Food and Drink #15 Christmas time, here’s our toes and wine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dr google says
Supermarkets Hit By Shortage Of Satsumas

Stock of Spanish satsumas at UK supermarkets has been significantly cut this season because of poor weather conditions, according to reports.
Fresh produce industry news site, freshinfo.com, has revealed that availability of the popular fruit has been reduced to just 60 per cent of last season’s volumes due to the heavy rain in September which caused major problems for Spanish growers.
While much of there crop was washed away, the ones that did survive the rainy weather have grown to a size that according to freshinfo is “outside the usual specifications for the UK market”.
A British importer told the website: “The cost price for our size profile is very inflated. On top of that the crop is about seven to 10 days late and this is putting massive pressure on a very short market.”
” Retailers are intent on pricing for a market that is in recession and with weak sterling we are really struggling to get the prices we need – we just can’t procure for the prices the supermarkets are selling at.”
“It is a massive problem and basically a big fight out there to get the fruit we need. We are all feeling very squeezed.”

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
COMPLETELY off topic but I don't know if any of you watches The Circle? The US series just got put on Netflix, it's kind of exactly what I need right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
COMPLETELY off topic but I don't know if any of you watches The Circle? The US series just got put on Netflix, it's kind of exactly what I need right now.
is it any good? I LOVED the first season of the UK one but couldn’t bear to watch the second one with Zoe Ball’s tit son on it. Imagine if we got to go into the circle house and troll each other, it’d be hilarious x

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I havent stopped crying since he announced it. I go to stop, then I read another text or post and I go again. We all knew this was coming, but I am so upset. All these children missing out. My poor boy who is struggling just on day 1 of this lockdown, after barely getting through the others and hes only 5. My Dad got a call that his sister died this morning, and he couldnt go and see her, he cant go to her funeral, he cant even see his grandkids to distract him. Its all so bleeping tit.
Sending love and big hugs :(

• Heart
I got sent these as a replacement in my Asda shop but they’re geet lush and that; had one for my tea with some cauliflower cheese and a jacket potato it were luvverly

1960415C-2490-45DD-84FA-12AD68F2EDCF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This may be obvious to every single person apart from us but if you’re infrequently using your car cos of lock down do leave the engine running as the AA told us the battery can go to a point of no return and need replacing if it’s so out of energy. I felt sick when our camper was conked to the point it wouldn’t let us lock it back up & he told us to be careful! 🤯 He said an hour a month should keep it ticking over xx
Good advice! This happened to us during the first lockdown. Mr NP’s car was used just for work and while being furloughed he hardly ever started it, so after a while the battery completely died. Replaced it and a little while later the car broke down and needed scrapping (it had other issues too but this was the final nail in its coffin)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Begborrowsteal I am so sorry for you and and your family, sending lots of love to you and everyone on here ❤ ❤

I just started washing my face to get ready for bed and the water was freezing cold - went to check the boiler and it won't even turn on. No hot water, no heating and British Gas aren't available until Wednesday 13th...I genuinely just want to burst into tears now I'm so bleeping fed up. Stuck in a freezing cold house with no hot water and nowhere else to go. Im sorry for this pitiful post I know I still have it a lot better than so many people at the mo! But its really making me realise how limited we are at the moment in that I have no choice but to be here all the time.
If you are listed in a vurnerable category I think utilities have to help in a much quicker timeline. Don't know if is applicable just now but worth checking out. Take care, I think we're all just so fatigued by it all .

• Heart
If you are listed in a vurnerable category I think utilities have to help in a much quicker timeline. Don't know if is applicable just now but worth checking out. Take care, I think we're all just so fatigued by it all .
Thank you lovely! No one in my house is vulnerable thankfully, just a bit cold!

Hope everyone is doing as okayish as they possibly can be today. Homeschooling involves so much screen time!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Morning. I see myself as a resilient person in the main but my god this new lockdown has hit me hard - its like the last year didnt happen and we are back to square one. Two kids at home and I work full time and we have one laptop and a mini ipad between us all and the school have sent work for the full school day plus both kids have zoom lessons; so I have to choose either to work or give one of them my laptop?!? I realise we are privileged in many ways as so many kids will have to use their parents smartphone and mobile data or just go without lessons at all.

To keep it on topic I have tasked my eldest (9) with planning and cooking lunch each day - yesterday we had scrambled egg sandwiches ha ha

Love to everyone struggling, frontline and having boiler and car issues. I dont know about you but I feel so close to having one more things tip me over the edge....

Was going to do a spoiler re new bloke update as I dont want to bore you all but dont know how to do them!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
is it any good? I LOVED the first season of the UK one but couldn’t bear to watch the second one with Zoe Ball’s tit son on it. Imagine if we got to go into the circle house and troll each other, it’d be hilarious x
I think it's good but it probably won't be for everyone, there's a few interesting people on it though and it's pretty lighthearted and more-ish. It's also funny about things like influencers and online honesty and suchlike!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think it's good but it probably won't be for everyone, there's a few interesting people on it though and it's pretty lighthearted and more-ish. It's also funny about things like influencers and online honesty and suchlike!
I’ve been watching so much real housewives my baby probably thinks they’re aunties so it’ll be good to mix it up, also Netflix is such a better interface than Amazon prime? How is prime video so tit when they literally own AWS and have infinite money??? HoWwWwW!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve been watching so much real housewives my baby probably thinks they’re aunties so it’ll be good to mix it up, also Netflix is such a better interface than Amazon prime? How is prime video so tit when they literally own AWS and have infinite money??? HoWwWwW!
Neither are as bad as now tv though, blimey it is awful

• Haha

Loves - a new thread is here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.