Firefly Lane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching on Netflix?

I LOVED the book but not sure about the show yet. I'm only on ep3 but seems like it's changing from the plot of the book..

Reactions: 4
Binge watched this in a day, absolutely loved it. Had no idea it was a book, would you say it’s worth reading after I’ve already watched the series?

Binge watched this in a day, absolutely loved it. Had no idea it was a book, would you say it’s worth reading after I’ve already watched the series?
I'm enjoying the series more now I'm a bit further into it. I love the different fashion and decor through it.

I would say it is still worth reading because even tho I haven't finished the series yet I have a sense that the plot is going to be very different to the book, don't want to go into more in case I spoil the film or book plot for anyone. I enjoyed the book much more than I am enjoying the film, and there is a sequel too called Fly Away. :)

The author Kristin Hannah has some great ones so would recommend her even if you don't read that one.

I loved it!!! I had no idea that it was a book until after I finished though. I thought the soundtrack and wardrobe was great

I don’t think the reason Katie and Tully are no longer speaking is anything to do with Johnny. I think that’s too obvious. Don’t anyone confirm or deny it though 😂😆 I wanna wait til S2 to find out

Reactions: 3
I’m loving this. Only on episode 4. Had no idea it was a book either so I think I’ll give that a whirl.

Reactions: 1
Just on episode 5, I think I will order the book too. Love the music too, had my favourite Carly Simon song in it!

Just finished episode 4 and am loving it!!!! Cried my eyes out though as Time after time is my favourite ever song 😭 the whole soundtrack is perfect!! Have just ordered the book too so looking forward to reading that!

Up to no.4

Think I prefer their teenage selves, rather than their adult selves.

Get your flares out, with this and The Serpent, they will be en vogue this summer

Reactions: 8
I'm onto episode 3 ... this trend of flipping back and forth over the years annoys me though. This is far better done than "This is Us" in that regard, but I still prefer shows that stick to one time period.

I love that the cast in this aren't the same-old players that we see time and time again.

Absolutely love "Kate's" modern day house.

I don't think they've made 2003 look quite right - it looks a bit mid-90s to me ...

Reactions: 5
Can we just talk about Katherine H face?

Is it just really bad make up or has she had work done?

Can we just talk about Katherine H face?

Is it just really bad make up or has she had work done?
I couldn’t work out what it is..... in the ‘current’ scenes her face looks really swollen and shiny but then in the teenage years she looks lovely so not sure what it is. 🤔

I agree with the comment about going back and forth in time. I don't usually mind shows doing this, but I don't think it's particularly well done in Firefly Lane, feels a bit too choppy.

Intrigued to hear what you all think of the book once you've read it. :) I haven't read the sequel yet so might order that.

Reactions: 2
Anyone know if a second series is planned?
Really thought the two actresses playing teenage Tully and kate were wonderful and would have happily watched more of their parts.
I cried, smiled and loved the relationship between kate and tully and I'm looking forward to reading the book

Reactions: 8
Just finished this. Loved it and can't wait for season 2. Heart is still breaking at Axl 😭😭 I'm one of those people that doesn't care about humans dying but a dog or any animal breaks me, haha.

I think Katherine H has had work done? The weird glamour/filter effect on the 80s scenes were abit off putting but still enjoyed it.

Haven't read the books but I know what happens in both of them and will definitely reading them, can't wait to see where season 2 goes.

Although, it hasn't been renewed yet so fingers crossed it does get a season 2, haha.

Reactions: 10
Omg I love this series so much 😭😭😭

how could it end like that? I love their friendship so much.

im going to read the book x

Just finished but I had no idea I was watching the last episode until another one didn’t come on 😭😭😭😭
I hope there’s another series!
I haven’t read the books but I’m guessing it doesn’t end that way?
No spoilers please 🙏

Reactions: 2
I read the book and loved it, I like a few of Kristin Hannah. I am looking forward to watching the series.

Reactions: 3