Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess depending where you get it done, as they say some clinics might still be open, she started doing botox for about 3 years ago or before she turned 30, I noticed when her eyes expression and her eyebrows were way up, never undertood why or the need of it she was perfectly fine and had such young face, with the fillers and botox her skin might "look" younger but it aged her face structure a lot

Reactions: 4
When you're part of a family that has a successful family business, there is pressure to keep the dynasty going and pass it on to the next in line. Usually the siblings take turns till there's an old enough kid in the next generation to take over. Then they retire early.
Gosh I really wish my work-related “pressure” involved inheriting an existing, already smoothly-running and successful business! What a terribly difficult position to be in :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Instead on Botox, she could spend that money on a cuticle remover, nail oil and a good file. For someone so smug about her appearance, her hands are quite unkept. I am not talking about nail polish, since it is not necessary - altough she used to wear it all the time. I am talking dry, nasty cuticles, rough nails and hands.
Don't tell me she has a child, can't be bothered - my Mum did her nails as long as I remember!

Reactions: 2
Instead on Botox, she could spend that money on a cuticle remover, nail oil and a good file. For someone so smug about her appearance, her hands are quite unkept. I am not talking about nail polish, since it is not necessary - altough she used to wear it all the time. I am talking dry, nasty cuticles, rough nails and hands.
Don't tell me she has a child, can't be bothered - my Mum did her nails as long as I remember!
She actually goes to salons to do her nails quite often for what she said even moaned once she got kicked off from one because she went with River when the place had a strict no kids policy.

• Haha
She actually goes to salons to do her nails quite often for what she said even moaned once she got kicked off from one because she went with River when the place had a strict no kids policy.
I remember that haha, but that was 2 years ago. Tjis year, I feel like I've seen her wear nail polish maybe twice. I guess she is dependent on salon treatment then xd

This Thermomix that Fleur is a big fan of, I’ve heard that it’s an MLM. Is that true? Unlike her to flog products like that if so.

Reactions: 3
This Thermomix that Fleur is a big fan of, I’ve heard that it’s an MLM. Is that true? Unlike her to flog products like that if so.
Not really, though it does seem like an MLM scheme. You buy it by going on the Vorwerk website and fill out a form, then their local "representative" gets in touch with you and comes to your home to show you how the thing works and if you decide to buy it, you get a small voucher to get it cheaper. If you don't have the person home to show you the thing, you don't get the voucher.
I think there's also a whole thing with subscribing for recipes, but you can find recipes elsewhere.

Generally Vorwerk is a good brand with quality products, but the Thermomix thing is a fad. In the end it's just another massive monster taking up space in the kitchen and it can't do anything you can't do yourself with a pot and a pan. I have seen several programs with chefs and the conclusion is always that the same dish is much tastier when cooked the old fashioned way than with the Thermomix.

"I can't cook" isn't really a good reason either, it's simple to learn, but that's their major sales shtick along with "you're not shackled to the stove", but I don't feel really shackled to the stove when cooking regularly either...

In any case to me it is a fad, a waste of money and takes up too much space. Imo it has no redeeming qualities to justify a purchase.

Reactions: 10
With "voucher" I meant "discount", but couldn't remember the word to save my life!! 🤦‍♀️

People say how "easy" and "quick" cooking with a Thermomix is compared to the normal way, but I don't get it, you still have to wash and cut the veggies and slice the meat/fish, you have to set a certain temperature and time and then follow the instructions when to add what.

How is that any different to setting the stove at the relevant temperature and adding bits when needed and stirring occasionally?

"With the Thermomix there's less clean-up!" Well, there are a million "one pot" recipes for your regular pot...

Then the horror stories of Thermomix (or off-brand? don't remember which) downright exploding, like pressure-cookers.

Just no frikkin thanks.

I really don't get the Thermomix craze, that's gripped the world. Saw a programme of status symbols in China and people saving to come to Europe and then they shop like crazy to have these European brands and one guy in China showed off very proudly his Thermomix, "it's German engineering!" and I was just like "🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ dude you really wasted your money for a bit of status that doesn't really mean all that much..." (Some Europeans also treat it as status symbol)

Nuts.

As you can tell, I really love this new-fangled kitchen gadget 😂😂😂

Reactions: 7
With "voucher" I meant "discount", but couldn't remember the word to save my life!! 🤦‍♀️

People say how "easy" and "quick" cooking with a Thermomix is compared to the normal way, but I don't get it, you still have to wash and cut the veggies and slice the meat/fish, you have to set a certain temperature and time and then follow the instructions when to add what.

How is that any different to setting the stove at the relevant temperature and adding bits when needed and stirring occasionally?

"With the Thermomix there's less clean-up!" Well, there are a million "one pot" recipes for your regular pot...

Then the horror stories of Thermomix (or off-brand? don't remember which) downright exploding, like pressure-cookers.

Just no frikkin thanks.

I really don't get the Thermomix craze, that's gripped the world. Saw a programme of status symbols in China and people saving to come to Europe and then they shop like crazy to have these European brands and one guy in China showed off very proudly his Thermomix, "it's German engineering!" and I was just like "🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ dude you really wasted your money for a bit of status that doesn't really mean all that much..." (Some Europeans also treat it as status symbol)

Nuts.

As you can tell, I really love this new-fangled kitchen gadget 😂😂😂
I though the thermomix seemed a big dodgy. Is that selling technique their way of making it exclusive? It just come across like an MLM.

For the price, I'd expect to be able to just throw the raw ingredients in and michelin star quality food to appear after cooking - perhaps plating itself up too! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
cringing so hard seeing her clean the dog room in that faux-leather coat and full face of makeup

Unpopular opinion.
i still enjoy her vlogs 😆😆😆 I hate all influencers, I make no secret of that, but I like her vlogs 😂
possibly because at no stage of my life have I, or would I use the sentence “it’s pheasant season“ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I agree with the Thermomix comments, I don't buy the whole 'perfect gift for someone who loves cooking' spiel either. Most people I know that like cooking, like the process of it? 🤷‍♀️ probably the type of thing that would get used once in a blue moon for making soup and then take up space and gather dust on the worktop.

Is Fleur so hard up she needs to do AFF links? Unless she’s always done them? From what I understand they’re just a way to make money from links you share but I always find it strange when rich influencers (and I mean wealthy on their own outside of the influencer world) use them? It just seems greedy, but maybe that’s just me.
On the other hand she does also share discount codes for her followers, so at least there’s that.

Reactions: 1
I really like Fleur & like her vlogs but as has been said many times before her style is questionable. If she was planning on cleaning out a room for the day why did she wear that?! It looks uncomfortable. I don’t think she makes the best of herself the eyebrows, the botox...I think she’s better looking underneath both!

Reactions: 8
Is Fleur so hard up she needs to do AFF links? Unless she’s always done them? From what I understand they’re just a way to make money from links you share but I always find it strange when rich influencers (and I mean wealthy on their own outside of the influencer world) use them? It just seems greedy, but maybe that’s just me.
On the other hand she does also share discount codes for her followers, so at least there’s that.
but even if she was a millionaire ten times over why would she stop herself from making more money?
her socials are a business, I don’t like AF’s but I don’t think she should stop making money on her socials because she’s already rich 😆😆 wtf

Reactions: 16
Its how the rich stay rich. You can never have enough money.
Also, AFF links can be used to gauge your viewer reach via clicks and discount code uses etc. Its good for brands to see so not necessarily always about money. Its only a few pence per link click or a percentage fro something bought.

Reactions: 18
Fleur showed up to be greedy and stingy in some cases, I remember when she did her skincare clear out, she would keep the full bottles and give away the almost empty ones. She also doesn't like to spend on expensive skincare and make up when it comes to pull money out of her wallet. Her attitude towards money reminds me of Mr Burns 🤣, what i never buy from her is when she does her anual "what i got for my birthday" and her friends supposedly gift her expensive gifts and she then put an the affiliate links of them, always found that quite tacky and I actually doubt they are actually presents or hidden ads.

Reactions: 12
Unpopular opinion.
i still enjoy her vlogs 😆😆😆 I hate all influencers, I make no secret of that, but I like her vlogs 😂
possibly because at no stage of life have I, or would I use the sentence “it’s pheasant season“ 🤣
Same!! 😂

She might be rich, but rich people still have to earn a living to pay for food, bills, petrol, travel....

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Haven't watched the latest vlog yet but doing a luxurious gift guide and a sponsored one at that was quite the low in my opinion. I realize that nobody needs to buy the products she recommends and I also know that Fleur is other level rich and can't pretend to know what it's like to be hit financially by a pandemic. For some reason I thought she wouldnt do that one this year but the responses in the comments seemed overwhelmingly positive and grateful so maybe I'm just being a grinch :-D

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.