Firefly Lane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the book and loved it, I like a few of Kristin Hannah. I am looking forward to watching the series.
She's great isn't she! I loved The Great Alone and The Nightingale. Would you recommend any others?

Reactions: 3
Just finished but I had no idea I was watching the last episode until another one didn’t come on 😭😭😭😭
I knew it was the last episode and still waited through the credits hoping another would start 😂 The episodes didn't feel as long as they were which I think is always a sign of a good show!

When I first put it on my husband complained that I always make him watch "girly tit" but, like everything I put on for us to watch, he really enjoyed it!
haven’t read the books but I’m guessing it doesn’t end that way?
From what I know (as I said, haven't read them but I know what's in the books) they still fall out but the first book doesn't end at the point the show.

I've just realised the woman who plays Tully's mum was in "Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce" (which was great for the first few seasons ... for those who haven't seen it, it's worth bingeing if you can't find anything else to watch).

She looks just the same as she did in that show.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I didn't like the ending. Overall, I feel the show had potential but was a but underwhelming. It seems to be a ratings hit so could get a second series.

In the book, Kate and Tully stop speaking because Tully brings Kate and Mara on her show as guests; Kate thinks it's for something cool but it ends up being something like mothers who control their kids' lives, and leaves Kate feeling embarrassed. In those initial flashbacks of Kate and Marah arriving at the church, I thought we were going to find out Tully had passed away. Another variation from the book: in that, Kate dies of cancer.

Have you ever seen the Meryl Streep film Heartburn? It features alot in that too. It's a song which always makes me feel emotional

I haven't seen. Might have to take a look. I totally get you, it gives me serious feels. I could cry instantly when I hear it.

Reactions: 1
I am wondering about Katherine H’s face too. Could it be that we usually see her as a blonde? Her face structure looks the same?

I just finished Firefly Lane, I liked it but I wouldn't say it was amazing. I found myself much more captivated by Tully than Kate, I actually found Kate scenes boring and pointless, like the 2 guys she almost gets together with. I also found it ridiculous that they didn't get an older actress to play Cloud in the present scenes. The same actress with a long grey wig looked ridiculous. The 80s segments didn't really hold my attention as much.

But there were some very emotional scenes in the show, some extremely personal which were hard to watch, but done very very well. Great soundtrack too.

Reactions: 6
Watched beaches earlier first time in years,this show/book kinda reminds me of it a little,

I thought that all the way through, especially knowing how the book ends. The author must have loved Beaches 🤣
Yes thats what made me think it as I know how the book ends,it didn't cross my mind until watching the film earlier.
very much like "copy my homework but make a few changes" lol 😆

Reactions: 1
Just finished this, I enjoyed it and hope there's another series.

But why are the current scenes in 2003? At first I thought it was present day.

I have to admit at times I got confused and thought one of the early funeral scenes was Tullys funeral haha. The jumping back and forth seemed to get me a bit lost.. Or maybe thats coz I've been working while binging it 🤣

I read the books years ago and loved them! I was actually about 15 minutes into the show before I realised it was based on the books.

I loved the series too but it was very different I’m not sure how I feel about the Kate and Johnny situation as I thought they were a great couple in the books. Really hope the second series is realised soon as the last episode ended so abruptly.

Overall I’d say both the book and show are great but the book is 100 times better and definitely worth a read!

I have to admit at times I got confused and thought one of the early funeral scenes was Tullys funeral haha. The jumping back and forth seemed to get me a bit lost.. Or maybe thats coz I've been working while binging it 🤣
I think you were meant to think it was Tully's funeral - a red herring.

I wish they'd used the younger actresses for the uni years (great casting!). Watching two women in their 40s playing 18-21ish by virtue of a blurry camera filter is awkward. My boyfriend who half-watches keeps asking me which time period it's meant to be 'because they always look the f*cking same.'

And yes, KH's face is really puffy in the most recent timeline, but looks fine in the earlier timeline.

I think I'm the only one who didn't enjoy the show. It was really slow developing in the story and the jumping back and forth with past and present just left me utterly lost...

Did I miss something?
Why didn’t they talk at the end?
What happened?
In the book,
Tully convinces Kate to go on her new show on the premise that it's to discuss strong mother-daughter bonds, but in reality it's about control-freak mothers ... I guess they left it open on the series to pave the way for a second series, should they get the green light

I thought it was a bit of anti-climax too in all honesty. It irked me that they got 2003 all wrong - the hair, dress, everything. Would I watch a second series? Maybe ... if I had a pile of ironing to do and there was nothing else on I might - but I wouldn't invest so much time in it solely again.

I think I'm the only one who didn't enjoy the show. It was really slow developing in the story and the jumping back and forth with past and present just left me utterly lost...
Same I gave up about half way through I found it really dull. I was so excited too after loving the book!

I don't usually mind shows that go back and forth but I don't think this show did it very well.