Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm still balls deep in the MT madness but wanted to drop by and send love to everyone ❤ My care co-ordinator asked me yesterday to write a diary over the next week of how I'm spending my days and there's no way I can admit to tattling for several hours a day, I think I'll just write 'browsing the internet'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Falkor

VIP Member
Operation cancelled :( My blood tests are showing I have some sort of major infection going on, so they're going to send me for an MRI to have a really good look at my pancreas and gallbladder. On the plus side this will answer the question about whether I have a polyp or a gallstone and if it turns out to be a polyp then no op needed :)

• Heart
  • Sad

Smol Pixel

Chatty Member
The MT has been a mammoth read as I’ve been BUSY this weekend. Only caught up with it late last night (had too much FOMO to skip pages even though there was sooo much “have we seen this yet???” YES, LITERALLY 2 PAGES AGO! 😂🤦🏻‍♀️)

Am very glad things have finally slowed down and I can check back in here. Hope things improve @Falkor. Glad Mr F can come and be with you. @traumatised sideboard definitely describe this as “online chat with friends” rather than “internet gossip forum”. Although you could point CCO to Andy’s review which does rather vindicate us all!
@zetta buttons I trust Tunneldog is giving you lots of love and supportive nuzzles.

Lots of love from me and Pixelcat to all of you. My head is still a big ol mess but I have therapy later, so trying to just get to that point and not thinking about work tomorrow 😬
6A53DA9A-C296-4EE6-8934-1F923D76F643.jpeg

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
It's Susan's birthday tomorrow! The 21st, she's turning 9. You wouldn't know it the way she skates around the house like a goose.
Pre-birthday collage as she's sleeping in the window right now, sunning herself like a Bebe Seal.
C5F0E23D-38FE-4427-B5C1-8AFBCDF2FE37.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Nonah

VIP Member
Hello! This is my first foray into F&D! I’m on holiday and not on social media so can safely post this without watermeloning myself.
We have made some friends. (Those aren’t my feet btw.)
Also, I finished reading Shrines of Gaiety 🍉on the beach🍉 today and between one character having a nasal twang and another referring to “my Harold” I’m fairly sure Kate A is a Frau.
A9027E69-50DD-476D-9358-70520BFECF4B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Shimmering

VIP Member
Hello just felt the need to tell someone that I deleted the twitter app off my phone due to the JM chaos. It was just all getting too much to keep up with and was wrecking my head. I might need a JM break for a while too.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
452C56FB-11A5-481D-92F9-A6A3A2376C13.jpeg
The snacks are all gone and it's only 6 pm. I'm actually married to a plague of locusts,

Susan in her new spot in the sun, check out the Salvador Dali whiskers.

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Good afternoon all from the Mississippi Gulf Coast 🍉 with what were plans to cycle 30 miles along the coast/this beautiful view. Unfortunately the extremely strong breeze blowing through (as seen in Thorpe Bay bungahouses) had other plans. I made it less than ten 😂
B9A51113-E0E2-46FC-90AE-0D20B75A28A3.jpeg

Oh Vali, how do we know you’re TELLING THE TRUTH about viztin’ coastal Mississippi I hear you ask…
Well, it’s not definitive, but there is a Star Spangled Banner in the sea, if that’s mildly persuasive… 🇺🇸
E28E328A-3131-4658-B06C-732DDCD5A507.jpeg
@Falkor thinking about you and sending you all of the wishes to get back to the horses, hay, sheep, snow and pink light as soon as you possibly can xxx

Love to you all ❤

• Heart

Smol Pixel

Chatty Member
I’ve been putting off many other things to keep up with the MT. Agree with others that it would be much easier without the repetition of posts. And sorry to hear elements have been triggering to some 😔

I bought creme eggs yesterday and am going to have to be v careful not to fall into my usual Jan-Easter creme egg habit 😬

Also spoke to my GP yesterday who has increased my AD dosage but wasn’t much help in any other way. 🙁 Also I start 12 weeks of domestic abuse counselling on Monday and feeling fortunate to have been offered it but also a bit terrified of unpicking all that crap.

Send animalos!

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Badger's fleece has now been colour-sorted and carded and hopefully the cowl will get made next week :)

badger fleece.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

Falkor

VIP Member
Hope they get the CT scan sorted soon. I didn't realise you had to be nil by mouth for CT scans. I suppose it depends though where they are scanning. Most of ours go for head scans. Good luck x
Normally you don't, but I think this one is to look at why my abdomen is so swollen - they were a bit shocked to find out I'm a size 12, my husband sent my one pair of size 14 jeans down with me and they're a good 4 inches away from doing up. My pancreas has chucked a load of fluid out and it's formed pseudocysts so they're having a closer look as they can't operate with me bloated up like Jabba the Hutt!

• Heart
  • Sad
Happy new year to you wonderful group of mithering ninnies. I'm going to make a chipotle vegan chicken stew for dinner and go to bed at the earliest opportunity. I also wanted to say that I truly appreciate all your kind words, thoughts and advice from this past year while I've been doing a colossal chaos. It has meant more to me than I can adequately explain. Now fuck off ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32

threetintender

Hi darlings, how’s your Sunday going? This Mrs Bucket chat has prompted a memory. I know this is going to sound very strange, but the week before my mother died was one of the happiest times I can remember….not because she was awful but because she was wonderful, funny, brave, irreverent. That last week, all her children were with her, we just walked away from our lives, partners, jobs. We were just there, all together. She knew it was the end and was utterly without fear about it. We had some of the best conversations of our lives with her, about everything under the sun. It was like a cushion of love, if that doesn’t sound too boaky. Anyway, there was an ex daughter-in-law who was very keen to come and stay two days before Mummy died; she wasn’t a popular person in the family even though Mummy always tried to be kind to her (no idea why, she was/is horrible). My brother came into the room where my sisters and I were with Mummy and said ‘Um….Jenny (not her real name obvs) is thinking of booking a flight to come and see you’….and Mummy sighed heavily and said ‘do I seriously have to get up off my deathbed to hoover and polish for Bloody Hyacinth BOOKAY’….and Christ, we laughed so hard.

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
This is one of my favourite pics of Susan, she looks like she could be a cabaret performer in Weimar Germany. Sending head boops to all on this lovely Caturday.
66C782BB-6CD3-4B62-AC58-6B1CDBE74CF4.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Feeling very grateful for all the chuckles from you Fraus and the musical reimaginings on the MT, as feeling a bit traumatised at the mo. had my biopsy this morning and it all went a bit Pete tong and the nurse had to get out the drill. Cried a lot because it was so painful 😓 I've had probably nearly 15 since I was diagnosed and I think this may have been the worst! Getting drilled into your bones with not much pain relief feels exactly as you might imagine 🫠

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Sick

ContentCrunch

VIP Member
Happy new year Fraus, it’s a blessed day.
I got my VIP status 🎉 I’d like to thank Jack Monroe, Brummy Mummy, Demi donnelly, Marcus Mitchell, Rebecca Lamb, Mrs Hinch and Stacey Solomon in that order.

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Happy almost birthday little friend Susan! I love how her ears have always been the same size 😅 sending cat purrs to everyone, Happy Friday!
Check out Pooh's ears when he was a kitten. We could pick up pirate radio from Poland.
34CECDC8-7614-4B97-8FA9-CA3E84CC8DEF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha