Flying the Nest (Stephen and Jess Parry-Valentine)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But they aren’t? The Parry-Valentine family would not be travelling the world if it weren’t for the presence of a camera.

The kids would be in preschool in some Australian suburb.
preschool in Australia is voluntary for 3-5 years old but most start when they are 4-5

but you see, the views do justify it since that a vloggers gauge for income. if people watch, they will continue to do the same sort of content. at the end of the day it's still up to the parents to post on behalf of the children. is it wrong that the film the kids and put it out on the internet. maybe. at the end of the day they are still the parents and that does entitle them with the right to decide what to post and share publicly. they also share in the risk with any fallout that comes from it. until there is a law banning this type of child "labour" there's no real way to stop it. having a global law in place isn't going to happen. if you tube wanted they could put a policy in place but they won't.

I don't know. I'm on the fence about it. just thinking about the life experiences these kids will have traveling and going to all these places. I agree, they are a little young but it's better than getting dumped off at the grandparents every weekend. both my parents worked all the time so while one worked from home, my sibling an I had to fend for ourselves and keep each other entertained. we didn't get to travel and get to experience anywhere near as much.
It justifies why they do it (money), it doesn't justify it being the right thing to do. If they want the money over their child's future feelings then sure, that's their choice. The kids could have the experiences without their parts being filmed. I did say Stephen and Jess can do what they want with their own images. If their content was good enough before kids to obtain viewers, they should be comfortable in only filming themselves for public vlogs. Even if there is no law, there is no way in this day and age that they would not have seen the increasing and on-going narrative from ex-child stars/family vlog children etc talking about how their negative thoughts, feelings and experiences. That should be enough to change their thoughts about what they're doing with their own children, arguably you shouldn't need laws to tell you to partake in decent common courtesies like not exposing your child to millions of people before they can properly consent.

That's regardless of - again - the literal police asking people to stop posting so much about their children for the safety concerns.

Reactions: 4
but you see, the views do justify it since that a vloggers gauge for income. if people watch, they will continue to do the same sort of content. at the end of the day it's still up to the parents to post on behalf of the children. is it wrong that the film the kids and put it out on the internet. maybe. at the end of the day they are still the parents and that does entitle them with the right to decide what to post and share publicly. they also share in the risk with any fallout that comes from it. until there is a law banning this type of child "labour" there's no real way to stop it. having a global law in place isn't going to happen. if you tube wanted they could put a policy in place but they won't.

I don't know. I'm on the fence about it. just thinking about the life experiences these kids will have traveling and going to all these places. I agree, they are a little young but it's better than getting dumped off at the grandparents every weekend. both my parents worked all the time so while one worked from home, my sibling an I had to fend for ourselves and keep each other entertained. we didn't get to travel and get to experience anywhere near as much.
---

not really. if you look at 3 years ago before their first kid, it's still in the 150k view. they get the odd banger that gets insane views but they also get ones that are still sub 100k. I'm going to guess that the ones with high views from back then got them over time instead of all on the first week or month.
There is something wrong with it when they’ve made their whole business instagram their children. They know what they are doing.

there is nothing wrong with their holidays and experiences but just give your children privacy.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 4
It justifies why they do it (money), it doesn't justify it being the right thing to do. If they want the money over their child's future feelings then sure, that's their choice. The kids could have the experiences without their parts being filmed. I did say Stephen and Jess can do what they want with their own images. If their content was good enough before kids to obtain viewers, they should be comfortable in only filming themselves for public vlogs. Even if there is no law, there is no way in this day and age that they would not have seen the increasing and on-going narrative from ex-child stars/family vlog children etc talking about how their negative thoughts, feelings and experiences. That should be enough to change their thoughts about what they're doing with their own children, arguably you shouldn't need laws to tell you to partake in decent common courtesies like not exposing your child to millions of people before they can properly consent.

That's regardless of - again - the literal police asking people to stop posting so much about their children for the safety concerns.
at the end of the day, they are still the parents. I hear you but I feel it is still their choice to make that decision for their kids.
reach out to them with a DM on one of the platforms and let them know that it's concerning that they film their kids and share it publicly. attach some articles or reports from police stating not to post.

all well and good to rant on here to a small minority of people, but until you voice that concern to them in a courteous way, they might not even realize it.

you can attempt to do something or just complain about it.

Reactions: 1
at the end of the day, they are still the parents. I hear you but I feel it is still their choice to make that decision for their kids.
reach out to them with a DM on one of the platforms and let them know that it's concerning that they film their kids and share it publicly. attach some articles or reports from police stating not to post.

all well and good to rant on here to a small minority of people, but until you voice that concern to them in a courteous way, they might not even realize it.

you can attempt to do something or just complain about it.
You're assuming I haven't messaged them? Also you don't "hear me". You think being the parent means owning the child's consent or privacy until the child can do it themselves. I think that no one can consent to their image being spread to millions until they allow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think you need a lawyer in this @#myownbusiness ;)

I don’t message my criticism to influencers. Tattle is light entertainment where people can talk about their annoyances with content creators, without spamming their comment sections. Most of them aren’t interested in criticism anyway, and usually I’m not invested enough to write to them about it.

Stephen and Jess KNOW what they’re doing. They’re not stupid. They can travel the world because it’s their job and because they have a following that allows them to get many accommodations and privileges for free. They also know that Hunter (her pics, footage of her, mentions of a toddler in their video titles) brings in the views. That’s why they do it. It’s as simple as that. No need to tell them :D

Reactions: 8
that doesn't answer the question though. did you reach out to them?
Ha! I’ve messaged, emailed and left comments on their page. They know what they are doing as it falls silent. It’s also a very huge movement with many people wanting rules around social media children.

Why do you think it’s ok? Aside from Jess and Stephen being the parents?

Your opinion hasn’t swayed at all with all and I wonder why?

Reactions: 5
that doesn't answer the question though. did you reach out to them?
I commented on a youtube video not long after they had Hunter asking about their plans with how much they were going to show etc and it got ignored 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I’m surprised they spent so little time in the Philippines thought they would’ve gone somewhere else after. I’m sure Kara and Nate went to that exact floating room that they stayed in

My opinion is neither for or against it. While I understand how it can be concerning, I still feel it's up to them.
I just think of Saconne Jolys with that opinion of “it’s up to them”

scary stuff

“Here’s your sign to book that flight to the Philippines” - yeah like it’s that easy for the average Joe especially during a cost of living crisis 🙃😂

• Haha
I stand by my opinion that they are pushing the Disney obsession for views and it’s creepy.
You can enjoy the parks without spending money on adult merchandise.

I had to LOL when the Japanese airline worker said “that’s very bad planning” when they travelled all day to Osaka by train to travel to Mongolia.

Attachments

• Haha
Wow that trek was punishment especially with 2 kids.

Hunter handled it all better than I would have.
---
I stand by my opinion that they are pushing the Disney obsession for views and it’s creepy.
You can enjoy the parks without spending money on adult merchandise.
It's not creepy with adults wearing ears. In Orlando you see adults with ears, Disney shirts ans loungefly all the time. Also it's good for the kids to let them all be in the magic instead of adults thinking they're too above it.

Reactions: 1