Fleur De Force #7 Oh hey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That seemed very emotional and heartfelt but actually was extremely calculating.

She announced is stepping back right before she launches her brand to increase interest. Why not announce it in the new year? It is because it is a marketing strategy.

She mentioned she has been working on her own brand for 10 months and that she choose not to go with a brand collaboration that had been in talks for a couple of years. Coincidence that this new brand came about right after Dubai? No, I'd say the other company pulled the plug on any deal.

It was edited but sill left in clips of her crying while being coy on purpose to gain sympathy. If you don't want to talk about it don't bring it up, she was completely comfortable to leave out the elephant in the room which is the Dubai trip and trolling.

Also River and Raven? Seriously? I don't actually think she would have used that name and it is just a name she liked but wouldn't use with River. She is tacky but I don't think she is matching names tacky.
Yep. I'd have respected her more if she'd done this in the new year. Now it comes across as she wants people to watch the videos coming up because they might be her last... but they might not. But oh hey! Watch them!

She could have just said it won't be a regular thing, she might pop up once in a while, depending on what she has to share. Which I assume is what will happen anyways. If she has jewelry to shill, she might go back and share some videos.

I don't know, this video said nothing. It's like "goodbye, but not goodbye, but maybe goodbye, perhaps, but I feel like I might come back, but who knows? It's not forever, but yeah," So, if she doesn't know... then what was the point of the video?

I do think she's right to step back, her videos have become super basic, she's basically a billboard for things she herself doesn't wear or things that are out of budget for most people, she has her fertility struggles, she doesn't need the money, etc. This just felt so... not like a goodbye or like a break or anything.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
That seemed very emotional and heartfelt but actually was extremely calculating.

She announced is stepping back right before she launches her brand to increase interest. Why not announce it in the new year? It is because it is a marketing strategy.

She mentioned she has been working on her own brand for 10 months and that she choose not to go with a brand collaboration that had been in talks for a couple of years. Coincidence that this new brand came about right after Dubai? No, I'd say the other company pulled the plug on any deal.

It was edited but sill left in clips of her crying while being coy on purpose to gain sympathy. If you don't want to talk about it don't bring it up, she was completely comfortable to leave out the elephant in the room which is the Dubai trip and trolling.

Also River and Raven? Seriously? I don't actually think she would have used that name and it is just a name she liked but wouldn't use with River. She is tacky but I don't think she is matching names tacky.
Exactly. She registered the new brand on March 31st.

Pure clickbait. “Goodbye for 2022” Sorry but most of us already said goodbye.

Reactions: 16
The name James is in a lot of brands already, it feels so overdone. The Olsen twins started it with Elizabeth and James, Reese Witherspoon has a brand called Draper James. As mentioned above Kristin Cavallari’s brand is Uncommon James.. it seems a bit done now at this stage and Fleur’s logo is very River Island

• Wow
Reactions: 26
At least she admitted she's been phoning it in for at least 4 years.

Raven James is a horrible baby name, without wishing to dump on her infertility struggle.

Reactions: 18
Has there been speculation about her relationship with Mike? Found it odd that she had to specify they are not getting a divorce

Reactions: 5
She backtracked quite a few times in that video. I’m quitting, I won’t be making videos anymore... I’m not quitting forever I’m just taking a break.. She doesn’t seem to know what she wants, tbh. I don’t think this will be the end of her YouTube either. She will be back next year, I’d bet my life on it. She will never give up the Christmas content on YouTube she makes good money from that. Also very clever of her to drop in the news that she’s launching a brand during that video that she knows will get lots of views..

She gets very emotional talking about fertility. Do you think she has been told she will not be able to have any more kids?
I really feel for her but I think because she's been extremely fortunate in life it has probably been a struggle to get her head round not conceiving as soon as they started trying. I think River was conceived straight away. I do really hope they have some luck soon. You can see how much she loves being a mum.

Reactions: 12
Has there been speculation about her relationship with Mike? Found it odd that she had to specify they are not getting a divorce
Yes...I thought it was interesting and also the fact she said they were 'fine'. Not great, or good, or anything positive. Just 'fine'. I know of several couples who have split up because of the stress of fertility struggles.

Thought this was such a hollow video. She's all teary and emotional and then at 6:23 she's all smiles and happy. Crocodile tears. So transparent. What a calculated madam.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I don’t think there are problems with Mike, but her struggles to have a baby are clearly really having an impact on her and no doubt both of them.

I do thinkshe’s leaving YouTube because her channel just isn’t making enough money to make it worth staying around, but she won’t miss out on those sponsored Christmas uploads 😐

Reactions: 25
I don’t think her brand launch has any place in that video tbh. A casual mention of her launching it would have been fine but it went from goodbye, to tears, to fertility struggles, to BUT IM LAUNCHING A BRAND! Yippee! It felt a bit.. manipulative? It was a “goodbye” video but she spent most of it talking about the brand and for me that seems a bit calculated because she knew there would be lots of eyes on it and probably even media write ups about it.. “Fleur announces she is leaving YouTube ahead of new brand launch”.. etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Well this is proof anyway that she didn't get away with lying to her audience and there are sometime repercussions for selfish actions even if you are as privileged as Fleur.

I feel like her saying she was dialing in it for the past few years is also a bit of self preservation. Its like she's saying she would have quit now anyway which I don't believe. She got rave reviews for her lockdown vlogs and even if youtube is on the way out everyone knows that you need diversified platforms to support an overall brand. She was pushed into this decision.

Also to whoever said the range will have to be solid gold or it will be just another influencer brand that won't last is 100% correct. No such thing as sustainable gold plated jewelry. I wonder what the price point will be.

Reactions: 16
I honestly think she's just gonna be early in a decently long line of influencers quitting (Ingrid and kind of Tati are the only two in Fleur's circle who I can think have taken a step back). I can see people like The Anna Edit and Lily Pebbles going down the same path eventually.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think her brand launch has any place in that video tbh. A casual mention of her launching it would have been fine but it went from goodbye, to tears, to fertility struggles, to BUT IM LAUNCHING A BRAND! Yippee! It felt a bit.. manipulative? It was a “goodbye” video but she spent most of it talking about the brand and for me that seems a bit calculated because she knew there would be lots of eyes on it and probably even media write ups about it.. “Fleur announces she is leaving YouTube ahead of new brand launch”.. etc.
Spot on! The juxtaposition made the whole thing seem like a cheap marketing ploy. Of course, her thick as bricks followers are all fawning over her in the comments. I've met Fleur a few times and she is a nasty piece of work.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Spot on! The juxtaposition made the whole thing seem like a cheap marketing ploy. Of course, her thick as bricks followers are all fawning over her in the comments. I've met Fleur a few times and she is a nasty piece of work.
In what way? What was she like?

I would love to have been on the zoom call where a a director of a jewelry company said listen Fleur because of this Dubai debacle we are not going to release your star themed collection. Good luck to ya!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I honestly think she's just gonna be early in a decently long line of influencers quitting (Ingrid and kind of Tati are the only two in Fleur's circle who I can think have taken a step back). I can see people like The Anna Edit and Lily Pebbles going down the same path eventually.
Tanya Burr and The Chapman Sisters have both quit YouTube. Niomi Smart barely uploads these days. I can see others following suit as IG - rather than YouTube - is where the money is these days.

. I've met Fleur a few times and she is a nasty piece of work.
Tell us more!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.