Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was a lovely vlog, I thoroughly enjoyed it. She's becoming more relatable the longer she does it, unlike a lot of other UK influencers.
I remember Fleur saying her mum has (I think) lung issues, which is why she was taking it so seriously. I honestly don't think they've broken any rules.

Reactions: 29
I wonder if living in such a big place makes her miscarriages feel worse, like you’re constantly reminded of all the rooms you have spare and only 3 of you to fill the house ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I just love her vlogs. My life could not be more different to hers but she has a way of not making me feel bad about myself or what I don’t have when I watch them. I’m just happy to be a casual observer of their wonderful life!
Same! I live for her vlogs - despite their insane privilege, her content is still so cozy and welcoming. Excited for her vlogmas... I'm just happy watching the cooking/home stuff/country walks; doesn't have to be a super exciting year to be enjoyable.

Reactions: 27
I wonder if living in such a big place makes her miscarriages feel worse, like you’re constantly reminded of all the rooms you have spare and only 3 of you to fill the house ☹
I hope not, that would be seriously sad for her. Hopefully they've lived there long enough for it to feel normal being 'empty'

That was a lovely vlog, I thoroughly enjoyed it. She's becoming more relatable the longer she does it, unlike a lot of other UK influencers.
I remember Fleur saying her mum has (I think) lung issues, which is why she was taking it so seriously. I honestly don't think they've broken any rules.
It's funny, the more of the ginormous house she shows the more relatable she is! But I agree, her values and goals seem to have shifted in the recent years to be more sustainable in life despite the privilege & wealth she has and it makes her seem more humble.

Reactions: 17
I don't think I've seen her breaking any rules either, I was binging all of her vlogs while writing my thesis and she was very worried/careful.
I stopped watching her for a while because I couldn't relate to her but I rediscovered her about a year and a half ago and there's something about her videos that calms me down for some reason.

Reactions: 11
I love Fleur’s personality and her evident love for her dogs, but the reason she doesn’t grate on me is she’s rich but not newly rich, she doesn’t prance about like so many vloggers who’ve made a lot of money and need to show it off. She lives in the country but doesn’t dress up like some designer idea of what the “country set” wear. You only have to compare her boot room full of actual mud, old coats, tatty dog beds, an assortment of dirty boots etc with the gussied up versions in Lydia and Josie’s homes.

Reactions: 48
Me too, huge fan. Her vlogs are utterly relaxing. She's not showy and doesn't shove ads in your face constantly unlike some others I could mention...

Reactions: 19
Me too, huge fan. Her vlogs are utterly relaxing. She's not showy and doesn't shove ads in your face constantly unlike some others I could mention...
Saying that, I was watching through her recent vlogs the other day and felt like there were a lot more adsense ad breaks included on her video than most others that I watch. Given that it’s a conscious decision for her to schedule in those ads, it’s a bit irritating.

Reactions: 5
Saying that, I was watching through her recent vlogs the other day and felt like there were a lot more adsense ad breaks included on her video than most others that I watch. Given that it’s a conscious decision for her to schedule in those ads, it’s a bit irritating.
I heard that YouTube has upped the number of ads it randomly places into videos-I'm not sure how it works, but quite a few creators/viewers have mentioned it I've seen.

Reactions: 12
I heard that YouTube has upped the number of ads it randomly places into videos-I'm not sure how it works, but quite a few creators/viewers have mentioned it I've seen.
This is true! Pamela Reif explained this because suddenly all her videos had ads in the middle of her workouts (which she never does, bless her 😍). There’s no easy way to fix it for the content creator. If I understood her correctly Fleur would have to go through every single video and manually change it to just one ad

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She showed us the new wing again today but was very careful not to show us the room on the left & now I’m dying to know! Is it the spare room she always films in - grey carpet?!

Reactions: 6
I'm so confused with the lay out of the house :ROFLMAO: I honestly do not know what part of the house she was showing in the vlogmas episode. Is the tree in the hallway or in that ball room the had Christmas patry one year? is it next to the sitting room and the other tree?

That's what her Instagram is for, where almost every other post is AD. :)

That's what her Instagram is for, where almost every other post is AD. :)
Yeah there does seem a lot at the moment but its the time of the year when the brands want the Christmas market.

I did see another YouTuber who mentioned because of COVID loads of work got put on hold from March - August because no one knew what was happening and now the work has picked up again and the same advertisers are wanting the ads doing so they are all in quick succession.

TBH i've no problem with them, she is very consistent with the brands she works with like Armani, Lancôme, Monica Vinader, Odd Box, Garnier etc so it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: 11
If I understood her correctly Fleur would have to go through every single video and manually change it to just one ad
It doesn’t seem like a massive undertaking to manually change the new videos that you put up. Fair enough for not going through the old ones and doing it. But you could at least amend the new ones you’re putting up. That’s what other YouTubers that I watch have been doing because of this change.

Reactions: 5
This is true! Pamela Reif explained this because suddenly all her videos had ads in the middle of her workouts (which she never does, bless her 😍). There’s no easy way to fix it for the content creator. If I understood her correctly Fleur would have to go through every single video and manually change it to just one ad
OT but YouTube is ruining their platform with the excessive number of ads. (I use Adblock on my laptop but not my phone).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually had to laugh about the raving fairy being a family heirloom that Mike's mum wanted back. Love how the mother's not noticed it on their tree or it missing for ten years all this time - I'm sure she would've visited them over December at least once in the decade even though she doesn't really show the interactions with his side of the family.

My friend had a similar situation - she took some random plates and serving dishes from their attic with her to uni, kept them throughout her studies and when she moved into her first own place and had her parents over for housewarming her dad nearly tipped the food off of one of the serving platters because it was a heirloom (she didn't know, assumed attic stuff was just 'extras'. She tried to say if it was sitting in an attic unused and unnoticed nobody was giving the heirloom the respect it deserved but he wasn't having it. The platter is now back in the attic apparently 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I actually had to laugh about the raving fairy being a family heirloom that Mike's mum wanted back. Love how the mother's not noticed it on their tree or it missing for ten years all this time - I'm sure she would've visited them over December at least once in the decade even though she doesn't really show the interactions with his side of the family.

My friend had a similar situation - she took some random plates and serving dishes from their attic with her to uni, kept them throughout her studies and when she moved into her first own place and had her parents over for housewarming her dad nearly tipped the food off of one of the serving platters because it was a heirloom (she didn't know, assumed attic stuff was just 'extras'. She tried to say if it was sitting in an attic unused and unnoticed nobody was giving the heirloom the respect it deserved but he wasn't having it. The platter is now back in the attic apparently 😂🙄
Ha! If Mike was my son I’d wonder why the in laws her preference every Christmas!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.