Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
For 4 out of the 5 years of my page I have made EVERYTHING & always used to post Stories of me doing it & when I became too busy I started paying freelance knitters so I have more time to ‘play outside & read!!!’ I DO NOT still say I make them myself but sometimes believe it or not I actually do so I’ll remember to tag each one with my name for you all to see. I buy ALL the wool for my friend who puts them on eBay, pay her hourly per week & what she has leftover she makes smaller blankets than the ones in my shop & sells them on eBay & gives the money to Cats Protection. She is in her late 60’s & has been round this morning & now won’t be putting any more for sale on eBay. Presuming the worst in people is a terrible terrible trait & this world is made miserable because of threads like this.

What about those cardigans?

HoneyBee

I agree, it isn't being aired enough. It probably needs one of the bigger accounts to speak up. I've see a few I follow hint about it but if you didn't know what they were talking about you'd still be none the wiser!
Really? Who have you seen hint? What have they said?

K87

She’s obviously seen other Instagrams selling the cardigans or had a lot of ‘questions’ regarding them about the whole who made them , so now is not promoting them as much something will happen soon she’s probably trying to cover her tracks like she has been doing all along with the freelance knitters making them etc .... the shits going to hit the fan soon , if you can go so far to lie about the authentic of her items .... is the whole of her page one big lie???

K87

The business is that I paid £20 plus postage for a rainbow blanket thinking I'd got that at a 'sale' price and now I can see I could have got it on ebay for £9.05! From the same maker apparently now 🙄😡
If you got it recently send it back I’m
The business is that I paid £20 plus postage for a rainbow blanket thinking I'd got that at a 'sale' price and now I can see I could have got it on ebay for £9.05! From the same maker apparently now 🙄😡
if you purchased recently send it back , have a look in to the consumer goods acts , if your not happy return it and ask for your money back , it’s very deceitful

K87

Her followers if she admits to it people will lost a lot of respect and trust in her and begin to wonder what else is false about her page

K87

The blankets are usually uploaded every week or every 2 weeks mainly on a Saturday and she only sells a couple of each blanket then that’s it until she makes more save the seller on eBay and keep checking they do appear but they are sold out fairly quickly X

Mum2two

I can't find any cardigans in other sizes as Flora said. But spitspot is selling identical ones in other sizes too. I can't even find a crochet pattern online for the cardigans as was gonna ask my grandma to make one lol

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
So I spoke to the lady who makes the blankets she dusnt make them soley for her she just makes them and puts them eBay they always have a lot of interest but the same person seems to buy all the time ??? Never mentioned names either , I just think it’s absolute shocking that a person who dusnt crochet or knit sells on other people’s items and pretends she has and then comes up with lame excuses , there’s a lot of knitting and crocheters who actually do make them themselves and get no recognition , this lady should be ashamed she’s conning people in to thinking she made them when she never did an sorry but putting blankets up to get a new shed or whatever for her pig have you seen her house it’s just a easy way of getting rid and making money for her meanwhile her business grows and she gets to work with a lot of people for free or promotes for free , sooner this women is shown for what she really is the better !!!!!!!!!

Save all the messages and send them to ASA! They will look into it

K87

Noticed the Last few days a lot of pictures of showing how items are made on both Instagrams ... also noticed some of the items on spit spot other than the cardigans are some of the same on floras page ,, find that strange

K87

Wool crochet hook that’s it wool costs around 2 pound a ball but could get away with making around 2-3 blankets depending on the amount of colours you use and sizing

Sazzaroo

Oh no! I’m still waiting for a blanket to arrive, paid £25 plus p&p... I do really enjoy her posts and videos but wish I’d known that she doesn’t actually make the blankets herself as I wouldn’t have bought it 😢
I had visions of florafairweather crocheting away in her beautiful house... feel a bit let down ☹

K87

I looked today and found lots in different sizes Alibaba too , Katescosyknits has just put a story up about where she found them , said she’s had lots of people asking 😂 wonder why ??

I can't find any cardigans in other sizes as Flora said. But spitspot is selling identical ones in other sizes too. I can't even find a crochet pattern online for the cardigans as was gonna ask my grandma to make one lol
Alibaba sell them in lots of sizes

Attachments

Last edited:
Omg I can’t believe this!! I was genuinely going to buy a daisy blanket from her, cannot believe she just buys them and sells them on. That’s really shady. I feel like the whole of instagram is just a pretty face with a thousand skeletons in its closet!
Have you even read my reply???!!! We are talking about the rainbow blankets. I make all the daisy blankets still.

That is the same as on aliexpress and chicwish? You may be able to pull wool (pun intended) to your insta girl fans. But people will realise what you are doing. Buying for cheap and selling them as your own is false advertising.
Ah yes because Laura Ashley, cath Kidston & every other Shop in the world is sat at home alone making there stuff by themselves!!!!! I hope people soon realise what they’re doing! 😂😂😂

Has it ever occurred to any of you that maybe when her shop started out way back in 2014 she did make everything herself! Her shop has grown, just like any small business hopes to do. There comes a point where there is one of you and too many orders/enquires for orders! Therefore you get help! She has explained she pays someone to help her make the blankets, this doesn’t mean the blankets aren’t handmade, she’s simply getting some help otherwise she’d have like one blanket for sale and you’d all be moaning her shop is always sold out. If you don’t like the price...don’t buy it or don’t follow. Simple!