Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shopgirlmama

Don't buy one from her! She marks up massively! They're on aliexpress for around £20. If you DM katescosyknits she might be able to send you the link for them
I had my heart on those cardigans too! I’ve bought a blanket (it was super cheap flash sale of hers 🥴) and a hat already! 😫😫😫😫😫

• Sad
Reactions: 2

FCD

She's now saying they're handmade here in the UK, but selling at £20! It completely undermines anyone who make and sell their own blankets. She must be buying them for next to nothing.
There’s no way they’re U.K. made if bought from AliExpress. They’re probably made in a Chinese prison alongside the Tesco Christmas cards. Please don’t buy anything like this, if something is handmade and even wholesaled for this cheap then you can guarantee people are being exploited all along the supply chain.

Mum2two

Oh my god. 😬 I completely agree with you all but since you have now dragged me into this let’s get one thing straight. I just shouldn’t have got myself involved on here but I felt a bit bloody miffed as I was going to purchase one of the said cardigans! I’ve set up a preview listing (they aren’t even published yet!) because I have purchased pattern (knitting pattern, I crochet so a family member will make them hence the pattern credit! I myself have purchased one from other supplier so I can see quality of these - I also want to point out that I 100% make my booties I can if you want evidence, I will gladly video one from start to finish, Pom Poms and all. The thing is I’ve been crocheting for years and do not wish to be dragged into negative stuff because crafting is meant to be a happy colourful little place and we should be able to share whatever we feel on our own accounts. I work very hard to design unique blankets and shawls, with my own design style and I have attached an image of a basket of booties I was actually working on this evening.

At the end of the day if someone is buying stuff in then I don’t think it’s the problem I think the issue is claiming something is made yourself and selling it under this pretense which I can see was misleading there, but also I like to see the good in things so I believe wasn’t a malicious thing at all.

if you’re unhappy with purchase with anyone be it a crafter or a big highstreet store, you are covered by the distance selling act and can return it for a full refund within a certain period of time. This is usually outlined by the store itself but is generally 28 days.

hope this helps 🌟

I can send you a link to the pattern if you would like it. It looks relatively easy although personally I wouldn’t know 🧶
Oh yes please if you could? Buying and reselling is no issue at all a lot of shops do this well most do look at the highstreet I think it's just dishonesty at them being handmade if they aren't I stil don't know if they are or not now I'm confused lol 🤔

K87

Yes she’s a fraud message Katescosyknits she was the Instagram who was selling them but was honest about where she got them !! I messaged her just had a look back at the messages another instagram was even sending her lots of love and then working with flora too , she even follows her I still follow Her , message her she will tell you , I ended up blocking flora I messaged her about her cardigans and she said 100% vegan wool , she’s a complete fraud

mechanicmum

I feel like a right mug! I totally thought they were handmade, her wording often implies her having handmade them. Phrases like "just finished" "another one on the go" etc. I can't think off the top of my head. What a swizz

K87

Says she knits all them Cardigans and blankets and has this sweet life ,as if ???

snarksnark

Chatty Member
Do any crafty types know how long it takes to make one of those blankets/ cardigans by hand and roughly how much the materials would cost?

K87

The blankets are bought off eBay the pastel colour ones seller was spoke about on here in older posts , people call her out and she blocks them , everything she sells or sold on her page was either bought in and customised ( added pom-poms etc ) or from China wholesale ( cardigans) she was called out a few times even commented on this a few posts back I don’t know if you can see her posts or she has deleted them , I have noticed now in her bio Instagram , she has removed any knowledge of the blankets , she was called on by another Instagram who was selling the cardigans as wholesale ( Katecosyknits) and she got the a lot of abuse while flora still kept to the story of how she made them 🥱even tho websites I think it’s chicwish sell the same cardigan , also the eBay seller is togaman34 I think it is spoke about in a few older posts , Flora is a fraud I think she’s finally realised this tho , and has slowly started to remove traces off her Instagram

K87

If somebody is making for somebody else they should always always credit whether it’s there design or the wool used or if they have helpers it shouldn’t be told afterwards either , as soon as a item is put up on a platform whoever is involved in the making process she be credited , before the item is sold , that’s why copyright , watermarks etc where introduced so people where falsely advertising or given false information

K87

All it takes is for a big retailer like primark to start selling them then what are they going to be knitting for them I hope something like that happens then they will truly get their cumpunace

K87

So I spoke to the lady who makes the blankets she dusnt make them soley for her she just makes them and puts them eBay they always have a lot of interest but the same person seems to buy all the time ??? Never mentioned names either , I just think it’s absolute shocking that a person who dusnt crochet or knit sells on other people’s items and pretends she has and then comes up with lame excuses , there’s a lot of knitting and crocheters who actually do make them themselves and get no recognition , this lady should be ashamed she’s conning people in to thinking she made them when she never did an sorry but putting blankets up to get a new shed or whatever for her pig have you seen her house it’s just a easy way of getting rid and making money for her meanwhile her business grows and she gets to work with a lot of people for free or promotes for free , sooner this women is shown for what she really is the better !!!!!!!!!

K87

My mother has been crocheting and knitting for years my Nan too , even in there prime with the craft they still couldn’t make one blanket in a day , they used to have a group of them knitting and crocheting and even then experience crocheting and knitters never made a blanket in a day , unless she has a knitting machine , I think people are annoyed because now a lot of others are selling the exact same and are saying they are wholesale

JessicaFletcher

Chatty Member
She's now saying they're handmade here in the UK, but selling at £20! It completely undermines anyone who make and sell their own blankets. She must be buying them for next to nothing.

Penny Sweets

I followed her for a while. As a crocheter myself I was always amazed at how quickly she could churn things out, it made me feel like I wasn't quick enough. And the whole image she gives off, with plenty of time for her crafts, kids, animals etc. I feel equally relieved and duped that she's not making them all. How does she get away with it though?

K87

I don't think enough noise is being made about this outside of this platform. I don't think many of Flora's followers on insta know she's a fraud. I've been tempted many a time to share it on my business page stories but am too scared of the backlash id receive. Its a really shit feeling to be worried about a backlash from a fraud's followers though! I think it could affect my page negatively so just have to keep quiet and carry on 😭
I did I commented on her page on a few different posts calling her out about the blankets and the cardigans I was blocked straight away ,looking at her profile via a friends the comments where removed , I also wrote to tribe Norfolk the festival she keeps promoting about the whole issue never heard anything back , people need to speak out because if they don’t it will just carry on

HoneyBee

Omg I can’t believe this!! I was genuinely going to buy a daisy blanket from her, cannot believe she just buys them and sells them on. That’s really shady. I feel like the whole of instagram is just a pretty face with a thousand skeletons in its closet!

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
The business is that I paid £20 plus postage for a rainbow blanket thinking I'd got that at a 'sale' price and now I can see I could have got it on ebay for £9.05! From the same maker apparently now 🙄😡
It’s absolutely outrageous!!! Also if they are friends, surely she’d be paying half to her? I’d be really upset if I was selling blankets for barely nothing to a friend who then sold it for x4 times the price!