FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I first read Brids post I thought that Fionnuala had announced that she was leaving without telling her, which I thought was awful. But they hadn't actually recorded a podcast properly for months before the announcement, all the podcasts were patreon episodes or recordings of live shows, so I think they'd already fallen out by then. I think wanting to keep the podcast going remotely would have been a mistake, I really felt it had fallen off in a big way when Brid moved. I will say I think the way Brid has spoken about and handled Patreon stuff has made me think it was primarily about money for her. If you're going to keep charging people a fiver with no new content coming, you need to make a big deal and let people know so they can cancel... that just seems very scammy to me. She had some tweets about people unsubscribing too which just struck me as really entitled.
And let's be honest... she was riding the coattails a little? Fionnuala is a media powerhouse at this stage.

Reactions: 7
If I had to make a complete guess as to what happened without any evidence I would say that I think something happened on the tour that really pissed Fionualla off and that was the end of the podcast and the friendship for her.

I don't think Fionualla ever really got to know Brid's partner so she was wary of him and I'd also say Brid told Fionualla she was pregnant while they were on tour (she would have to with drinks around) and that threw her for a loop. They were really close friends once from what I can gather, so I guess getting pregnant with your basically brand new boyfriend and not telling your friend until a high-stress time probably put a strain. I don't want to say that Fionnuala judged Brid for her decisions with the boyfriend and the baby but she may have just felt like they just weren't going to work as friends or working partners anymore.

Reactions: 7
When I first read Brids post I thought that Fionnuala had announced that she was leaving without telling her, which I thought was awful. But they hadn't actually recorded a podcast properly for months before the announcement, all the podcasts were patreon episodes or recordings of live shows, so I think they'd already fallen out by then. I think wanting to keep the podcast going remotely would have been a mistake, I really felt it had fallen off in a big way when Brid moved. I will say I think the way Brid has spoken about and handled Patreon stuff has made me think it was primarily about money for her. If you're going to keep charging people a fiver with no new content coming, you need to make a big deal and let people know so they can cancel... that just seems very scammy to me. She had some tweets about people unsubscribing too which just struck me as really entitled.
Oh is that with her baby patreon? I never subscribed to that nor do I follow her on Twitter so missed that but that is a bit much charging people and providing nothing - very sneaky too as most people forget to cancel those things

Reactions: 2
Oh is that with her baby patreon? I never subscribed to that nor do I follow her on Twitter so missed that but that is a bit much charging people and providing nothing - very sneaky too as most people forget to cancel those things
It looks like she has 48 patrons but hasn't posted anything on the Patreon since the start of June.. and there were maybe only 4 podcasts episodes in total. I understand that maybe pregnancy and motherhood means she didn't have as much time to devote to the patreon as she expected (the description says
"✨1 x 'Oh Baby' podcast a month
✨1 x written piece from Baby Daddy Marc
✨Lots of pregnancy updates
✨Forums and discussion boards with other Mammies - we’re all in this together 🎉")

But I hope that she's paused the payments from people or something (I don't know how Patreon works) so people aren't paying for nothing.

No the bandwagons one. There was never a post saying there was going to be new content and it is still running, so unless you cancel you're still being charged. I think you need to make a post about that so people know what's going on and if you want to keep it open for people to still get the content you need to drop the price. Seems like a no brainer to me and I think it's pretty dodgy if it's not done.

No the bandwagons one. There was never a post saying there was going to be new content and it is still running, so unless you cancel you're still being charged. I think you need to make a post about that so people know what's going on and if you want to keep it open for people to still get the content you need to drop the price. Seems like a no brainer to me and I think it's pretty dodgy if it's not done.
Does Fionnuala also have access to the Patreon or do you think Brid is the one running it? I did see a similar post on the Patreon to the one Brid made on IG when the podcast ended (and signed B).. so I wonder does Brid have control of the Patreon and also the money that comes from it? (if people are still paying monthly).

I loved Bandwagons and really miss it! It gave me a few good laughs during the pandemic when things were dark and I loved how the girls got on. I had subscribed to Brid’s patron as I wanted to support her but parts of it bothered me. She mentions in the first episode that they have a family house sorted for them and their family were buying them an expensive travel system so they felt fortunate but that they had chosen to have the baby as she knew people who were older and had trouble conceiving. I could be wrong but felt like she was rationalising it and it had been a surprise. A lot of people would love to settle down but have to work for ages to try and afford these things before starting a family and don’t have the same family support and may run into fertility struggles because they had to work for so long to afford these things. I just thought it was a bit off but I could have picked it up wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️ Either way I miss the podcast and it’s sad that the girls are not close. I hope things work out for both of them!

Both very young I suppose and sometimes friendships end same as relationships. Took very different paths.

Fionnula has a great career ahead seems to have really catapulted. Could be on the bee bee cee or elsewhere in the future. You’d never know.

Reactions: 6
I think they have completely different priorities and work ethic now, so they would have drifted apart even if they hadn't fallen out.

On top of what we see Fionnuala working on on her Insta she also does social media for 98FM and seems to consistently write articles for them too https://www.98fm.com/author/fionnuala-jonescommunicorpmedia-com (not sure if full-time but close to full time).

Any tv work, podcast work, ads, IG story Love Island roundups (you can disagree that that's work but it's still an undertaking) is on top of her already full time job. I don't really blame her for feeling burnt out and I've seen lately she has been talking about how she can't say no to work and regretting it. I do hope she makes it big because she's putting the work in.

Reactions: 8
I’m looking forward to this but I just hope it’s not the same pool of ‘gas’ guests that every other Irish podcast pick from. Karla K, James Kav, Rob Kenny, holly carpenter etc

I’m looking forward to this but I just hope it’s not the same pool of ‘gas’ guests that every other Irish podcast pick from. Karla K, James Kav, Rob Kenny, holly carpenter etc
Yeah I agree. She needs to have guests to make it interesting though too.

Yeah I agree. She needs to have guests to make it interesting though too.

Oh yeah absolutely & I’m sure she has a good mix. I just find loads of Irish podcasters just basically interview each other and go around and do a circuit of podcasts over and over.

Reactions: 5
I definitely love Fionnuala's work but the new podcast seems to be very like Juvenalia. Also with a new guest per week, we can guess them can't we:

James Kavanagh
Laura Young
Andrea Horan
Holly Carpenter
Louise McSharry
Tony Cantwell
Rinse repeat

I will be listening of course because I think her own personality and professionalism will bring it to another level but I'm so bored of Irish podcasts right now.

I just think Bandwagons was such a great little niche and it’ll be hard to live up 🙈 like someone said above I will definitely listen because Fionnuala in all fairness is great at what she does and I’m sure it’ll be a laugh…. I just wish it was bandwagons!!!!

I just hope this new pod isn’t a Virgin Media Backed podcast like “the group chat” or “popsessed” because we will have the same boring bastards that carousel into Ireland AM and 6 o clock show. Enya Martin, Tony Cantwell, Michael Fry et al

Reactions: 3
I definitely love Fionnuala's work but the new podcast seems to be very like Juvenalia. Also with a new guest per week, we can guess them can't we:

James Kavanagh
Laura Young
Andrea Horan
Holly Carpenter
Louise McSharry
Tony Cantwell
Rinse repeat

I will be listening of course because I think her own personality and professionalism will bring it to another level but I'm so bored of Irish podcasts right now.
Please for the love of god not Laura young

Was really looking forward to this new podcast but gotta say was not impressed based on the first episode. Maybe it was the topic/guest but it had no funny moments. Brid was definitely missed

Was really looking forward to this new podcast but gotta say was not impressed based on the first episode. Maybe it was the topic/guest but it had no funny moments. Brid was definitely missed
I agree way too much for me. Was looking for something more on the lines of iconic pop culture moments

Reactions: 3