Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing with Fleur is as far as I can remember she's never hidden her wealth so that doesn't bother me, I used to enjoy her lockdown vlogs.
Oh I don't know, there's been a lot of "saving up for this designer bag" bollocks over the years and she was very vague about moving from the farmhouse to the mansion - I'd say she did her best to hide the extent of her wealth until relatively recently.

Reactions: 19
Thing is she has an absolute peak princess life doesn’t she
1. Doesn’t have to have an actual job
2. Rich husband
3. Rich parents and in laws who gift them property and have foreign properties she can holiday in for free. Who also seems to get on well with
4. Huge mansion (see previously gifted) complete with pool and gym
5. Online “career” which requires minimal input but means lots of freebies including premiers, experiences, luxury beauty goods, 10 Beauty scent calendars per year etc
6. Seemingly lots of kind and generous friends who buy her gifts
7. 2 children (one of each sex) she gets ample help with, slept well, ate well etc

not… jealous…at….all
I've always said I never envy these influencers because so much of the time how they portray their lives doesn't match the reality. Fleur is the exception to that imo

Reactions: 16
I've always said I never envy these influencers because so much of the time how they portray their lives doesn't match the reality. Fleur is the exception to that imo
I really do think her life is that perfect
Tbh this became even more obvious when she had some fertility struggles. I wouldn’t wish this upon anyone but I do think it’s the first thing in life she didn’t get easy. And boy did she not handle it well.

But of course it all worked out. She got her second child. “Didn’t have to pay for IVF” despite having buckets of money and she’s moved on with her life.

Same as Dubai gate and her constant need for holidays and “suffering” during covid, despite having a huge mansion complete with pool and fields to picnic in, and a play park in her garden…

Reactions: 32
I know what you mean, but I once thought the same of Nigella Lawson with her beautiful house bursting with friends, chiming freezer and life with endless yummy food… and we know how all that turned out.
I've always loved Nigella though because despite her (seemingly) charmed life she managed to across on TV as so big-sisterly and warm. Fleur often gives smug-spoiled-rich-kid-class-prat vibes...

Reactions: 9
Thing is she has an absolute peak princess life doesn’t she
1. Doesn’t have to have an actual job
2. Rich husband
3. Rich parents and in laws who gift them property and have foreign properties she can holiday in for free. Who also seems to get on well with
4. Huge mansion (see previously gifted) complete with pool and gym
5. Online “career” which requires minimal input but means lots of freebies including premiers, experiences, luxury beauty goods, 10 Beauty scent calendars per year etc
6. Seemingly lots of kind and generous friends who buy her gifts
7. 2 children (one of each sex) she gets ample help with, slept well, ate well etc

not… jealous…at….all
All I have from that list is 2 children (one of each sex) and that's worth more than all the rest of the "stuff"

Even when they're driving me round the bend 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m not into kids, a huge social life or ‘stuff’ in the form of presents, but honestly I’m most jealous of the fleet of cars they seem to be rotating through (makes sense with their family businesses). I’ve always wanted an Audi RS and a Jeep Wrangler; between her and Mike they get both lol. I couldn’t even afford to take on the financial burden of a Wrangler given they are known to have many mechanical issues.

Reactions: 7
I just envy her the leisure she has. Even her "job" is really about leisure. Trying our products, reviewing brands, going to events. She doesn't have to worry about her paychecks or about fitting in a lot of things into 24 hours. She has all the time and mental peace that comes with havingoneg and not having to work much for it.

Reactions: 22
AND, because she never depended on view numbers or sponsor income, she never had to change her content, she just does the same thing she did 10-12 years ago. She really has the easiest life of any influencer I’ve followed.
And I have to disagree with what was said upthread; I think it was always fairly obvious that she’s super rich, even in the early days. Once she started regular vlogging, everyone saw the comfortable and luxurious lifestyle she was able to afford. The family home in Portugal, all the trips abroad with friends and family, buying a massive forever home with its own lake and park at age 25; going several times to New York to buy a wedding dress, the wedding itself - I know that many ppl back then still thought she was financing this lifestyle with her YouTube income. Which I’m sure was quite massive at the time; she rose to online fame at the best time and had many brand deals plus a book and other stuff she released. But you could just tell from what she showed (often uncommented) that she came from money and never had to worry about it. The whole „I saved up for this bag“ became old very quickly.

Reactions: 25
Beside the wealth, she also has a close relationship with her family and in laws. She has it all.

Reactions: 11
I'm jealous of her money and close family because I'm skint and have no one. It ends there though for me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
So depressing to see u all fawning over her impossibly boring life. Yikes.
It does look boring and very sheltered. And she’s obsessed with her looks. Terrible fashion sense. And the huge estate is so vulgar. Why the duck you need to own all that land. You could still have a gorgeous house with plenty of room for you and your family without owning swathes of land like that. It’s obnoxious. And the piles of birthday gifts for a woman in her 30s is so sad. She gets views because she’s giving glimpses into that rich British countryside vibe. She does the odd bit of fundraising but not nearly enough considering they must be multi millionaires and that’s without her getting all the freebies and perks of being an influencer. How she still has an audience after sneaking off to Dubai during lockdown is bizarre. Showed her true entitled spoilt colours there. Couldn’t bear to stay home like the rest of us idiots. She’s not someone worth admiring. What has she done that’s worth admiring. Met a rich guy and is lady muck of the manor doing hauls on YouTube. Urgh

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She does many things that I think show how inherantly selfish she is

1. Dubaigate
2. Acting like she understands how many people felt during covid. While she “suffered” in her mansion, with pool and play park. No worries about losing your job or your life
3. Selling things on Vinted she was GIFTED. This really really annoys me. The profit should be given to charity. It’s disgusting

Reactions: 16
The jealousy is a fleeting feeling for me when I remember that I still am lucky to have what I do have, material things, money and family.

Reactions: 5
I don’t comment on Fleur’s thread much but I watched her a long time ago and then used her lockdown vlogs as a form of escapism and yeah, they made me extremely jealous because I was in a flat with no outdoor space, sitting indoors day after day like most people.

It’s easy for some to say “her life is boring you shouldn’t be jealous of it”, and lucky for them if they don’t feel jealous at all - that’s great because they must have things in their life which fulfil them and make them happy. 🥰

Jealousy is a very normal human response that we often don’t have control over. If you’re unhappy with some part of your life and you watch this woman who seemingly ‘has it all’, you might get a little green-eyed. You can say Fleur’s life is boring all you like but let’s be real, it probably isn’t. Constant trips for holidays / experiences, two kids, stable and healthy marriage (from what we see ofc), very close and supportive family, close-knit friend group which pre-dates YT, the mental freedom that comes with never having financial struggles…she doesn’t want for anything but she also has what looks like a very enriched life.

Sure, we only see what she chooses to share but I very much doubt her life is suddenly boring and horrible off camera. She doesn’t need to force anything or perform for content like a lot of basic ‘influencers’ do. I can understand not being jealous of the likes of Zoe because her life looks boring as hell even on camera. Or these people who got ‘famous’ and rich because of social media and lead very vapid, empty lives. That’s not really Fleur.

With all that being said, please don’t mistake this for a rave comment lol. I think her behaviour is gross sometimes and especially in lockdown. 😡 She is lady muck like someone said above. At the end of the day she was just born into a wealthy family and married into an even wealthier one. That’s it. The materialistic stuff would have more value if it hadn’t been handed to her on a silver platter or #gifted. I think it’s easier to feel envy over her close friends and family if that’s something which is missing from your life. I know it is from mine.

Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk lol 💕

Reactions: 36
So depressing to see u all fawning over her impossibly boring life. Yikes.
I would love her "boring" princess life instead of work stress and worrying about money. She really seems to have the most perfect life I have seen out of all the influencers.

Reactions: 20
I think it’s easier to feel envy over her close friends and family if that’s something which is missing from your life. I know it is from mine.
And it's much easier to maintain friendships and a good relationship with family if you're rich. Of course money doesn't solve all problems and you can very much argue over it, but I still think it's helping her a lot.

When it comes to day to day struggles, money can solve so many issues.

You don't need to argue with your s.o. about dirty loos, full trash bins and who needs to cut hours to watch the children because there are maids and nannies.
If you don't like the way your partner loads the dishwasher, you can just get a second one lol. Or a second kitchen. Or a second house.
Even if you don't, the possibility to do so if all else fails takes out so much stress.

You don't ever have to miss a friend's wedding because you can't afford travel costs and everything related.

A friend is having a rough time? Well you can either send expensive flowers and chocolates or just go there because neither your job, nor your children need you 24/7 because there is always other people who can take over and work is just a hobby after all.

You don't have to beg your parents or in laws to watch your children because your co worker is sick and you have to take over a shift because .. Well, you don't have to work and can easily pay people to watch your children.

Of course, you can't buy everything but you for sure can take a lot of stress out of any kind of relationship if you're rich.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
And it's much easier to maintain friendships and a good relationship with family if you're rich. Of course money doesn't solve all problems and you can very much argue over it, but I still think it's helping her a lot.

Absolutely agree with everything you said in your comment. I just didn’t want to bring the money aspect into my comment too much as it can be such a divisive and sensitive topic, but everything you said is so true.

I hate the phrase “money can’t buy you happiness” because let’s be real there’s a lot of people who would be a damn sight happier if they could afford basic essentials at the moment, never mind anything else. Money is the root of so much stress and worry for so many people. It’s very sad. I know I’d feel a heck of a lot better if I had any disposable income, or a home of my own rather than renting a disgusting flat in a horrible area and still struggling to save anything. So I feel absolutely overwhelmed with envy when I watch Fleur for various reasons. I actually forced myself to stop watching because it was making me feel like utter tit. 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's so disappointing to see Fleur selling so much on Vinted, especially when it's only for a few pounds! I'm all for reusing and being sustainable but you'd think she could give some of the baby bits especially to a local charity/women's shelter etc!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.