Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
This post is going to read like a Jack self obsessed diatribe, but I think I have earned it. 😉 Shall I call it "Biopsies" in honour of Jack's "Potatoes"?

Thanks for all the lovely messages. I've been sent home (well at my partner's parents, they live darn sarf) They are lovely, but I am looking forward to going home later today. There's nothing like your own surroundings when you're feeling sorry for yourself.

All went ok, decided I wouldn't have general anaesthetic and had a nerve blocker.
It was embarrassing, painful and traumatic. I have had loads of operations in the past, but always chosen to have a general....I will in future too. They needed to take 28 biopsy samples in all as I have chosen to allow them to use some for research purposes. If I can help them improve the situation for the future, it's the least I can do.

The procedure normally last 20 minutes, but it took nearly 2 hours as it was carried out by a doctor undergoing training (I agreed to this, of course). At the end of it all I passed out, before they had even started to remove the "equipment" 😳. I woke up with a crash team and about 20 people around my bed. No heart attack, just blood pressure plummeting, and I felt such a fool.

I'm still in a bit of pain and I'm bleeding like a stuck pig, but it is apparently what to expect for 2-3 weeks! The block wore off after 24 hours and painkillers are only effective to some degree, but it is all relative.

The NHS and it's staff are amazing. Glad it's over, and apprehensive about the results and future treatment, but I truly couldn't have had better care.

Thanks again to everyone for their lovely messages. You are all a bunch of mithering ninnies. ❤❤❤

I have not ventured to this thread before, Jack's takes up so much time! It looks like this one doesn't move too fast though.
Aw Manc I’m so glad you’ve posted! I saw your post early saying it had been embarrassing and I can’t lie, I thought you’d shat yourself - that wouldn’t even be embarrassing seeing you were in for an invasive medical procedure!

You’re such a kind soul, thinking of others even at such a scary time. I hope you don’t have too long to wait for your results.

You’ve certainly been through the mill fella, yet even though I only know you through an anonymous forum, I know you’re a genuine person who doesn’t milk life’s difficulties for all they’re worth, much less still dine out on them years later.

I hope you’re not too uncomfortable and I’m keeping everything crossed for positive results ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Massively glad to hear that ❤ It can be a nightmare getting stuff like that sorted

eta: i love how supportive the cabal can be, really makes your day sometimes
Thank you ❤ and it really does! The support I had from here was overwhelmingly amazing, it still blows my mind at times how supportive like minded strangers who will likely never meet in person can be towards each other ❤❤

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
I hate that someone made you feel that way, it’s so cruel. I’m just a mendactious, faceless ninnie but I meant all the nice things, look -

View attachment 759570

You should definitely buy a new blazer though, you need one with a pocket for all those pencils!
So sorry that happened to you @traumatised sideboard I hope you get yourself back out there, I know people like that leave scars, honestly you deserve so much better.

I know we only know each other online (and as we all know everyone on the internet is actually a serial killer playing the long game so we can't meet in person) but you come across as so witty, so kind and so downright talented in every post. You never cease to brighten our day on the main thread, you've made us all laugh out loud so many times. You're amazing, the women of this app would be LUCKY to even get a chance to talk to you (and I bet none of them can even bench press the queen!)

(P.s I love that "I'll make you a cake" is now the scariest thing Jack Monroe could ever say to us, and not only because it'll likely be a peach flavoured housebrick she can use to clobber us to death with 😭)

• Heart
  • Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
i had a couple of 'coolinary' firsts this weekend up at Pa Kcc's. marmite cream cheese at breakfast was 👍as was a homegrown blue potato at lunch

but you want pet pics really, don't you?

I *just* caught squiggles and henry having a lil boop

20210822_212929.jpg

and, mr kcc and I are not dog people, and neither was my dad prior to the arrival of this lil bugger. 7 month old Oswald. he's... actually kinda ok

20210822_214217.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Falkor

VIP Member
Not as good as Nibbles though
Just for ewe saying that... I can't make out the eartag, so I'm not 100% sure I'm right, but I think this is a baby Nibbles. She would have been about 3 months old here, it was taken a few days after I bought her, 406 and 10 others.

baby Nibbs.jpg

• Heart
Dear hearts, I cry. Everyone here is so kind, I wish I could bake you all a cake as I don't abide by the proximity rule, I just think it's nice to give cake to people. It's fine re: the ex situation as I wrote multiple songs about him and his mendacious behaviour so needless to say, I had the last laugh!

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Thank you everyone for being so lovely. I’m ok slightly sore and I feel a bit sleepy. Mr SSW is letting me stay at his tonight so I’m not on my own. Considering we’re not together anymore he’s been really sweet and it’s nice seeing Dobby the cat again.

• Heart
Being told to fuck off is a rite of passage for every cabal member especially if you are autistic, gay, different or successful so deal with it or get to absolute fuck, you mithering ninny.

• Haha
  • Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
MC Dad bought the cats a carrot 🥕 lmao.

Pls excuse the rug, this is their play-room so it's impossible to keep clean.
4C16D2A8-E3C7-4E33-AB9B-CE57C23CE72D.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

EddieBeds

VIP Member
So a little update on my pain situation as so many of you were so lovely to me yesterday ❤ i passed out in the kitchen this morning, cracked my head on the counter (I look like quasimodo right now :ROFLMAO:) Mr C rang 999, i was taken in an ambulance and went straight in to surgery - woke up about half an hour ago and am tattling to take my mind off things but it turns out what I was told the other week was a cyst was actually an ectopic pregnancy?! I could have died ffs. I have such conflicted views right now as the NHS have been incredible today but surely they should have spotted it when I had my scan? Emotions are also all over the place as I am definitely not ready to have a baby at the mo but I had one growing in me (albeit in the wrong place) and now I'm really upset for the child who could have been. God I'm a mess today, sorry for using you guys to vent! The only good takeaway from this situation is my (currently covered up but I had a peek) scar from the surgery will make me feel like a pirate!
Oh JCC what a rollercoaster. Sorry for your loss. Physically I hope you’re feeling a bit better today and the drugs are making you feel more comfortable. Emotionally it’s normal to be all over the place - emergency surgery is a shock to the system in itself without the loss of a baby also. The hospital or your GP should be able to refer you for counselling if it is something in the upcoming days/weeks/months you feel would be beneficial. Imagine Mr C felt very helpless in amongst the understandable anger and shock. Be gentle with yourself over the next few days/weeks. 💕

ETA: Just seen your message above - glad you’re back home resting and looking to the positives.

Following on from what others have said I would also echo, at an appropriate time it could be worth feeding back via PALS. Appreciate slightly different circumstances but I suffered an ectopic pregnancy three years ago - it wasn’t picked up until the eleventh hour (despite blood work showing otherwise they kept saying I was miscarrying despite several red flags including A&E trips). The whole thing was quite traumatic and I ended up in emergency surgery. Alongside poor aftercare and a subsequent miscarriage that was really badly handled I wrote to PALS a year later - for me it was a mix of wanting closure and not wanting someone else to end up in the position I did unnecessarily (I appreciate the complexity that some ectopics can be misdiagnosed).

PALS were great, really supportive and I ended up having a meeting with the Head of Midwifery - while I had complained about the situation/experience I’d also highlighted those who I received exceptional care from too. The Head of Midwifery investigated and was able to see that my ectopic had been wrongly diagnosed despite the obvious red flags/missed opportunities - as a result the hospital ended up implementing changes in their procedures and training in an attempt to minimise the chances of another ectopic being missed unnecessarily. Mr Beds came with me to the meeting and was able to show them the experience he had as a result of the situation.

I went to counselling via a local charity that has been incredible for me - though I appreciate everyone has different ways of dealing with things. Take your time recovering, both physically and emotionally. Happy to talk via messages if you want to.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Great news, @Jay-cloth Cow !

I wènt to look for the sheep today because a neighbour put out a load of sheep a couple of days ago and I thought they might have got tangled up with them. I was sort of right. Nibbles and 406 had stayed near the gate with four ewes belonging to another neighbour. I started calling for the rest and got some BAAAAAs back from the other side of the first valley, so set off with my bucket and my two plus the neighbour's four all following, while on the other side of the valley little white blobs started making their way towards me. I got another 8 ewes and 2 lambs of mine and then a whole load more of the neighbour's ones spotted me, so I thought I'd better stick the food out before too many that weren't mine turned up. I saw another five of mine on the other side of the valley, one of which I'm almost certain was April because she saw the bucket, bellowed and started legging it over, and then there were another eight, probably mine, further away - I didn't go to investigate because it was getting dark, but it looks like they're all roughly in the same area.

Badger was one of the lambs who came over, she's growing on well :)

20211009_184310.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Lads, I went for a park date with my dear friend B t'other day. I'd like you all to enjoy this photo she took of a sweet little spring duckling. So fuzzy and cute 😊
C62A2BA8-EACD-4E72-B835-A5460350770E.jpeg

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
I am on my lunch hour so thought that I would give you a quick update. I have been having daily conversations with the economist on Whatapp about work, plans for when he is next here etc. He is really nice and while not being conventionally attractive is so my type. I cant see it working in the long run as he travels so much so I'll just enjoy him while I can as everything was so good last week and I want to do it all again. The one thing that has irked me a bit is the fact that he has casually mentioned more than once that he earns a lot of money. He didn't need to mention it as I can work it out to some extent but so what??? It was in the context of me saying it must be hard to work and travel so much and he replied 'well they are paying me more money than I can possibly spend so its worth it'. It might be me as I grew up relatively poor and have a decent paying job now but I don't even tell my friends what my salary is as money was always some kind of issue when I was young. We will see.

So, after the longest dry spell ever I have had a couple of other interesting texts this week. Honestly during the summer months I turned the notifications off on my phone as I would go for days without anyone texting me (male or female) and it made me so sad and lonely. So indulge me for telling you.

On Monday I went to drinks after an event with a group of people that I have been working with online and I joked when I got there that I should have worn my heels as they were all so tall. I had to get home early and they were all talking about the other bars they wanted to go to and I said I would come along next time. One of the men from the team ordered me a taxi (not unusual they are always make sure the women get a taxi or to the station in a nice way) and he then texted me later to ask if I had arrived home safe. Then he texted to say that next time I should wear my heels and he would take me to the bar he was in as he thinks I would like it.

Then yesterday the nice ex sent me a text as one of the MPs I was working for last year was given a Cabinet job and he said he saw the news and thought of me then asked me out for a meal.

Whats going on???? I have been invisible to the opposite sex for years and this happens in a week. Can someone check the status of the moon as I am having my own little chaos.

Re: eyes, going to put it under a spoiler lest you feel like I am an #ad peddler
I’ve been told the eyes thing is genetics tbh but saying that, The Ordinary’s buffet *with copper* (annoyingly the £30 one rather than the £10 one) is very very good for this and has worked nearly immediately for me re: skin, the colouring is all genetics apparently. I feel like I look 600 years old purely for dropping my skincare routine in pregnancy out of fear of chemicals then refusing to sleep train. Lord help me.

It won’t let me tag Jay cloth cow clearly misremembering her username but how are you getting on? ❤
@Jay-cloth Cow how are you doing? Do you have a (real) black eye now from the fall (as opposed to a Bobbi Brown one). Hope you are emotionally recovering from its all.

@heretoreaditall2019 I am sold. I would spend any amount to get rid of them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

EllaEm87

VIP Member
This thread is like a warm hug!

Last night I had lamb shank slow cooked in French onion soup, tender stem fried in garlic and the left over dauphinois. Chefs kiss on the French onion lamb shanks.

Apologies to the sheep loving fraus 🐑 x and hugs to @Jay-cloth Cow ❤

4D5BAADB-092B-46F0-9DC0-AC79B4D9E8E0.jpeg

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
This is an email from my stepdad, bear in mind he's still recovering from a massive stroke. The urge to write love(space)you was strong, you guys! Is Jack my mamapapa?

PS The Mount is a reference to the town he lives in. He also has a phenomenal sense of humour and would be in here laughing with us if he were in on the joke.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Evening ninnies. I’ve gone and got bloody covid so I can taste absolutely fuck all and I can’t smell anything either. Probably a godsend with two kids in nappies. Eating feels pointless at the mo because it literally tastes of air. Feeling like I have a really shit flu. Once I’m feeling better I’ll stomp around all the local chippys.
Oh my love I hope you’re okay, are you single or double jabbed? I’m hoping it’s a mild experience for you ❤

Fucking hell tho is anyone else getting scared? I’ve never known so many people to have covid. I really hate that they’re lifting restrictions 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Marj24

VIP Member
Being in Australia I can't compute exactly when your birthday is/was but in tribute I am attaching a full picture of my Maine Coon profile pick.

81f3fbfdb765679cc4433bde7419c2a2.jpg

I picked this kitten because of its enormous paws (typical for kittens of this breed). They were cropped out!

• Heart
Reactions: 21