Five Two Love Scott Family Quintuplets

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LewLew, Olliebear said earlier she made a mistake with the name

Reactions: 1
Didn't see it

QUOTE="Catt, post: 8436341, member: 63746"]
LewLew, Olliebear said earlier she made a mistake with the name
[/QUOTE]

@MrsSlocombe i think that is way too harsh. It would be impossible for one family to have five babies or even toddlers and not have both parents home, I don’t feel they were exploiting their kids, they were always respectful and asked the older kids if they wanted to be in the vlogs. I think they just did the best they could in a fairly intense, demanding and unusual situation.
Unfortunately they are exploiting their children. All family vloggers do. The question to ask yourself is "if the children weren't in the vlogs would they have a channel?". This family especially really wouldnt have a channel. They vlogged a pregnancy, the NICU and it just continued. For 4yrs they have solely used their children as an income. The older 2 although are older, still are unable to consent. Asking whether you want to be in a vlog is totally different to knowing and understanding what consenting to all privacy and dignity being lost and on the internet forever. The older 2 now have to deal with the world knowing their parents have separated. They will probably get asked highly personal questions about whats happened as if its not already hard enough.
I appreciate what you are saying about then being in a demanding situation and doing their best, but truth be told if they were doing their absolute best, there would be no vlogs or content. Imagine having to car for 5 toddlers and trying to get enough content for a vlog, just giving them selves extra unnecessary stress.
All family vloggers should be demonetised in my opinion to prevent the exploitation of minors who simply can not consent. However i fully respect your opinion, this is just mine. X

Reactions: 7
Imagine being a preschooler, falling asleep in the car, being woken up and brought into the house where your Dad now lives, and then having a camera jammed in your face because your father needs to earn some money. I'm going with the assumption that Jamie was fed up with the vlogs and told her husband to get a job yet he refused. Yes, 5 kids plus 2 older ones are a handful but there is no need for both parents to be home 24/7. Why does Skyler need help to redo a playroom? Is there a reason he needs another adult around when he has the kids. I also feel incredibly sorry for the 2nd oldest son who always has a smile on his face and is so helpful to his siblings yet things must be so hard for him watching his parents marriage implode.

Reactions: 6
Imagine being a preschooler, falling asleep in the car, being woken up and brought into the house where your Dad now lives, and then having a camera jammed in your face because your father needs to earn some money. I'm going with the assumption that Jamie was fed up with the vlogs and told her husband to get a job yet he refused. Yes, 5 kids plus 2 older ones are a handful but there is no need for both parents to be home 24/7. Why does Skyler need help to redo a playroom? Is there a reason he needs another adult around when he has the kids. I also feel incredibly sorry for the 2nd oldest son who always has a smile on his face and is so helpful to his siblings yet things must be so hard for him watching his parents marriage implode.
I agree I would think it was weird that Whitney was there with him- almost like supervised visitation, but they have spent the quints whole lives like this. They always need help to the point that it seems above and beyond. I bet Jamie has help as well. Maybe Whitney is going back and forth between the two.

It’s interesting reading people’s perspectives on this, I personally don’t see anything strange with Whitney being there as she has been a big help all the way through plus it was Skylar’s birthday and she is his niece after all.

I don’t think they exploit their kids, especially not like a certain autism father who is constantly filming. At least the Scott’s vlogs are only twice a week.

Reactions: 3
It’s interesting reading people’s perspectives on this, I personally don’t see anything strange with Whitney being there as she has been a big help all the way through plus it was Skylar’s birthday and she is his niece after all.

I don’t think they exploit their kids, especially not like a certain autism father who is constantly filming. At least the Scott’s vlogs are only twice a week.
Those 5 kids have been generating the family's only income since they were born. How on earth can you not think that that is exploiting them?

Reactions: 7
Good to see Jamie back with little grandma.

seems to be okay with the vlogging after all.
Vlogging is income. Shame on both her and Skylar for keeping on doing it - even if their separation has been amicable, it is still a traumatic situation for the kids to process and get used to. It makes them using their kids for income still, even more unacceptable.

Reactions: 5
It is kind of ironic how people on here go on about vloggers exploiting their kids, yet they obviously support them by watching their content!
A weird double standard.

Reactions: 3
It is kind of ironic how people on here go on about vloggers exploiting their kids, yet they obviously support them by watching their content!
A weird double standard.
Don't make assumptions. As I said earlier in the thread I used to watch them (and several other family vloggers) three years or so ago when the quints were babies. I came to the realisation after a while that the exploitation of kids was wrong (yes - I should have realised from the outset). I haven't watched them for at least 18 months or so, but noticed the thread here, so started reading. I do admit to skimming through the vlog where Skylar announced their separation - it's obvious from the vlog titles and thumbnails (without even watching them), that they have continued to use the quints for income. It's even more wrong now given the trauma of their parents separating.

Reactions: 4
I understand your view Mrs S but I think they are better and more respectful than a lot of vloggers out there, they don’t ram a videocamera in their kids face 24/7 and it’s just a small snippet of a day.

As their split had shown, who knows what happens behind closed doors they may have to go back to work and i am sure there will come a day where the kids will say the don’t want to be filmed

Reactions: 2
I understand your view Mrs S but I think they are better and more respectful than a lot of vloggers out there, they don’t ram a videocamera in their kids face 24/7 and it’s just a small snippet of a day.

As their split had shown, who knows what happens behind closed doors they may have to go back to work and i am sure there will come a day where the kids will say the don’t want to be filmed
Curious to know why you think they are not exploiting their children for an income. If the children were not in the vlog do they still have content and a vlog????? No is the answer so therefore thats very clear that the children are being used as an income and they have done for nearly 4yrs now. That is simply exploiting their children. I respect you opinion but sadly they are just as bad as another other family vlogger.

So until their nearly 4 year olds are old enough to say no more filming, it's okay to use them for income? They are definitely no better at all than any other family vlogger - in fact if anything they are worse - the quints not only have to deal with the somewhat unusual situation of being quints, but one day they will also realise that because they were a bit of a curiousity they were also responsible for earning the family's income.

Reactions: 1
They are definitely not worse.

We can agree to disagree I can’t be arsed with it. I continue to watch their vlogs

In my opinion Jamie was flirting with the camera/crowd a little much in the last video I watched with her buying flowers