Fleur De Force #7 Oh hey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she doesn’t mind that she lost viewers over Dubai, she was done with YouTube long before that. Plus, the Dubai issue was all Instagram, not YouTube.

Sorry I unsubscribed about 5 years ago lol what happened in Dubai?

Glad she's leaving YT 'for now' also, bye bye boring
In short: She flew to Dubai during lockdown after christmas, lied about it and posted a picture making it seem as if she was at home. But she was spotted by several people in Dubai and that’s how it came out. People did not appreciate that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also don't think any of this had anything to do with Dubai. Doubt she cared about it a day after. She has just been done with yt for a long time and it showed.

I think she'll regret stepping away from youtube when she's struggling to flog that jewellery. Her videos haven't been working for a long time but it's interesting to see a lot of people here say that they still enjoyed her vlogs, which I agree with too. She should have transitioned to just vlogs and use that as a way to include the jewellery.

Reactions: 17
Am I the only one who thinks Fleur’s hair is getting a bit ridiculous! If it gets any higher she’ll be as tall as Ashley Banjo! I thought it thought gorgeous on X Factor but now it looks a joke!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She wants to keep the door open in regards to returning to YouTube because if she rules out retuning completely, and then the platform gets a boost and becomes popular and lucrative again, she will have shot herself in the foot. Her Instagram post today has annoyed me too. Tagging her new brand in her “thanks for your lovely comments about me leaving” post is just so obvious and beggy

Reactions: 15
Personally I don’t think it’s all about the money to her. She’s got plenty of that. It’s about the relevancy, brand trips, and the feeling of Christmas everyday when she opens her PO Box. She’ll still have that because of Instagram, so why put in the effort with YouTube. Secondly, she’s always been withholding to “punish” her viewers. The last time she got this much backlash is when she pretended to forget to reveal River’s name. So instead of just revealing it, she baited people and passively aggressively responded to comments on social media. She’s getting off on the fact that her critics will miss glimpses into her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Why do people get filler in their nose? It looks totally out of proportion on that latest post.

She is right to call it just a break so she can change her mind for the right price or opportunity but wouldn't be surprised it if she doesn't come back.

Jewelry looks meh? Wouldn't have noticed it if she didn't point it out. Looks like Estee Lalondes stuff. Wonder if the quality will be better?

Like what other people said, I don't think fleur seems particularly grateful for what she has. I think Fleur needs a gratitude journal. I never have wanted kids, so maybe my view is skewed. But I think about all the people I know and have met with fertility struggles and how just having one kid would be such a dream for them. Whenever I've met or heard about people having fertility struggles after their first or second baby and they say stuff like "our family wont be complete until we have X number of children" it just comes off so tone deaf to all the people out there who can't have kids and can't afford to adopt or fertility treatments. Like even as a child of those parents how awful to have your parents exclaim that you alone are not enough for them.

Like I said maybe I don't get it bci don't want kids. But also life isn't always fair. Fleur already has so much more than so many people in the world. I do hope she can have another kid since she so clearly wants one but I think she also needs to be happy with what she already has. The rest of us normal people have to settle for that, why should she be any different?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She is so privileged and lucky that this is probably the first time in her life where she wants something and she can’t have it. Not to minimise or take away from her fertility struggles, no doubt it’s hard. But she doesn’t strike me as the most resilient type. The rest of us get knocks and bumps throughout life and have experienced life’s cruelty. We become resilient through challenging times, whereas I get the impression she has simply sailed through life. I think this is the first time she is experiencing how unfair life can really be, but she is so lucky in many other ways. She has it all really. More than most of us could wish for

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I always thought BrideDeForces husband looked like one of those dry stone wall guys..another couple that do nothing but have the big house, flash over the top cars and land for literally doing nothing in return.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like after she did that huge thing about 7 years on YT her channel kinda tanked. I watched more out of habit than enjoyment.

Reactions: 3
Like what other people said, I don't think fleur seems particularly grateful for what she has. I think Fleur needs a gratitude journal. I never have wanted kids, so maybe my view is skewed. But I think about all the people I know and have met with fertility struggles and how just having one kid would be such a dream for them. Whenever I've met or heard about people having fertility struggles after their first or second baby and they say stuff like "our family wont be complete until we have X number of children" it just comes off so tone deaf to all the people out there who can't have kids and can't afford to adopt or fertility treatments. Like even as a child of those parents how awful to have your parents exclaim that you alone are not enough for them.

Like I said maybe I don't get it bci don't want kids. But also life isn't always fair. Fleur already has so much more than so many people in the world. I do hope she can have another kid since she so clearly wants one but I think she also needs to be happy with what she already has. The rest of us normal people have to settle for that, why should she be any different?
I don’t agree. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want a second child. I really wanted a second child for my first to have a sibling who I hope will be a playmate & support for life. I don’t think it means River isn’t enough for them.
After two I don’t have as much sympathy for infertility & to some people that probably sounds hard but I think after one & a sibling ie two further children are a luxury particularly given the climate crisis. However I do understand why some people might want another sibling for their kids or a gender.

I struggle to have any significant sympathy for someone like Jules Oliver who seems to desperately want a 6th child. She has a charmed life & 5 healthy children. 5! She strikes me as a woman approaching menopause who needs to deal with that. As someone who loved having babies & loves having kids I get it but equally I think in your 40s with 5 kids you need to come up terms with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t agree. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want a second child. I really wanted a second child for my first to have a sibling who I hope will be a playmate & support for life. I don’t think it means River isn’t enough for them.
After two I don’t have as much sympathy for infertility & to some people that probably sounds hard but I think after one & a sibling ie two further children are a luxury particularly given the climate crisis. However I do understand why some people might want another sibling for their kids or a gender.

I struggle to have any significant sympathy for someone like Jules Oliver who seems to desperately want a 6th child. She has a charmed life & 5 healthy children. 5! She strikes me as a woman approaching menopause who needs to deal with that. As someone who loved having babies & loves having kids I get it but equally I think in your 40s with 5 kids you need to come up terms with that.
But that sounds like that’s because to you, 2 children is clearly the ‘ideal’. Whereas some people are so desperate for just one child and then they see people with one child, complaining about struggling to have another, and those people complaining don’t always seem to see how much of a slap in the fact that can be (either that or they don’t care, who knows). Fleur and Mike fall firmly in to that category

Reactions: 21
But that sounds like that’s because to you, 2 children is clearly the ‘ideal’. Whereas some people are so desperate for just one child and then they see people with one child, complaining about struggling to have another, and those people complaining don’t always seem to see how much of a slap in the fact that can be (either that or they don’t care, who knows). Fleur and Mike fall firmly in to that category
Don’t get me wrong I completely get that it is probably very hard for someone who has no children 100%. But a lot of people struggle with secondary infertility & it think it’s unfair to them to expect them to constantly acknowledge they have a child already. They are struggling too. I know someone who couldn’t have a second & really struggled with her child being an only child.
Why can’t we have sympathy for both?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I can't believe she announced she is leaving youtube and releasing a jewelry brand only yesterday but already this thread has died down and we are talking about pregnancy. Lol

How old is River? Lots of people try for years and it may happen yet. If it is a hormone issue she could makes some lifestyle changes. Not saying it would work but I know some people who stopped using cosmetics, dying their hair and drinking and stuff and it worked. Took years and they have a very "organic" lifestyle now. The amount of crap we put on ourselves, me included, must make a difference and Fleur is dripping in it. Her veganish diet caused issues too right?

There were claims that she left River to go on a youtube trip when she was a very very small baby. I wonder does she regret working so much now seeing as she is having trouble? Might play into her decision to quit.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
The jewellery looks to be more moon and stars shite. Hasn’t this already been done like a MILLION times by others

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't believe she announced she is leaving youtube and releasing a jewelry brand only yesterday but already this thread has died down and we are talking about pregnancy. Lol

How old is River? Lots of people try for years and it may happen yet. If it is a hormone issue she could makes some lifestyle changes. Not saying it would work but I know some people who stopped using cosmetics, dying their hair and drinking and stuff and it worked. Took years and they have a very "organic" lifestyle now. The amount of crap we put on ourselves, me included, must make a difference and Fleur is dripping in it. Her veganish diet caused issues too right?

There were claims that she left River to go on a youtube trip when she was a very very small baby. I wonder does she regret working so much now seeing as she is having trouble? Might play into her decision to quit.
Fleur has openly said she has thyroid issues which will obviously massively affect her hormones. I don't think it's down to her choice of lipstick.

Reactions: 34
Fleur has openly said she has thyroid issues which will obviously massively affect her hormones. I don't think it's down to her choice of lipstick.
Of course not but I'd try anything if I was desperate to conceive. And lifestyle changes do help with thyroid issues for many.

The jewelry looks quite chunky so if it is real gold it will be very expensive. The image they just put out has the model's dress hanger hook thing showing so I don't have high hopes for their attention to detail

Just chipping in my own experience of secondary infertility, prior to having a miscarriage with my second I was fairly accepting that I might only have one child and felt incredibly lucky to have conceived so easily with my first. But after preparing for a second baby and my first born getting excited about being a big brother, once that was taken away from us the struggle to conceive again was more emotionally exhausting.

No it's not comparable with wondering if you'll ever be able to have a child, but I don't think we can devalue people's struggles because other people have it worse- otherwise no one could complain about anything.

I definitely think she's made a good calling time on YouTube though, too many people are stuck in that churn of pointless content and people like Fleur stopped being relatable a long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.