Fleur De Force #7 Oh hey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m certain with river they conceived immediately, she said it in a YouTube video as she’d gone to coachella and I think it was around that time she got pregnant. If she’s putting a lot of pressure on, it can have the opposite effect and often couples will say when they stop obsessing about falling pregnant it happens. She’s very lucky in that IVF is such an easy option for them financially.
Yeah, she mentioned that she got pregnant with River on her first try. She said her mum has said to relax/stop obsessing about getting pregnant but Fleur said this is not the kind of advice she wants to hear.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, she mentioned that she got pregnant with River on her first try. She said her mum has said to relax/stop obsessing about getting pregnant but Fleur said this is not the kind of advice she wants to hear.
I can understand not wanting that type of advice, it comes from a good place but it isn’t helpful. It’s the same when people suggest adoption as an alternative, adoption isn’t just an alternative way to have a child.

I don’t really like Fleur much, I think she is pretty snobby and would absolutely look down on others but being sad about not conceiving doesn’t make her ungrateful for the child she has. As someone who is not able to have another child myself, I can empathise with her because it is upsetting not to be able to have the family you hoped for even if you already have one or more children. Her feelings are her own and are probably magnified by the fact that she has always had life pretty easy and has always been able to have the things she wants.

i hope that they are able to grow their family, they seem to be good loving parents.

Reactions: 20
My eyes rolled so far back in my head at that last part.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can understand not wanting that type of advice, it comes from a good place but it isn’t helpful.
Yeah, that's pretty much what she was saying. I'm not sure her mum will appreciate her saying it on a podcast, though. She kind of singled out her mum here. I mean, for all I know her mum is fine with it. I'm sure she's well used to Fleur!

Reactions: 5
I bet she’s been raging around her mansion like a spoiled brat for months. How dare she not get pregnant immediately again... Fertility issues suck but it’s how you handle them that shows the person within.

Reactions: 11
She definitely got pregnant first go with River and was pretty smug about it. I was trying at the same time and it took her entire pregnancy, birth, month off and then a few more months before we managed it. I had to stop watching!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I was just browsing a thread on here called "influencers you've met in real life" and saw this. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
I've met her a few times - most recently at her book launch which was in a hotel in St James's. She was haughty, condescending, and unpleasant. Her mother is lovely. I couldn't care less about her secondary infertility - I would care if she was a nice person, but I don't think she is, and I think she deserves her comeuppance.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
She definitely got pregnant first go with River and was pretty smug about it. I was trying at the same time and it took her entire pregnancy, birth, month off and then a few more months before we managed it. I had to stop watching!
I remember being pissed off at her smugness around how easy it was to get pregnant, stay pregnant, and how easy the pregnancy was etc and that she got everything she wanted: a girl, born around Christmas, yada yada. I wasn’t (and still am not) someone who is trying to have a family and it still annoyed me so I can only imagine how much it annoyed her viewers who were struggling with such issues at the time

• Sad
Reactions: 23
i've met Fleur too, she definitely seems a little distant and above others in a way. Has anyone noticed that if one person says something, she will disagree just to seem different or special? Alternatively she has also said she can be quite shy which can come accross as aloofness

Reactions: 2
It always pissed me off that she always moaned and still does about LSE, like girl you managed to get in and didn't worry about getting in any debt because mum and dad would pay up front. She is such an ungrateful person and what her mum says about stop obsessing is actually true not only for pregnancy but life in general if you start to think on the lack well you get even more lack of it, but that's her issue she is so used of getting everything she wants the way she wants and is so manipulative that the fact this time is not happening is driving her mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Right can she have a bit of perspective here. I didn't know some of those details. Obviously it is very sad but everyone knows now how common miscarriage is. Around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. And you are not classified as having fertility trouble where I live until you have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years. I know she has had issues for more than 10 months but people are talking as if she has had a particularly rough time and we should be really sorry for her. Sounds pretty normal to me unfortunately.

And with the jewelry. I imagine it is literally the same stuff as other influencers brands as they are made in the same factories.

Reactions: 9
Right can she have a bit of perspective here. I didn't know some of those details. Obviously it is very sad but everyone knows now how common miscarriage is. Around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. And you are not classified as having fertility trouble where I live until you have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years. I know she has had issues for more than 10 months but people are talking as if she has had a particularly rough time and we should be really sorry for her. Sounds pretty normal to me unfortunately.
I’m sure she’ll also go private for IVF so get treatment immediately unlike us commoners who have to have been trying for a certain amount of time and then sit on a waiting list for years before even getting a first appointment! But of course I’m sure she’ll be filled with gratitude that she has the funds for that… not

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Reminds me of Lily tit all Pebbles

so ungrateful about how it easy it was for her to conceive both times and now she’ll have a girl and a boy, I kind of got the feeling she threw this in Fleur’s face bwcause Fleur mentioned her issue conceiving naturally and then this bimbo says Im pregnant again so easy!

Two very ungrateful women

Reactions: 17
I’m sure she’ll also go private for IVF so get treatment immediately unlike us commoners who have to have been trying for a certain amount of time and then sit on a waiting list for years before even getting a first appointment! But of course I’m sure she’ll be filled with gratitude that she has the funds for that… not
But with IVF there are no warranties of anything either, I know plenty of couples who tried many times and never worked, Cher Webb recently tried and failed in the first stage.

Not sure how it works as I don't want kids myself, but isn't different to get pregnant and then suffer miscarriages over and over again than not being able to get pregnant at all?

Reactions: 4
But with IVF there are no warranties of anything either, I know plenty of couples who tried many times and never worked, Cher Webb recently tried and failed in the first stage.

Not sure how it works as I don't want kids myself, but isn't different to get pregnant and then suffer miscarriages over and over again than not being able to get pregnant at all?
I don’t know for sure as I stopped followed Fleur but I’ve gathered that the reason they think she couldn’t stay pregnant was because of her thyroid issues, and those issues have now been resolved, so it shouldn’t stop her staying pregnant if she falls pregnant.

But it sounds like she hasn’t managed to conceive naturally in the 10 months since her thyroid issue was resolved (which isn’t even that long tbf, they say you should seek assistance if you’ve been unsuccessful for a year of trying, most people struggling to conceive will have been trying for much longer than 10 months).

So she’s getting impatient and stamping her feet and maybe going to try IVF to conceive because Princess Fleur can’t possibly have to wait any longer for something she wants.

I think she needs to be hit with a good dose of reality, even this struggle doesn’t seem to have opened her eyes much, she’s still all “me me me”.

Reactions: 15
I’m always really suspicious of these accounts where people claimed to have served xyz and they came across rude. Usually when you press them on it, it’s not that the person has said anything to make them rude, rather they just came across rude..
I’m sure Fleur isn’t a bundle of smiles and “hello everyone” to everyone she meets. She probably just goes in to order a coffee, taps her card and says thanks and goes about her day like the rest of us. I’m sure most of us come across rude if that’s the case, only nobody is going to take to twitter to document that because we are nobodies 😆 unless she was outwardly rude and said something awful then I’d take most of those accounts with a pinch of salt. Maybe she was having a bad day.. who knows.

Reactions: 18
I’m always really suspicious of these accounts where people claimed to have served xyz and they came across rude. Usually when you press them on it, it’s not that the person has said anything to make them rude, rather they just came across rude..
I’m sure Fleur isn’t a bundle of smiles and “hello everyone” to everyone she meets. She probably just goes in to order a coffee, taps her card and says thanks and goes about her day like the rest of us. I’m sure most of us come across rude if that’s the case, only nobody is going to take to twitter to document that because we are nobodies 😆 unless she was outwardly rude and said something awful then I’d take most of those accounts with a pinch of salt. Maybe she was having a bad day.. who knows.
There have been numerous examples of her (and Mike) having been like that though. Personally I don’t think it’s that difficult to give even a small smile and say thank you in a friendly voice to someone serving you

Reactions: 13

And with the jewelry. I imagine it is literally the same stuff as other influencers brands as they are made in the same factories.
I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, but I have to say I was kind of surprised that they were considering going the IVF route already. Maybe there is more to the story than Fleur mentioned on the podcast. She did say that they've basically been trying for two and a half years - the ten months is since she got her thyroid sorted.

I used to follow another vlogger, Laura Bradshaw, who I remember had multiple miscarriages. I'm not sure if she vlogs anymore but she is on IG. I just checked on her today after listening to Fleur on the podcast and unfortunately her struggles continue. She has been trying to have a baby for years now - She's has had four miscarriages followed by three years of infertility. Like Fleur, she was once able to conceive, but now no longer can. She is starting down the IVF route now. She has also discovered she has stage 4 endometriosis.

• Heart
I don’t know for sure as I stopped followed Fleur but I’ve gathered that the reason they think she couldn’t stay pregnant was because of her thyroid issues, and those issues have now been resolved, so it shouldn’t stop her staying pregnant if she falls pregnant.

But it sounds like she hasn’t managed to conceive naturally in the 10 months since her thyroid issue was resolved (which isn’t even that long tbf, they say you should seek assistance if you’ve been unsuccessful for a year of trying, most people struggling to conceive will have been trying for much longer than 10 months).

So she’s getting impatient and stamping her feet and maybe going to try IVF to conceive because Princess Fleur can’t possibly have to wait any longer for something she wants.

I think she needs to be hit with a good dose of reality, even this struggle doesn’t seem to have opened her eyes much, she’s still all “me me me”.
I get the impression they have been trying for longer than ten months, its just that her thyroid issues have been better the last 10 months. Also, it depends on age too, im not exactly sure of fleurs age, but if she is nearing mid thirties there is more urgency.

To be fair, in sure every single month for anyone trying to conceive is like a kick in the gut.

I get the impression they have been trying for longer than ten months, its just that her thyroid issues have been better the last 10 months. Also, it depends on age too, im not exactly sure of fleurs age, but if she is nearing mid thirties there is more urgency.
Yeah it has been longer but her inability to stay pregnant before that was because of the thyroid apparently, so that’s “explained”. I think unexplained infertility is hard because there’s no rhyme or reason. But it’s only been 10 months of that, if that, which isn’t actually that long. I genuinely think tv and movies have people thinking that it’s much more straightforward to get pregnant than it is for many women and in cases such as Fleur’s, it sounds a bit naive

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.