Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

K87

I think it was Katecosycottage or Katescosyknits something like that in the end she put a massive post up showing everyone the products flora was saying where her own , and all the abuse she was getting , she deleted it all , now I think she just makes her own stuff and sells it , message her and ask Her , the bad thing about it was flora was saying she was making them for her at one spell , it was awful she was so honest about it all too

Reactions: 1

K87

Well spitspot whatever the IG handler name is; told me that she bought a load from chicwish. She has now deleted her messages and blocked me! She also deleted all her post about the cardigan!
I found them on a app called alibaba in different sizes and a lilac colour too , I see the spitspot post and she’s taken them down , she even said she had a pattern for them , but bizarre I’ve searched high and low for a pattern was going to get my Nan to make one there is no pattern !!

K87

I notice she has added to her bio the blankets are made in U.K. ‘by crotcheters’ very vague
To cover her tracks , because she knows people are on to her , it’s very misleading what she’s doing and what she’s done she’s retified the issue now by saying she’s had other crocheters making them , when she mislead people in the first place , she dusnt want the backlash as it’s well known that she isn’t making them , if she ‘mislead’ ‘trick’ whatever you want to call it , making people belive or think that they are your own handiwork , what else on her page is misleading ? Begs to differ , she is exploiting the lady who makes them , and making a small fortune herself , What where the seven deadly sins again ?

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
hello @Florafairweather! Does the woman you buy off on ebay know that you are making a ridiculous profit from her? Are you actually giving her credit for her work on your IG? It’s abit strange how you have 20k plus followers but only a few comments?

K87

MOD was what got me onto this site. Since then; a whole load of unfollowing instahuns has ensued on insta and my feed is all the better for it. I follow florafairweather as well and have to admit I've liked seeing her stories and had a fancy to buy a blanket one day. I can't understand a word she says though she mumbles so much! I'm so glad I typed her name on here; another I am unfollowing as despite not really understanding her speak I have always assumed she makes her own stuff and its always comments like had a busy day today, so only this available.
Although not quite as bad as an instamummy I think I'll unfollow as its just lies lies lies everywhere.... is there actually anyone on insta who is actually honest these days!
Exactly , I think a lot of her followers believe she makes them , until they come across this site and then it clicks , a lot of people have commented on her posts , calling her out but she blocks them , a lot of other instagrams with high followers do the same , quite sad really because at first your sucked in like I was ....

K87

How has this been allowed to go on for so long?
I think she’s tricked people by saying the items are handmade which they are but not by her .... and then the lauguage she has used like oh I’ve been busy not much blankets today and other things she’s said has made it seem as if she was making them ....

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
Exactly as I said, they’re made in different sizes by 3 freelance knitters!!!!!!

That is the same as on aliexpress and chicwish? You may be able to pull wool (pun intended) to your insta girl fans. But people will realise what you are doing. Buying for cheap and selling them as your own is false advertising.

Mum2two

I found them on a app called alibaba in different sizes and a lilac colour too , I see the spitspot post and she’s taken them down , she even said she had a pattern for them , but bizarre I’ve searched high and low for a pattern was going to get my Nan to make one there is no pattern !!
Yeah same here she never sent me it? Strange I'm not here to bitch about anyone iv only ever commented on this flora thread I cannot find a pattern anywhere so to me it's got to be wholesale which is fine just be honest. She hasn't even put anything on ig to settle a debate

Ok thank you for that, Friday I made 3/10 blankets myself so I’ll rememebr to point those exact 3 out to you in my pile on my page next week.

ALSO, a freelance knitter is NOT a wholesaler. I

K87

Yeah same here she never sent me it? Strange I'm not here to bitch about anyone iv only ever commented on this flora thread I cannot find a pattern anywhere so to me it's got to be wholesale which is fine just be honest. She hasn't even put anything on ig to settle a debate
Ye you would think she would if she had the pattern the amount of people who want the pattern she would make a fortune by selling the pattern !!

K87

Spitspot has blatantly lied, she said she had the knitting pattern and they would be handmade. Now she's backtracked and (very subtly) admitted they're bought in. They're both as bad as each other to be honest!
I’ve noticed with spitspot that most of her works looks as if she doesn’t make it the wool never matches when she shows pictures of work in progress it’s similar I think she buys in a lot and also her NaN maybe does the work for her don’t trust her page one bit

For 4 out of the 5 years of my page I have made EVERYTHING & always used to post Stories of me doing it & when I became too busy I started paying freelance knitters so I have more time to ‘play outside & read!!!’ I DO NOT still say I make them myself but sometimes believe it or not I actually do so I’ll remember to tag each one with my name for you all to see. I buy ALL the wool for my friend who puts them on eBay, pay her hourly per week & what she has leftover she makes smaller blankets than the ones in my shop & sells them on eBay & gives the money to Cats Protection. She is in her late 60’s & has been round this morning & now won’t be putting any more for sale on eBay. Presuming the worst in people is a terrible terrible trait & this world is made miserable because of threads like this.

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
I feel like a right mug! I totally thought they were handmade, her wording often implies her having handmade them. Phrases like "just finished" "another one on the go" etc. I can't think off the top of my head. What a swizz
I can’t believe she has gotten away with it for so long?!? Does she even make the pom
Poms?

Last edited: