Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met my closest friend at a NYE house party when I was 17. I've had some really good NYs over the years since, but the stars definitely aligned that night and I've always thought that NYE can be magical, but only if you don't force it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbh, my NYE peaked in 2000 when we got stuck in central London and had to walk home to my friend’s house.
Ah the millennium. Only time I have been into central London for nye even though I’m within the Greater London area. It was a bit of a damp squib but we had a great time.

I’ve got a friend coming over with her daughter who is around my kids’ age tomorrow afternoon and then me and my girls are having a fakeaway Chinese from Tesco and making our own sushi 😬 because they got a kit for Xmas. Will be pretty low key but should be a nice evening with my girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A rude door witch told me I didn't need to show ID as I looked 30. I was 45 or 46 at the time so I took her harpy-like attitude as a compliment. Mole.
Staying in tonight, I have snacks and lemonade. I went all the way into the next town over this morning to get Royal Canin Maine Coon crunchies for the cats, they are all happily washing their faces now.
Awww! You are the sweetest cat mama, getting the best treats. Sounds like it will be a lovely cosy evening, you deserve that.

Since I’ll get confused with the time difference, and you’ll be the first of us to see 2023, Happy New Year for soon! 🎉 🎆🎇

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Awww! You are the sweetest cat mama, getting the best treats. Sounds like it will be a lovely cosy evening, you deserve that.

Since I’ll get confused with the time difference, and you’ll be the first of us to see 2023, Happy New Year for soon! 🎉 🎆🎇
There are about 13 hours left of the year (It's just after 11 am here)
Thor gave me the biggest head boops as a 'thanks mum'. He's a big fan of snacks. Speaking of snacks I bought these for tonight but I've already eaten most of them!
DD487C01-8DE1-44E3-81A0-50A8C1F83049.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
There are about 13 hours left of the year (It's just after 11 am here)
Thor gave me the biggest head boops as a 'thanks mum'. He's a big fan of snacks. Speaking of snacks I bought these for tonight but I've already eaten most of them!
View attachment 1841690
lol, I thought you were just a few hours away!
Please give Thor and the gang a cuddle from me and my little Bobcat!

Gravy? On a crisp?? Seriously though, I think you‘ve found the ultimate nightsnack, so good it becomes a daysnack!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
At the grand age of 22 - 20 years ago this year - I declared I had had my best NYE ever (running around Tokyo bars til the 5am train with a group of mad people) and have never tried to beat it as I also hate forced fun. (I am no longer in touch with any of the people I was with and it is a few snapshots of memory only - no photos that I can easily find - but that doesn’t matter - a moment in time).

hopefully I will be asleep by 10, husband is understanding I don’t do late nights now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ll start a new Fred now for the new year

It’s a fact…the new thread is here

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ll start a new Fred now for the new year
Thank you so much Big Dave’s Humiliating Trousers! 🙏

At the grand age of 22 - 20 years ago this year - I declared I had had my best NYE ever (running around Tokyo bars til the 5am train with a group of mad people) and have never tried to beat it as I also hate forced fun. (I am no longer in touch with any of the people I was with and it is a few snapshots of memory only - no photos that I can easily find - but that doesn’t matter - a moment in time).

hopefully I will be asleep by 10, husband is understanding I don’t do late nights now.
That sounds amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.