Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Fleur, I love Mike and I love their dynamic. They’re not showy but they’re clearly extremely in love and settled with one another and have been for years. I find so many Youtubers show off their relationships in a very flashy way but Fleur and Mike genuinely seem like lovely people with no need to flaunt anything as they’re solid.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I suspect something happened at his job that maybe pushed him over the edge. He has the same facial features and expressions in every one of her videos, but from what I did see, he seemed to enjoy his job. He wouldn't pursue higher education if he didn't feel like it was worth it.
They spoke about this on the podcast. From what I remember Mark didn't like his job and maybe had issue with some of the people he worked with.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
According to Anna, Mark helps her film and takes all her photographs. Prior to that, I think she had an actual photographer come down a few times a year and take her photos. As for the filming, I honestly haven't noticed much of a change in how she did it prior to Mark being her full-time man slave. She still films 85-90% of her content on her own. No clue who edits her videos but I'm fairly certain it's still her. I wonder if he does admin? She hasn't really spoken about it on her channel. She said she was concerned about the judgement people would give them. I have no judgement towards her, she technically works. In the beginning I thought it might all be COVID related, but she said he's been doing it for a little over a year now. I suspect something happened at his job that maybe pushed him over the edge. He has the same facial features and expressions in every one of her videos, but from what I did see, he seemed to enjoy his job. He wouldn't pursue higher education if he didn't feel like it was worth it. They seem freakishly co-dependent so that could be the other issue.

I agree with you 100% about Fleur and Mike. He is one of the few YouTube boyfriends / husbands I actually like. He's in her videos enough to feel like he's engaged and supports her, but he also lives his own life outside of all this. I respect Fleur for finding a great way to incorporate her daughter into her channel without exploiting her. River is darling, smart, and her little personality reminds me of my youngest. I must admit that I wasn't sure how well I thought she'd adjust to motherhood. But she's really done well by that kid.
Mark helps Anna with filming and edits of her videos. Anna has shown and mentioned this a few times. He edited the moving vlog and there was an earlier vlog when she was at the aribnb of mum and dad where she mentioned to Mark she had been moany and he would have to edit it out. Now I don't know if this is 100% of the content she puts out or what but I do think that's the bulk of his 'new job'. He also does work on her blog in addition to taking photos. Anna said that he uploads the photos / does all the links for her weekly edit section.

Mark has essentially taken the place of an assistant which Anna would likely have at this stage of her youtube career. I have no idea how much Anna used to pay to hire a photographer / videographer and how often she used to do this. But I guess they added that all up and felt it would be more economical for Mark to do it. We know Mark wasn't happy in his role, but I wonder if anyone has a clue as to what kind of salary he would've been on? I think it's safe to assume he wasn't well paid because they would've still wanted that income if that was the case....I think!

Reactions: 4
I think the word exploit has very negative connotations that I don't associate with Fleur. I would say the Saccone Joys exploit their children by oversharing their lives & they will need therapy when they are older because their parents have made a fortune by filming them constantly & brow beating them into performing for the camera.

Fleur has reassessed her boundaries from the first few months of being a protective new mother & not sharing anything to a more relaxed approach now where she is including her child more in her content because her content has shifted more to the lifestyle/parent/family angle which inevitably will mean filming her child and perhaps she capitalises on this time to time with ads. I don't feel she revolves her content around her child but will include her child if it fits her content which is where I see the difference in the exploitation versus a more natural healthy approach.

oh and BTW I don't doubt for a second River would be less than co-operative if she didn't want to be on camera (in the filming aspect not the contract negotiations etc)

Reactions: 33
Sorry, perhaps it is an unpopular opinion but I really don’t see why Fleur is any better than the Saccone Joly’s or any other family. They both film their children. They both include their children in sponsored ads. They both make money off their children.

The one and only difference is that you like Fleur so she gets given more of a pass. She is doing the same thing - albeit perhaps to a lesser degree, at least for now - and just because she is liked, it really doesn’t change that. Either you approve of influencers using their kids to make money or you don’t, it’s not a case of allowing some to get away with it because they’re better to watch than others.🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry, perhaps it is an unpopular opinion but I really don’t see why Fleur is any better than the Saccone Joly’s or any other family. They both film their children. They both include their children in sponsored ads. They both make money off their children.

The one and only difference is that you like Fleur so she gets given more of a pass. She is doing the same thing - albeit perhaps to a lesser degree, at least for now - and just because she is liked, it really doesn’t change that. Either you approve of influencers using their kids to make money or you don’t, it’s not a case of allowing some to get away with it because they’re better to watch than others.🤷‍♀️
No way is Fleur anywhere near as bad as the Saccone-Joly's! Those vile creeps film their children every waking minute, the kids are nothing but cash cows and the "father" purposefully takes photos or videos of the kids that could be regarded as sexualised.

Reactions: 52
I absolutely love Fleur, Mike and little River. They are a joy to watch natural, funny and not showy or braggy.

Reactions: 32
Okay I take back what I said about her fashion sense, she looks stunning in that black star dress!

Reactions: 11
I bet their childminder was buzzing to stay in their house over night. I would so be having a good noisey in every room when River went to bed

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Mike has public schoolboy written all over him

Haha, totes!

She doesn’t have to board, she can go to a posh day school, if there is one nearby.
depends on the school yeargroup, some children especially only children love boarding. Tbh i think she will at least try boarding as her dad did it. We'll see i guess.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but it could be wonderful if they bucked tradition, and sent her to the local school where she could really bond with her community and local children?
Is that her original engagement ring?
Wowzas, so big yet, so nasty? Never though diamonds would look bad, i understand it's traditional to wear the eternity ring with the wedding and engagement band but it's all too much and would so much better with the eternity on the other hand imo.
Her house is so gorgeous but it must cost an absolute fortune to heat!! I’m obviously old haha
probably a lot of cold rooms tbh, i doubt it's all heated all the time and only the rooms most used have the heating on. Kitchen, living room, bedrooms one or two bathrooms.
Sometimes her logic is killing me. In the latest vlog, she complains 10 beyond burgers are expensive (20 GBP) but her sushi ~ 10GBP (only one meal) is not?
At the end of the day, she wanted the sushi and didn't really want the burgers. Might have also hoped to be kindly gifted some...
WOW what a low key gift 😂
I assumed it was given while his parents are alive (and have to stay living for at least 7 years) to avoid paying that pesky old inheritance tax.

Yes, I'm sure. But she often mentions how her mum has underlying health issues, why would you risk it by going to London 2 weeks before Christmas, if you don't have to? Maybe I'm being too careful.
You're not! Hopefully it won't be for much longer!
Mark has essentially taken the place of an assistant which Anna would likely have at this stage of her youtube career. I have no idea how much Anna used to pay to hire a photographer / videographer and how often she used to do this. But I guess they added that all up and felt it would be more economical for Mark to do it. We know Mark wasn't happy in his role, but I wonder if anyone has a clue as to what kind of salary he would've been on? I think it's safe to assume he wasn't well paid because they would've still wanted that income if that was the case....I think!
Also kind of an embarrassing step down for him? Realistically won't he be bored and frustrated soon? And what if they separate, he will loose his job. Very insecure route to take.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’m watching her recent vlog and had to pause it to come here and say wtf are those patent leather leggings?!?!?!?!! I have no more words. Gonna continue watching the vlog now.

okay so thank God she is sending them back. why oh why would anyone order them🙈 she has actually admitted how bad it was while trying it on and even more horrible while getting it off.. okay Friends! Ross ! Leather pants! This !

• Haha
Reactions: 16

The one and only difference is that you like Fleur so she gets given more of a pass. She is doing the same thing - albeit perhaps to a lesser degree, at least for now - and just because she is liked, it really doesn’t change that. Either you approve of influencers using their kids to make money or you don’t, it’s not a case of allowing some to get away with it because they’re better to watch than others.
Fleur approaches vlogging very differently to your bog-standard family vlogger. For starters, she doesn't do it all the time. Yes River is in Fleur's vlogs. But she is literally with her 24/7 right now. She always vlogs this time of year. It would impossible to do so without occasionally seeing or hearing River in the background. River is still too young to be left unattended in another room and Mike goes to work.

To Fleur's credit, most of the time we don't actually see River straight on. She usually gets her from the side, the back, or she gives us a wide shot of what activity River is doing with them. I'm not going to get bent out of shape every time this happens. It's just the struggle that most of us with kids are going through right now. They are always there. As long as Fleur doesn't start making her daughter do tons of adverts or invade her privacy by shoving a camera in her face, expecting her to perform, I can grant her a little grace. Just a little though. ;) If River becomes less of a cameo appearance and more of a main attraction, I'm willing to bet most of will have a thing or two to say about it.

Reactions: 30
I can't warm up to mike. Aside from the pretentious vibe he gives off (to me anyway), there is something about him that makes me feel he looks nice/genuine on the outside but behind the scenes he is really not that great of a person. There were some rumours going on about him a few yrs ago (possibly on the other forum?) and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were true

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can't warm up to mike. Aside from the pretentious vibe he gives off (to me anyway), there is something about him that makes me feel he looks nice/genuine on the outside but behind the scenes he is really not that great of a person. There were some rumours going on about him a few yrs ago (possibly on the other forum?) and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were true
What were the rumours?

Don't leave us hanging!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.