Bedfolk, pure linen, moss colour, king size with pillowcases too but it’s pricy.
Do any fraus know of anywhere who do similar for less? This is coming in at around £260 before I even factor in the new duvet set I want 😭
This isn’t helpful advice but having been in this research vortex within the last year solidarity lol it’s so hard to truly compare prices but roughly all of the linen bundle offerings in the UK are much of a muchness price wise even considering the eternal discount codes. Bed threads is a bit more with the added guilt of air miles from Aus but I do recommend them! Can’t compare to the others though, sorry! But their bundles include a loose sheet like I think you’re after? We’re cosleeping so 3 in a bed and I literally share a pillow with my LO and have never felt hot or sweaty. Not sure how toddler heat compares to hot flush heat tho!

Also re duvet - we went from a double to a king so had to rebuy everything at once, where it was summer I just got a low tog duvet thinking I’d need a summer and a winter duvet esp as it’s colder up here. We’ve done the whole winter in the “summer” duvet and I’ve only just remembered I wanted to sort an electric blanket but forgot. So I’d defs recommend staggering the purchases as you may not want the duvet after all?

Emmapism

VIP Member
I think you'll be fine.
At this time of year with varying temperatures cental heating systems get a lot of 'air' in them. It's not air it's the corrosive nature of water rusting mild metals.
Let your system go cold and vent the radiators.
You will have to top as you go. 1 bar will do.
Systems lose pressure due to leaks, or air being vented.
Unlikely a leak if it does hold pressure normally

/ama hvac engineer
Thanks @mchops

It has lost pressure the last month or so. Was on 1.5 and now it's under 1. I don't know if that's a normal amount of loss or not. My plumber had mentioned I might need a new valve but this was last year and it's been okay since then. I just don't want it to get stuck on. Probably best to get him out tbh!

Yes. I can watch Iplayer, prime, Netflix etc thru Wi-Fi on it but can’t get free view and terrestrial channels as my house doesn’t have an aerial (rented and I have a sky dish for the main tv)

plus I inherited it with no manual and I’m just not very good with these things. Omg am I jack?
Possibly you've tried this so tell me I'm stating the obvious, but we've had good luck with one of the aerials from argos in our spare room which really surprised me as I remember them being really shit back in my childhood. We've got it in the window and it seems to pick everything up just fine. Might be worth a try?

Lazarus

VIP Member
Thanks. They have a similar colour and with the discount it’s <200. I’ll sleep on it 😃😜

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
I got the bored of lunch air fryer book and maybe my expectations were too high but I’m a bit disappointed. It’s lovely the way it’s printed and the pictures are nice, but the actual recipes just seem like they’ve all been taken from BBC good food and co, just slightly rewritten/dolled up.
I got the kindle edition and have been similarly underwhelmed. That said, if it makes me more confident in using my airfryer for more than chicken nuggets, then it’s worth it.

ForgettyBetty

VIP Member
FinalChild is enjoying experiencing an introduction to "mah-shwah". Less Bruce Lee and more Kung Fu Panda atm but we'll see if he decides to stick it out :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/l/...knitting-patterns/free-baby-knitting-patterns seems like a good place to start - theres hats with ears,animal shaped toys , duckling bootees etc

as the recent acquirer of 2 small babies, personally I would love any knitting friends to make something that my child could love and treasure for a long time rather than anything clothing related. My vote would be a cuddle blanket like
with a donkey instead of bunny ie add a few rows to the nose , with different mouth embroidery 😂

Examples of hats/cardigans with ears
Thank You! Too short. Thank you very very much.
---
I know a lot of us are of a similar vintage and we have similar musical tastes, so just sharing this to commemorate steve mackey 🖤 56 is no age. apparently, babies was thought of as "steve's song" and it does have a legendary bassline. it's such a sexy song too and, lbr, he was the sexiest in the classic lineup of the band. i fucking loved pulp. 🍕my username on club 142 on teletext (if you remember such things) was actually based on the band members initials🍕 may he rip 🙁

I'm exactly the right age. I have never heard this song in my life before.

Last edited:

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
🙋🏻‍♀️ another one bad for hair neglect, I use my LO’s spray in conditioner on the knotty bits and a tangle teaser. Apparently you can just dilute normal conditioner into a spray bottle - I’ve not tried it as I’m precious about LO’s skin but I’d defs do it for myself!!

Me-rail soz but I’ve just resolved a dishwasher error code and it’s released something from within and motivated me to re arrange loads of furniture and electronics upstairs! I’m now browsing Facebook marketplace looking for a wooden bench to paint for the hall but I ruin the algo for myself by always clicking on dumb shit to have a nose at wtf it is 😩 has anyone ever found any gems on there or is this just a tiktok myth??
I use olio and gumtree.

• Heart

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
That reminds me, they are booking the next few QI dates
Wednesday 8th March - doors at 2:45pm
Wednesday 15th March - doors at 2:45pm, 6:45pm (note that there are TFL tube strikes planned for this date
Wednesday 22nd March - doors at 2:45pm

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Don't think I can get iPlayer over here. Not without faffing around sorting a VPN and I have squares to knit! Needs to be on YouTube, rumble or sth pls.
Satellite City is mostly available on YouTube and I think it's really funny, short episodes (I don't think you have to be Welsh to enjoy it)

Reactions: 6

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Request: I need something funny to watch. Not a film. Something(s) short. I've got to try to knit (with broken finger and infected hand from stray cat) some squares for a community project. So, can't tattle but need something easy to watch to distract me a little. I've not been back to UK for quite a while so don't know what is on TV or YouTube these days. C4 was the only channel I could think of and hasn't thrown much up so thought I would ask here!!
Not funny but piano is C4

Just looked up what you get for certain crimes. Grenfell, for instance. 4-18 years. Maybe. (not Jack tho for lying, oh no, nobody has collared her. Yet) Football stadium massacre. Less. Leaving a baby out in the woods to die. Max 14 years. I'm beyond wtaf right now. We are hanging out here because no authority is investigating the fraud that is ongoing. And we are suitably cross that they can't be arsed. But then you look into Hillsborough. 1989.they have been tryingto get justice that long. Jack you may well be50 odd, but you will stay and face the music. And it won't be Boulevaaaard, love.

• Sad