Food and Drink #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In other news one of my pals is off to Paree with work (he assures me it won't be fun) and I am officially Well Jell.
Work trips are not fun. Airport to hotel (late, because your plane was late), a hurried dinner as the hotel restaurant staff are closing the restaurant around you. Sleep in a strange bed, try to figure out a strange shower while you're naked and don't have your glasses on, hotel breakfast, office, meetings, a hurried lunch, more meetings, back to the hotel to dump your laptop, if you're lucky someone will have booked a decent restaurant for dinner otherwise you're thrown on the mercy of google recommendations, strange bed, etc, then more meetings, back to the airport and home. You never actually see anything of Paris or wherever, apart from glimpses from office windows, taxis and your hotel.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Tim Tams are better, for sure. I can cross them off my list anyway. I've been curious about them since I started reading Stuart MacBride's books in 2008.
Cookie said there are Tunnock's at Woolies in Darwin, I'll be there in April for a wedding so I'll make my brother take me there.
Given that you have Cherry Ripe bars, why would you ever eat anything else? They are god-tier!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh I am field-based in my job (and sleep terribly in hotels) but eavesdropping on the metro is one of my favourite things and I don't get to indulge it very often. Outside at 3am for a fire alarm in the Aberdeen Hilton is as exciting as work travel gets for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Given that you have Cherry Ripe bars, why would you ever eat anything else? They are god-tier!
I’ve never had a Cherry Ripe - clearly this is a situation I need to remedy asap!

Love a Tunnocks tea cake. The dark chocolate ones are particularly good but much harder to find outside of Scotland 😞

• Heart
I’ve never had a Cherry Ripe - clearly this is a situation I need to remedy asap!

Love a Tunnocks tea cake. The dark chocolate ones are particularly good but much harder to find outside of Scotland 😞
I've been trying to get hold of Tunnock's tea cakes for nearly a year! They were available in the British Food section at Coles or Woolies here in Oz but they've taken the sections out now.

Cherry Ripes are divine. Dark chocolate with a cherry and coconut filling. 🍒

• Heart
Work trips are not fun. Airport to hotel (late, because your plane was late), a hurried dinner as the hotel restaurant staff are closing the restaurant around you. Sleep in a strange bed, try to figure out a strange shower while you're naked and don't have your glasses on, hotel breakfast, office, meetings, a hurried lunch, more meetings, back to the hotel to dump your laptop, if you're lucky someone will have booked a decent restaurant for dinner otherwise you're thrown on the mercy of google recommendations, strange bed, etc, then more meetings, back to the airport and home. You never actually see anything of Paris or wherever, apart from glimpses from office windows, taxis and your hotel.
Literally had a work trip to Paris over weekend, literally pretty much my experience :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Found this old picture of my cat being DONE with her kittens thinking they're still tiny, thought some of you would enjoy it

View attachment 1620766
the face just screams "is this my life from now on?" :ROFLMAO: all beatiful though
Saw this earlier and thought of the cabal
1664802944256.png

what?? I've only read the book, not seen the film. did stanley tucci kill susie salmon?? 😩
Omg I had forgotten that was him! He is such a versatile actor, his Italian series is great though, he should do asmr I love his voice

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
the face just screams "is this my life from now on?" :ROFLMAO: all beatiful though
Saw this earlier and thought of the cabal View attachment 1622800

Omg I had forgotten that was him! He is such a versatile actor, his Italian series is great though, he should do asmr I love his voice
I had the same face on me when I was woken up by her waters breaking on my feet 😂 wasn't even planning to get a cat, nevermind a pregnant one lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I had the same face on me when I was woken up by her waters breaking on my feet 😂 wasn't even planning to get a cat, nevermind a pregnant one lmao
Not so much the waters breaking on my feet, but the rest is like a dream scenario :love: kittens :love: what did you do with all of them?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lads sorry to interrupt the flow . Jumping on to say Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour is in bookbub for 99p today.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not so much the waters breaking on my feet, but the rest is like a dream scenario :love: kittens :love: what did you do with all of them?
I ended up keeping two of them (unfortunately no longer with us :cry:) and a friend took the third.

Having kittens was the absolute best but I'd just had friends round one night and mentioned that I'd love a cat. They went home and 10 minutes later rang me saying a cat was following them and they were bringing it back to my house... I didn't mean I want one right this second ffs 😂 Obviously got her checked for a chip etc and eventually found out she'd been abandoned when her owners moved. Then all of a sudden I had 4 cats ahaha

These are the two I kept
Screenshot 2022-10-03 145550.png

Screenshot 2022-10-03 145500.png

And with their mum

Screenshot 2022-10-03 145704.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
@veryfondoftea - hello love. I'm not sure I am going to be all that helpful, unless knowing other people feel like you do is helpful. Today is a terrible day for me to be offering advice, as I'm in the lying-down-and-just-giving-up phase of things. I think you sound like you are doing all the basics. I think, ultimately, you just have to decide whether or not the medication route is the route for you. I think sometimes it's hard, because it feels like a huge thing, and *yet another* thing you have to go and sort out for yourself. But it doesn't have to necessarily be forever, you don't have to see it as forever. If things seem overwhelming and exhausting now, maybe it's a good time to look at medication, but you aren't tying yourself into a forever contract. If it seems not so appropriate in the future or doesn't have the effect you're hoping for, then you can revisit the choice, and look at alternative meds or safely coming off them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
3D70334C-7CF0-4D1A-BBEC-4E38AF10F5C7.jpeg

Sunday School Cat is insisting that I post a picture of her and stop squeeing over all the other cats. I can’t help it though! @Justacatindisguise - those tabbies are GORGEOUS!

ETA: please disregard unmade bed… 🙀

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I ended up keeping two of them (unfortunately no longer with us :cry:) and a friend took the third.

Having kittens was the absolute best but I'd just had friends round one night and mentioned that I'd love a cat. They went home and 10 minutes later rang me saying a cat was following them and they were bringing it back to my house... I didn't mean I want one right this second ffs 😂 Obviously got her checked for a chip etc and eventually found out she'd been abandoned when her owners moved. Then all of a sudden I had 4 cats ahaha

These are the two I kept
View attachment 1622875
View attachment 1622876

And with their mum

View attachment 1622881
omg the love!!!! this has made my day (as I watch my -non-related- cats half play/half growl at each other :ROFLMAO:)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sunday School Cat looks like she's nicked that tail and left ear off another cat. She is stunning, even if she is a little tail thief.

I had my windows open for a bit today and Sideboard Cat was proper chuffed with this leafo she fished off a spiderweb for me. How thoughtful of her to bring me a gift in this trying time (I threw it back out the window, don't tell her).

a catto and a leafo.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Not centring myself here but as I can only speak from my own experiences, just going to mention a couple of things as to why I have the "advice" that I'm putting here. Semi-coherently lol.
I think that what you're feeling is often classed as depression but is more of the precursor to it. You're not miserable enough for self harm and you are still "fully functional". It seems more like a burnout / (spiritual/emotional) disconnect between how you are living your life and some underlying beliefs or desires that are in conflict with that. I remember the day when I suddenly realised I had " been doing it wrong", it was like the world flipped round. I've been through several rounds of "brief intervention" ie 6-10 weekly sessions, and each one has been helpful in identifying the sticking points eg outside stressors - how to handle them better; or unmet expectations or ambitions - are these important to ME or in fact some else's blueprint being imposed? Shall I try to follow through with xyz, or decide that it wasn't what I wanted after all, or accept that it isn't possible now? At the same time, identifying the positives to build on. So, I was brought up kind of self-sufficient/good at problem solving, painfully honest, hardworking and dutiful.. but also found out that my mum wasn't very good with emotional range, (big cuddles or rage) and very demanding re straight As etc. So I'm still working on opening myself up in that way, so I can be a whole person and not like a household appliance! . (I've just bought a new book on AEDP which might be good where CBT was an complete fail for me). Another book I like is called something like "Mindful way through depression " It is written in a very accessible way, looking at examples of those negative-thought spirals and how to dismantle them. The right therapist will really help you unpick the issues that are specific to you, but it is an ongoing process. Medication is a difficult decision - someone may need it as a short term kickstart through therapy, or some long term. It depends if your mental state is really impacting your daily life. (Also there is a tendency for gps to have a flowchart of what to dole out first rather than trying to ID the specific problem) I found amitriptyline of some but limited use, mirtazapine definitely helped with anhedonia and lack of motivation in my head but made me physically so bloody tired I didn't feel it was better over all. Plus I got porky, the food cravings are something else. Escitalopram (ssri) was the only 3 weeks in my life I have felt actually insane so not going there again- however, my eldest takes it for anxiety and it works well for that.
So basically, identify the dissatisfaction, decide how you can change it (whether that's Realising your Ideal or instead Idealising your Reality) and get guidance through that process. ♡
@veryfondoftea

Say Hi to the pest who just cost me (£ my week's family shopping) at the vets because she's a binraider

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve in MIA for a while, ‘cos I’ve just become grandmother to twin girls.
They’ve been poorly for a while, lots of stress and anxiety all round, but, they’re safely home and growing by the hour.
I’ve got about 200 JM threads to catch up on.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.