Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Loouie

It's distasteful how both Jamie and Skylar click bait their personal lives for income.
I too find it distasteful that what was a family blog (that still didn't sit right with me how much the children were exposed for income), has now become this with all the dating stories etc

Reactions: 1

gossipygertie

Hmmm…especially missing the quints first day of school, not great form Skylar!
And Jamie took Shayden to college and helped him get set up. Skylar has been a bit MIA lately.
---
Oh what’s the chances he returns to social media in a while, discussing his mental health and his “journey” and the time out he needed. Along with more tatts and a massive beard.

On a side note it was funny in the vid about the first day of school, one of the girls didn’t like the massive bow and wanted it taken out! Even at 5 they know they are too much.

mfch

I was absolutely team Skyler but you know what, I think I've changed my mind.

He's a basket case and seems to be floundering. Jamie still seems very measured, everything is clean and neat, and she's there doing the work while he's in Costa Rica 'finding himself'

I can't believe these nice mormons got so messy.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I understand your view Mrs S but I think they are better and more respectful than a lot of vloggers out there, they don’t ram a videocamera in their kids face 24/7 and it’s just a small snippet of a day.

As their split had shown, who knows what happens behind closed doors they may have to go back to work and i am sure there will come a day where the kids will say the don’t want to be filmed
So until their nearly 4 year olds are old enough to say no more filming, it's okay to use them for income? They are definitely no better at all than any other family vlogger - in fact if anything they are worse - the quints not only have to deal with the somewhat unusual situation of being quints, but one day they will also realise that because they were a bit of a curiousity they were also responsible for earning the family's income.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Has anyone noticed in the latest vlog that Skylar has shaved his head? It seems a bit weird - he has a receding hairline but wasn't really going bald apart from that? Possibly a bit out there, but his ongoing voice thing is odd - is he having treatment for cancer?

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I think he's trying to claim he has gender dysphoria? Because he was a little bit more feminine when he was a kid? I'm not toally sure. I think it's a baby step in to something bigger. and they wanted to leave the church, so it's a way to do that.

I think in a short time, more will come out and they will separate.
Or it's all bullshit and he's trying to claim he's something he's not?
He didn't actually say exactly what the situation was. Alluded to having gender dysphoria. Mentioned something about 'this may have previously been said to be transgender'. But didn't actually say he was transgender? For the vlog anyway he still seemed to be presenting as male? (particularly with the beard). Social transitioning is a huge step - particularly when they have kids, but if he has gender dysphoria or is non-binary or trans I would have thought that he would have shaved his beard off? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he is just gay and his marriage will end because of it. He said a lot in the vlog, but at the same time also said very little. There was no straightforward this is who I am, and my pronouns are ....

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I was absolutely team Skyler but you know what, I think I've changed my mind.

He's a basket case and seems to be floundering. Jamie still seems very measured, everything is clean and neat, and she's there doing the work while he's in Costa Rica 'finding himself'

I can't believe these nice mormons got so messy.
Well said. I just saw that Dana has already moved in with a new guy. What a self-centred flake. He should have never involved her in his kid's lives so soon. We all know what part of his body that he was thinking with when he did that. Running away to Costa Rica to find yourself when you have 7 kids is just self-indulgent nonsense. Jamie is the steady one holding down the fort - I still hate the perfect matchy type of way that she dresses the quints, but at least she has taken the step of separating the boys and girls at school this year - that's a start.

MamaOneSon

They say you shouldn't jump right into a relationship right after divorce. Sigh. Skylar definitely presents as someone who can't be alone.

Loouie

Did Scott post these somewhere?
They were actually on their shared fb account before they split off to have their ien, I went and scrolled back but not there now. There are still some girlfriend ones, but not those. Very bad taste given it was also Jamie's account at the time.

Eliza-Ann

Chatty Member
Today Skylar's declared he's missed vlogging so will start again.... bet he's missed the $$$
I noticed lots of comments from his fans on one of his posts from the followers saying they where not interested in the new content, wonder if he is concerned about losing followers. I like Skylar.

Sooey706

Yeah I agree that I think Skylar was moving away from the Mormonism, and the whole perfect image that seems to come along with it.
Just in the last few videos he has seemed more relaxed and like a regular guy.

Is there Mormon thing about wearing oversized hair bows?! I was happy for the kids when they all went to Walmart to choose their own swimmers. Individuality.
I don’t know if you watch The Dashleys, they've collaborated with them a few times and seen to be good friends. A few weeks back they posted a video Q and A with one being about their faith (they too were LDS aka Mormon). Seems they're steering away from that and they definitely seem to have upped their friendship with Skyler since the split, but never mentioned Jamie.

gossipygertie

Yeah I remember Jamie was looking to rent and then said her parents helped her buy that house.
---
And they had that massive caravan trailer, presumably they sold it.

Lewlew

I think that people who come out when they are older often become very selfish and self centred. Yes he should absolutely be whoever he is, but he shouldn't expect his wife to have to pretend that everything is fantastic and that life carries on as normal. It doesn't. I actually hope that she has left him as is rebuilding hher life. Dom't shoot me lol.
while I support people being who they want to be and loving who they want, the devastation on the other party is real.
my partner was married previously, 5 months into the relationship his ex wife said she was gay. That's fine, whatever. But she made him pay for a wedding in Vegas (including flights for her mum, sister and step dad) while he took no family then told him she only married him because she wanted to say she was married at least once. She destroyed him. We've been together 8 years now and it's taken a lot to build up his confidence. If only she'd told
Him before he actually married her

Meisify2

VIP Member
Did anyone else notice how the lady from the church who was constantly at their house helping with the kids (she used to do sing and sign with the kids) suddenly disappeared and was never mentioned again? Wonder if something happened with her and Skylar?

Meisify2

VIP Member
I guess at the moment that as much as having gender dysphoria is huge for his marriage, it would potentially be more salvagable that coming out as gay - his wife is now married to someone who is non-binary (which is still obviously huge to get her head around), rather than she is actually married to a man who is gay. Whatever happened with Skylar and Jamie's marriage, if it ended because he wanted to support his brother, then I respect him for doing that (As much as I totally disagree with him using the novelty of quintuplets for income). I hope that Shay's wife (can't remember her name) is getting good support - the whole non-binary thing is a bit trendy these days (don't slam me lol) and there is a big focus on support for people living with their true identity and transitioning (as there should be), however there is also a wife whose life has been torn apart. He has to be whoever he is, and he shouldn't have to pretend to be someone he isn't, but there are as many impacts on her as there are him. Not to mention their three kids.
Totally agree, Amanda seems like such a lovely lady, well educated, well spoken, fantastic mum, works hard, creates home made clothes etc for her children, they don’t overshare their kids on the internet or invade their privacy either. I hope she’s ok and she finds happiness what ever that may look like for her

I really hope youtube doesn’t change her or she starts sharing too much of her kids because that would be really sad

Last edited:

mfch

Gosh this is depressing the most recent video- selling their houses etc, why they're divorced. It's really sad.

And Skyler confirmed he's had a 'crisis of faith' and is no longer Mormon. That's got to be a huge part of why they split up.